this seems to be the only markings

Attachments

• man3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 117
  • MAN1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 112
  • man2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 114
30 to 40 years ago,it was a private label did chrome and accessories.I remember Summitts first magazine ads (early 80s?),this was one of their labels.

im running one of these myself at the moment,kind of a elderbrock knock off,works alright though

Pro/Stock was an old brand made specifically for PAW and sold only through them at first. They made everything from intakes to valve covers to camshafts. You could probably email the guy at PAW and he can tell you. Although PAW now only specializes in early Hemi stuff, I am sure he can help you because that was their exclusive brand.

thanks for the info

my son ran it with a 600 Holley but I think I will need to jet it down for my 273

the Carter bbl on it now has worn throttle shaft bushing and keeps dieing due to the vacuum leak

It's probably a good intake, I suspect. Back when they were made, outsourcing was not as bad of a problem as it is now, so most assuredly, it was cast right here in the US. Probably a Holley or Edelbrock cast piece for Pro/Stock. I bet it's a good piece.

It's closer to a Holley intake IMO. Also, during the period they were being made, a EGR valve was cast into it for that just in case it needs to appear or actually pass a test.
That intake should be in a RPM range like the Torker, 2500 - 6500 rpm's. And IMO, work better than the Torker(s).

thanks for the info

my son ran it with a 600 Holley but I think I will need to jet it down for my 273

the Carter bbl on it now has worn throttle shaft bushing and keeps dieing due to the vacuum leak

A 600 would be perfect for a 273. If it was jetted up for a bigger cube motor you could always jet it back down. It may be good where it's at. The intake may be too much for a 273 though. Check the port match. 273 heads had small ports. toolmanmike

-
Back