Insurance HELP !

-
I'm with State Farm right now And the rates are fair but I can not say how they are on paying a claims as I've never had one in 10 years I've had them. Been thinking about going to Grundy but I too would like to hear from someone that has them and had a claim. Good or bad.

I'm with State Farm right now And the rates are fair but I can not say how they are on paying a claims as I've never had one in 10 years I've had them. Been thinking about going to Grundy but I too would like to hear from someone that has them and had a claim. Good or bad.
My thinking also. Just got a quote from American collector . About same coverage as everyone else but they want over $500 a yr . That's up there with Hagurty. I'm looking in the $250 range . Grundies sounding better all the time.

You hate to think that you've payed Insurance for 10 years and then one day you need it only to find out my 15K Comp coverage only is valid in a meteor storm!

My thinking also. Just got a quote from American collector . About same coverage as everyone else but they want over $500 a yr . That's up there with Hagurty. I'm looking in the $250 range . Grundies sounding better all the time.
I think loyalty can go a long way with insurance companies. You guys might want be careful about jumping around. If you want the REAL answer, take your insurance portfolio to different providers and do your own "apples to apples" comparisons and present any findings to your current provider as leverage to keep your premiums in check.

I think loyalty can go a long way with insurance companies. You guys might want be careful about jumping around. If you want the REAL answer, take your insurance portfolio to different providers and do your own "apples to apples" comparisons and present any findings to your current provider as leverage to keep your premiums in check.
Yes this is my plan . I've been with Pemco for fourty years . I may be able to find something through my agent . I do a lot of research before I decide . It doesn't hurt to get different points of view.

Maybe at one time loyalty meant something. Now days you may not want to put to much faith in that. Several years ago I had all my insurance with Allstate, home,4 vehicles, disability. Than one day we get a letter, "Due to their over exposure to liability in the state of Fl. and due to the excessive amount of hurricanes, We regret to inform you that we will not be renewing your homeowners policy!" Claiming it was a lottery and in no way is it any other reason. We had them for over 31 years, with one minor claim in all those years! Loyalty my ***!

Maybe at one time loyalty meant something. Now days you may not want to put to much faith in that. Several years ago I had all my insurance with Allstate, home,4 vehicles, disability. Than one day we get a letter, "Due to their over exposure to liability in the state of Fl. and due to the excessive amount of hurricanes, We regret to inform you that we will not be renewing your homeowners policy!" Claiming it was a lottery and in no way is it any other reason. We had them for over 31 years, with one minor claim in all those years! Loyalty my ***!
Minus Allstate. Allstate SUCKS. Read that. ALLSTATE SUCKS

I've also heard that you should change insurance companies every 10 years or so.
I don't know about that. I think you should do as I said in post#29 sooner than 10 years though.

Still stand by my comment. This country is Price driven. It's not that Allstate Sucks! We have become a bottom line society. customer service is a casualty of this.
Allstate is the spawn of SATIN. They dont give a **** about customer service period.

J.C.Taylor Antique Ins. for older cars.
I'm not a big fan of Grundy , they gave me a quote of $750 a year with numerous restrictions for my Hellcat , after submitting the application and payment they retracted the quote claiming they misquoted based on location , their new quote was higher than the zero restriction Geico policy I currently had

I've had good luck with Mercury Insurance here in California as a stand-alone policy. Agreed Value of 12,000. If I had 2 cars I would do a Geico / Hagerty combo. Hegerty doesn't track your mileage.

State Farm, agreed value of $20,000, full coverage. Limited to 3,000 miles a year (no other restrictions). $76 every 6 months for the Barracuda.

State Farm, agreed value of $20,000, full coverage. Limited to 3,000 miles a year (no other restrictions). $76 every 6 months for the Barracuda.
Damn you got a better deal than I have through State Farm, mine is 15K 3000 miles a year and is about 125.00 every 6 months for my 69 Dart.

Hey guys, I'm not trying to kill this thread but there are so many variables with policies. Discounts for this and that. Combining policies compared to stand alone policies. It just seems we are spinning our wheels at this point. I would like to say one last thing though... ALLSTATE SUCKS.:mob:

Damn you got a better deal than I have through State Farm, mine is 15K 3000 miles a year and is about 125.00 every 6 months for my 69 Dart.

My wife's 73, 4 door, slant is covered for $3500 under the same kind of policy. I only wanted it covered for $2500 but that was below the policy minimum so they upped coverage to $3500. lol.

Her car is $72 every 6 months.

I wouldn't go with State Farm, they like to ream every way they can.

I started out with State Farm (with an '87 D50 and a 74 Duster). The rates were kinda high but I was a new driver so I ignored it because that's supposed to be normal.

Later I replaced the 87 D50 (and parked the Duster) with a lifted 84 D50. I was paying $55 a month for the '84 for Liability Only and they explained to me if I had a vehicle that wasn't a rollover risk and had more safety features that the rates would drop.... ($55 a month isn't bad though)

I added my mint condition low mileage 1978 Yamaha Motorcycle for $30 extra a month, which they refused to insure on Full Coverage because "it's my choice to ride a motorcycle"

So I bought a Dakota (to serve as a backup 4WD) with Air Bags, Antilock Brakes, and it wasn't a rollover risk... My rate increased to $65 (just for the Dakota) and when I asked why it increased on a vehicle with more safety features they hung up on me.

After my dad switched to MMG and got better prices, I did the same. Now I pay $49 a month for both of my trucks together and $80 a year for my Yamaha (and the Yamaha has Full Coverage)

I have American collectors on my truck. Jamie has condon and Skully on her dart.

Have also used Jc Taylor in the past. No issues with any of them.

Jc and condon were both like 3000 miles a year. Just had to call if I thought we would go over. Had to be stored in locked garage.

American collectors is 7000 miles I tear if I remember. They said I could take it to work once in a while also. Also has to be stored in a locked garage.

Another vote for State Farm. I've had the same agent for 37 years. He knows exactly what my car is and we have it insured for an agreed upon value. Comp/collision/uninsured motorist. I pay $500/yr with a $500 deductable.
wow! that`s high !

Ins. connection USA----ask for Jessica.

whatever you do just make sure the car is properly insured. nothing worse then losing the car and not atleast getting some money for it.

-
Back