Is there any value to these old parts other than scrap value ???

-

barracudajohn

Reaction score
My late father liked to save older Mopar and other makes engines, transmissions, rears, steering columns and other assorted parts. Does anyone have experience in selling this old stuff ? Is there a market for these old parts ? Or should I just haul them for scrap ? Flathead motors, 3 speed transmissions, etc. I would like to sell the entire lot if someone would have interest in buying it all. Not shown, but there are poly 318 heads. I guess if I have to have a price in the ad, I am asking 2000.00 for it all and I am open to offers on the lot.

P1280473.JPG

P1280474.JPG

P1280475.JPG

P1280476.JPG

P1280477.JPG

P1280478.JPG

P1280479.JPG

P1280480.JPG

P1280481.JPG

P1280482.JPG

all have value to the right person after he's taken them off your hands for next to nothing.
check the casting numbers on the center sections. there is one that is used one year that
has the largest bearings of all the center sections. I believe it's original application was a
60's model Canadian 318 car.

You are back East where there are a million of gear heads!!!!! population of 1 million people per square mile. Run ads in local Marketplace CL and ask about 20 cents on the dolar as to what you think they are worth. Remember your buyers are into old stuff and are old and cheap (like me).

Seriously there are people out there that would love some of that they stuff just aren't buying 426 hemi parts.

Is that an 833 four speed ?
Whitehall, PA
Is that the Whitehall in eastern PA or the Pittsburgh suburb ?

IMG_1160.jpeg

The one bell with 3 speed looks like a slant, so not all of it is all that old. I don't know much of anything about the pre--60's stuff

Google the parts/casting #'s and see what you can find. All those pieces have value of some sort

My late father liked to save older Mopar and other makes engines, transmissions, rears, steering columns and other assorted parts. Does anyone have experience in selling this old stuff ? Is there a market for these old parts ? Or should I just haul them for scrap ? Flathead motors, 3 speed transmissions, etc. I would like to sell the entire lot if someone would have interest in buying it all. Not shown, but there are poly 318 heads. I guess if I have to have a price in the ad, I am asking 2000.00 for it all and I am open to offers on the lot.

View attachment 1716109139

View attachment 1716109140

View attachment 1716109141

View attachment 1716109142

View attachment 1716109143

View attachment 1716109144

View attachment 1716109145

View attachment 1716109146

View attachment 1716109147

View attachment 1716109148
This isn't an ad so you don't need a price. Pretty much everything has value to someone but finding that particular person is the hard part. You may have those parts around for a long time before they leave your garage and you get a little cash in your pocket. Your choice.

Last edited:
Remember. Engines that you can't hear runs are CORES. Same with all mechanical stuff. I always like to unite people with parts they need and each party be happy. For instance, the poly 318 guys are a great group pf peeps but like all of us, they understand what stuff is worth and what it is not worth.
And like all us gear heads, we all love bargains WHEN we are buying!! And guys out of the fifties are in general, a different group of cats!
I always discount heavy stuff anyway!! I say, bring help top load,

all have value to the right person after he's taken them off your hands for next to nothing.
check the casting numbers on the center sections. there is one that is used one year that
has the largest bearings of all the center sections. I believe it's original application was a
60's model Canadian 318 car.
Would that be the 742 case ??

This is what it always boils down to.....the OP may have some value there, but keeping in mind he'd like a couple thousand dollars... how hard is he willing to work to earn that money??? And does he really need that money? He very well may have more than a couple thousand bucks there, but he may have to put forth a little labor to catalog and display what he has to the proper audiences...... or just toss the sh*t.

The one thing I'll state is don't scrap any of it. It's better to give it away than lose a part that will never be made again and could potentially be used by someone.

Trying to find someone to purchse the whole lot is a lot tougher to find than individual buyers that can actually use a specific part. If you take the time to take pics of each part, along with any relevant casting numbers and identifiers, and make a complete list of what is there, you might find one buyer to take it all. If nothing else, I'm sure you'll find buyers for individual parts but it will take a lot longer to liquidate. Just don't expect top tier $$$ from either, be willing to move the parts along, and you should unload them.

IMHO.

I would look to sell cheap or give it all away to the right person as a lot.

Just the removing of the parts is worth money that you don't have to spend.

There are people here who buy part lots, but as stated they are reselling so they can not pay "retail" to you.

I think I see a stove bolt Chevy in there. The right ones of those are worth something to some poeple.

This isn't an ad so you don't need a price. Pretty much everything has value to someone but finding that particular person is the hard part. You may have those parts around for a long time before they leave your garage and you get a little cash in your pocket. Your choice.
Shocked you didnt delete the thread.... I asked what something was called a few months and you deleted the thread saying it was a want post. Guess I did want information :realcrazy:

I would put it on multiple sites, such as H.A.M.B etc. I scrapped some stuff the last time I moved, and regretted it later. I can see Rat-Rodders wanting some of that stuff, (for cheap). At least think it through thoroughly.

The thing to do is separate it all and take individual pictures. If you're unwilling to do that, then don't expect "much".

Shocked you didnt delete the thread.... I asked what something was called a few months and you deleted the thread saying it was a want post. Guess I did want information :realcrazy:
No one has offered to buy yet here. If I see a thread that starts like a sale thread I usually warn the op and let it go until someone offers to buy then it's game on. I give wanted threads latatitude and also new members. You might not have read some posts that were deleted so it didn't make sense.

If you have any dana 60's, those sell pretty easy. Have to know what you have and go from there.

Your audience matters and getting it in front of them.

Selling one shot, expect no more than about scrap metal pricing.

Take everything to the scrap yard...
Take what you get and go live life...
Don't look back...

-
Back