Is the transmission 2000 Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 dead?

-

2000_DD_RT_5.9

Reaction score
The reverse had pretty much stopped working, even though I could hear it engage. All other gears worked just fine, up until the other day. Drive well engage for a second, then will stop working. Not sure if it's the solenoid, bands, or the Governor Pressure Sensor, or it's just dead.

It's most likely solenoid related, depending on how long it's been giving you trouble will depend on what else is hosed up. I had the same problem with a I bought truck about 8 yeas ago, the previous owner told me about it. I took it directly to my transmission guy and 1200.00 and 2 return trips to replace defective solenoids, it's running great.

It's most likely solenoid related, depending on how long it's been giving you trouble will depend on what else is hosed up. I had the same problem with a I bought truck about 8 yeas ago, the previous owner told me about it. I took it directly to my transmission guy and 1200.00 and 2 return trips to replace defective solenoids, it's running great.
Thank you. The solenoid possibly being the issue was suggested to me. Definitely will be a beginning point.

According to my trans guy, he suggested NOT putting new solenoids in it unless it's checked out internally. The two solenoids can get pretty pricy and if it's slipping it could toast the new solenoids if you try to drive it.

-
Back