Is there a difference between 71 and 74 disc brake components? looking to convert

-

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
just bought a 71 scamp with front drum. I have an entire disc brake setup from a 74 scamp? will it work just curious if there was any difference. was gonna use the kit on my 67 cuda but decided to go with an alterkation setup instead thanks!
shane

You would use the complete different brake system excluding the LCA. It will fit and bolt up if you want big bolt pattern. If you have a sway bar the calipers hwve to be moved to the rear with the bleeders on the top.

There is a difference. The early disk brakes where a 4 piston caliper small bolt pattern on the wheels.

The later 73 and later disk is a single piston caliper large bolt pattern on the wheels.

The later 73+ is a popular upgrade as it gives the big bolt pattern for wheels. In addition the ball joints and just about every other part is also cheaper for the 73 and later A body cars.

To do the swap you would need upper a arms with ball joints, spindles, lower ball joints, rotors, calipers, brake pads, and probably new brake lines.

I have the setup so I would move the calipers to the rear? So basically I would have to switch the spindles around to the opposite sides?

Zhandfull I think you misunderstoof I bought the 74 scamp stuff for the 67. I have the single calipers piston ucas lcas ball joints everything even the prop valve.

-
Back