Is everything got to be a joke

-

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
I hope i'm not getting too old but why is it that when the few times i have asked a question which i don't do often there is always some smart *** that has to chime in with a stupid remark. If you have to make a smart remark do yourself and me a favor and save your typing time for another website. I only ask for help on my project or offer help on others and i just don't have time for somebody that only looks to poke his nose in where it don't belong. I like fun asmuch as anyone but if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Thanks for the vent time i am going to take my geritol and retire for the evening.

people arn't being taught the old addage, "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all"

I agree, people should ask themselves if the comment they are making really is helpful to the person posting the question. Often it is better to be silent and let the thread be carried by those who have something useful to contribute.

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

Seriously, everybody comes here for different reasons at times and a little humor along with the tech advice keeps this "thing of ours" interesting. jmho

There is a fine line between honest jovial humor, and demeaning sarcasm. I try to save the sarcasm for when I'm face to face.

I'm most likely to be part of the problem, but the one thing I can't stand are the pompous assholes. Every site has them, including this one. :rolleyes:

... pompous assholes. Every site has them, including this one. :rolleyes:
From the little I have experianced of FABO, I'd say this forum is better than the majority I have seen.
I'm a moderator on another forum. We are pretty strict. If someone has an attitude, but contributes, we let it slide unless it gets out of hand. But if they have nothing to contribute, and are just there to throw their weight around, BANNED for life. I deal with enough jerks (I live in CT) in real life. I don't need that crap when I'm recreating.

Sorry if I have offended you. I will add you to my ignore list so I can't accidentally comment on your thread.

Sorry if I have offended you. I will add you to my ignore list so I can't accidentally comment on your thread.
How do you do that? I'd better do the same, since I'm such a smartass. Don't want to rile anybody up.

O.K. we know who you trouble makers are now. You've exposed youself and have been placed in the same category as me. Flatlander, J.R., dustergal, Daredevil, ELFin, and Cudaspaz are all invited over to plan the big invasion over a few beers. I know there are more of ya out there so your invited too. Just show up and bring your evilness with you.
I too like a little fun but as mentioned before, i dont like a horses butt.
Small Block

O.K. we know who you trouble makers are now. You've exposed youself and have been placed in the same category as me. Flatlander, J.R., dustergal, Daredevil, ELFin, and Cudaspaz are all invited over to plan the big invasion over a few beers. I know there are more of ya out there so your invited too. Just show up and bring your evilness with you.
Small Block

Can I bring my carclub friends?? Couldn't find a bigger bunch of wisenheimers if you looked.

Small Block

Wow, how did I miss this party? Although, I will admit to typing a reply and then not posting it because it didn't sound as good on screen as it did in my head......
Must be the voices taking over.....

:-\" not sayin' a word.. :eek:ops: my bad... [-X just gonna keep it zipped. :dontknow::poke: rome is burning.... :-({|=

Wylde1.

I hope I'm not getting too old but why is it that when the few times i have asked a question which i don't do often there is always some smart *** that has to chime in with a stupid remark. If you have to make a smart remark do yourself and me a favor and save your typing time for another website. I only ask for help on my project or offer help on others and i just don't have time for somebody that only looks to poke his nose in where it don't belong. I like fun as much as anyone but if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Thanks for the vent time i am going to take my geritol and retire for the evening.

IMHO you need to lighten up. Life's way to short to be so serious. The car hobby is all about having fun. When it becomes too serious is when it's time to hang up the wrenches. Laugh at the goof-offs and digest the good information. The person cracking the wise *** remark today, might have the answer to your problem tomorrow.

-
Back