is anyone else totally into HotWheels

-
I'm not sure but over the years when I have bought parts I have gotten those cars as well!!

:happy1:

Rani have you ever played with slot cars? Look them up on the net. They come in several scales, but the most common are HO scale , about the size of a hot wheels car. I would imagine up in colorado theres probably some clubs that race these. Lots of fun. You should check it out. Something fun to do when the weather gets too cold to be wrenching. I have a 4 lane track i built in my garage on a 4x8 plywood table. These things are rockets , i recommend the Tomy AFX super g plus, or mega g chassis. The cool thing is you can have your racers, spare parts, and pit tools all fit in a fishing tackle box. If you play with these you will get hooked , its like crack for car nuts lol

Also what do your friends think of your interests in the old mopars? Any boyfriends who are envious of your abilities with the cars, or just plain jealous you prob know more than they do about them.

I say keep on wrenching, and get more of the ladies involved in this hobby. My wife understands my passion, and loves the roar of an unmuffled american V8 as much as i do, says the sound gets her excited lol. and loves the old cars. She is hooked on barrett jackson on tv. She appreciates the old iron and knows it takes a lot of work to restore them. She just isnt into getting dirty doing it.

Matt

Rani have you ever played with slot cars? Look them up on the net. They come in several scales, but the most common are HO scale , about the size of a hot wheels car. I would imagine up in colorado theres probably some clubs that race these. Lots of fun. You should check it out. Something fun to do when the weather gets too cold to be wrenching. I have a 4 lane track i built in my garage on a 4x8 plywood table. These things are rockets , i recommend the Tomy AFX super g plus, or mega g chassis. The cool thing is you can have your racers, spare parts, and pit tools all fit in a fishing tackle box. If you play with these you will get hooked , its like crack for car nuts lol

Also what do your friends think of your interests in the old mopars? Any boyfriends who are envious of your abilities with the cars, or just plain jealous you prob know more than they do about them.

I say keep on wrenching, and get more of the ladies involved in this hobby. My wife understands my passion, and loves the roar of an unmuffled american V8 as much as i do, says the sound gets her excited lol. and loves the old cars. She is hooked on barrett jackson on tv. My wife appreciates them, and knows it takes a lot of work to restore them. She just isnt to getting dirty doing it.

Matt

Hee hee .....i do have a slot car race set i think its by Life-like brand in HO scale but the cars need the tune up kit.... i used to play racees with my cousin when he lived with me but now i live with my adoptive parents only and they are always busy so i dont have anyone to race anymore.

my friends that are girls think i am very strange and dont understand my car fever and i dont hang out with local car guys ......i had a problem a few years back bcoz i was hanging out with a group of car guys and it was all about cars ....but their wifes and girlfriends didnt agree and didnt want me around so that is why other than FABO im pretty much a loner.

i have never had a boyfriend bcoz in my culture we do arranged marrages so i dont usually talk to boys locally except for a few that my parents appove of .....they dont mind FABO bcoz this is different and they can only see what im doing....i dont have any secrets.

all this car fever is sooo fun ....nothing is more relaxing than building something you can be proud of and MOPAR was a natural choice bcoz my adoptive family who brought me to the USA were always mopar ppl even before i was born and they owned an old salvage yard here which is why i have access to a lot of cars LOL

getting dirty is the best part ...i think i actually prefer working on the cars more than driving them....when i finish a project it feels empty. nothing like the smell of 90 weight and dirt and leaves in your hair sitting in a junkyard dog car imagining what could be and how you can accomplish it. LOL

sorry for long reply

When i get my cars done i usually lose interest too. The whole needle in the proverbial haystack of looking for parts is fun. Plus i love the thrill of taking something thats junk and making it look and work like its new.

Like the harley riders say ( if i have to explain, you wouldent understand) this applies to your female friends who dont understand your interests. You can make a good living working with cars.

Btw i collect the johnny lightning cars, and the M2 muscle cars too. I have a cool M2 dodge semi truck car hauler with a 71 charger R/T on the back. Has black steelies on it like its headed to the dealer. It says are you dodge material on the trailer. Old advert stuff. Really cool. The M2 stuff is really nice.

Matt

the M2s are soooo sweet ..the only problem with them is that they can get expensive....i dont even want to know how much i have into them already but its a well spent entertainment budget LOL

This semi-truck has a 70 superbee ....i have never seen the one with 71 charger

Attachments

• CIMG2356.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 343
  • CIMG2355.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 259
  • CIMG2354.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 266
  • CIMG2353.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 275
  • CIMG2352.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 281
This is the only one I've got. I found it in a grocery store of all places, never saw a 74 Duster Hot Wheels before.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 272
Never saw that semi truck one with the super bee. Looks like a muscle car scat pack dodge clinic type of deal . Will have to look for it. This one i have is a car carrier truck, has places for 3 other cars, but comes with one lime green 71 charger R/T. With steelies on it like it hasnt made it to the dealer yet.

I got a whole collection of the M2 cars got some brand X M2s. And an M2 66 shelby mustang everything still in the box like yours.

What brand is the panther pink 340 duster? I like the 1/18 scale stuff. Got a bunch of it myself.

I got these 2 the other day. I think there is 6 in this group but only saw these 2...

Attachments

• DSCF0278 (Copy).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF0279 (Copy).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 251
What brand is the panther pink 340 duster? I like the 1/18 scale stuff. Got a bunch of it myself.

it says johnny lightning on the bottom ....same car was available in black and lime green ...i had all three of them at one time but i gave up the other two in a mopar trade. but i wont ever give up the pink one LOL ....i love Pink and black together

[Rani is it 1/18 scale? I had an M2 71 340 cuda w billboard stripe i bought my friend as a christmas gift. It was 1/24 scale nice detail had opening trunk w spare tire too.

Btw did you get my PM?

Rani id like to get a copy of that cool supercar dodge car hauler. Does your store have any more of these? Walmart here had the M2 trucks at christmas time, but not that one . If you can get me a duplicate of yours with the super bee, lmk how much for it, and the shipping. I will try to find the car carrier one w dodge charger if your interested in one

Matt

mrdodge69 where did you get the dodge dart 1/18th scale models. i love the color of the 68 one, and the kowalski challenger complete with dirt

I like the auto world 3 gear standard wheelbase bodies as they will snap onto the tomy afx mega g 1.5 wide chassis. And snap onto the original 3 gear aurora afx chassis from the 1970s. I dont care for the auto world chassis the 3 gear or the 4 gear dragster chassis. cheap quality knock offs of the original afx chassis .Call me spoiled, but i have a large collection of restored original aurora afx 3 gear and 4 gear cars and spare chassis, and the auto world chassis dont even compare. I think they are nice to look at as shelf queens, but it takes a lot of effort to really make em run competitively. Some of the auto world xtraction chassis parts i use in my restorations like springs, pickup shoes and motor brushes.

We run em hard on my 4 lane on friday nights. Used to run a 3 gear class, and an afx srt class. The 3 gear chassis were too labor intensive between 10 minute heats, and 15 minute features. We only use the afx srt chassis now because it could take this abuse and need minor tinkering to ready them for the next race.

Auto world bodys are nicely done, we use em when we race, the chassis not so much. But if you are collecting them and dont intend to run them they could be fun to collect.

Just my .02
Matt

Check this out..

Attachments

• DSCF0284 (Copy).jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF0285 (Copy).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF0286 (Copy).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 231
Not trying to brag, but i still have my chrome boss hoss. There was also a chrome king cuda barracuda, and chrome heavy chevy camaro.

I have probably around 50-60 of those M2s Rani. I'll try and get pics of mine.

-
Back