Intake Manifold Colour?

-
I went to the body shop today and left them a rocker cover. They are going to scan it and see what they come up with. I’ll know in a few days. Fingers crossed!
Good luck. I have not had much luck with the "We will scan it and put a good match in a can for you" deals. Plus, make absolutely sure they are selling you a spray paint for an engine!!! Would you paint your engine with Krylon or Rustoleum? No, you wouldn't. Krylon and Rustoleum are great for a lot of things, but not for an engine. Make sure the body shop is actually selling you a paint that is for engines. If the match is not perfect, Spray the manifold and the valve covers. That will make things blend better.

Good luck. I have not had much luck with the "We will scan it and put a good match in a can for you" deals. Plus, make absolutely sure they are selling you a spray paint for an engine!!! Would you paint your engine with Krylon or Rustoleum? No, you wouldn't. Krylon and Rustoleum are great for a lot of things, but not for an engine. Make sure the body shop is actually selling you a paint that is for engines. If the match is not perfect, Spray the manifold and the valve covers. That will make things blend better.
harrisonm
All good points! Yes we already had the talk that it has to be hi temp engine paint. I can’t spray the rocker covers because they are chrome. I’m anxious as hell to see what they come up with. I will post including pics how it goes.

Yes that’s the code I looked at. I put your picture and mine together and mine is a much lighter shade of blue. Very noticeable difference. It just makes it so much harder to find the correct shade. I found a Duplicolour spray bomb (DE 1643) and it looks really really close. It’s called “Torque ‘N’ Teal”. The problem is I can’t find it here in Canada and the US won’t ship paint to Canada. The saga continues……….
Get a member to pick it up and ship it to u. I’m sure they will be more than happy to. Kim

I went to the body shop today and left them a rocker cover. They are going to scan it and see what they come up with. I’ll know in a few days. Fingers crossed!
Painted the intake. I think the body shop did a great job of matching the paint!

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5738.jpeg

Remember the color will change some after a few hours at running temp...

-
Back