Intake Manifold Colour?

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m replacing my intake manifold and I have to try and match the colour. Is this Chrysler Blue or Turquoise? It looks too blue to be turquoise.
IMG_4743.jpeg

That's Chrysler blue. But good luck matching it. The last I got shot a different shade out of each of four cans. And I'm not talking about "a little" different shade. A blind man could see the difference. It was Duplicolor, too. They USED to be pretty good.

That's Chrysler blue. But good luck matching it. The last I got shot a different shade out of each of four cans. And I'm not talking about "a little" different shade. A blind man could see the difference. It was Duplicolor, too. They USED to be pretty good.
Thank you for the reply and info. Maybe I’ll repaint it turquoise which is what it should be.

Lol, My Mopar can says turquoise. And I swear my engine looks like yours in the pic. I thought the blue was a bit darker. But as the other post said....apparently the shades can change.

Lol, My Mopar can says turquoise. And I swear my engine looks like yours in the pic. I thought the blue was a bit darker. But as the other post said....apparently the shades can change.
Chrysler never did anything easy…..lol Thanks for replying!

I just sprayed duplicolor Chrysler blue a few weeks ago. Looks dark to me but I wasn’t going for restoration quality.
842AC170-957A-4DD6-AE03-3E11F604D236.jpeg

Looks great my problem is I’m only painting the intake so I have to match the existing paint.
Yea I was giving you a reference. I don’t think it will match your existing color very well was my point in showing. Shoulda been more clear.

Again for reference, what I sprayed (post 13) was duplicolor DE1631 Chrysler Blue
182CF567-FE5B-4AC7-866C-54BDD1266EF4.jpeg

Again for reference, what I sprayed (post 13) was duplicolor DE1631 Chrysler Blue
View attachment 1716276409
Yes that’s the code I looked at. I put your picture and mine together and mine is a much lighter shade of blue. Very noticeable difference. It just makes it so much harder to find the correct shade. I found a Duplicolour spray bomb (DE 1643) and it looks really really close. It’s called “Torque ‘N’ Teal”. The problem is I can’t find it here in Canada and the US won’t ship paint to Canada. The saga continues……….

I think your best bet (if you want a perfect match) will be going down to a high quality auto body shop in your area with your intake in hand and have them match the color and mix you up something. They can scan the intake or take a color chip and mix up a color for you.

I think your best bet (if you want a perfect match) will be going down to a high quality auto body shop in your area with your intake in hand and have them match the color and mix you up something. They can scan the intake or take a color chip and mix up a color for you.
Excellent idea! Probably what I will do. Thanks for your input

DE1631 looks good when you paint the entire engine. You can also get the paint made by someone who sells auto body supplies, but that costs more money.

20240529_180810.jpg

I went to the body shop today and left them a rocker cover. They are going to scan it and see what they come up with. I’ll know in a few days. Fingers crossed!

I went to the body shop today and left them a rocker cover. They are going to scan it and see what they come up with. I’ll know in a few days. Fingers crossed!
Perfect. And some places can mix up the paint and stick it in a rattle can for you. Ask them if they can do that. Sherman Williams did that for me a while back.

-
Back