Is this car worth 8000

-

TheCudaKid

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
this barracuda is a 1967 notchback with a clean title. All windows are good, Dashis good, no rust. seems pretty good. car starts and runs.

cons: gutted with no seats mystery engine build, mystery transmission. Completely dry rotted tires. been sitting for 2 years minimum.

how much is this car worth. should i buy it to drag race, have my fun. put some new parts and maybe paint, then sell for profit? is it a (good deal) what is something like this worth. I called the shop that supposedly built this engine, they said they don’t remember it.

IMG_1587.png

IMG_1586.png

IMG_1585.png

IMG_1584.png

IMG_1583.png

IMG_1582.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_1578.jpeg

if the body's not all rotted out (the front floors appear good), and it runs/drives, and the title isn't a mess it's probably worth that in parts as a kick around go fast machine.

it's mos def rickey-racer, and coming back from that to gen pop to sell is a tough row to hoe. and "race car" has a limited audience sale wise... i don't see a lot of meat on the bone once it's beautifed, either. unless you can do paint & body on the cheap and all, and i do mean ALL the trims is there and really, really nice.

good: appears to be a complete, not junked out car
bad: notch, "race car", no interior ($$'s)
indifferent: ford 9" with discs and whatever that 4 link situation is going on there, fenderwell headers, possibly pretty hot motor w/ trans

if the body's not all rotted out (the front floors appear good), and it runs/drives, and the title isn't a mess it's probably worth that in parts as a kick around go fast machine.

it's mos def rickey-racer, and coming back from that to gen pop to sell is a tough row to hoe. and "race car" has a limited audience sale wise... i don't see a lot of meat on the bone once it's beautifed, either. unless you can do paint & body on the cheap and all, and i do mean ALL the trims is there and really, really nice.

good: appears to be a complete, not junked out car
bad: notch, "race car", no interior ($$'s)
indifferent: ford 9" with discs and whatever that 4 link situation is going on there, fenderwell headers, possibly pretty hot motor w/ trans
thankyou. car looks like it could be really fun. definitely has had lots of money in it at one point. just always trying to make money lol.

Only consider buying it if you plan on racing it. Too much done to it already to try to resell as a street car.

thankyou. car looks like it could be really fun. definitely has had lots of money in it at one point. just always trying to make money lol.
if you wanted to play saturday night stop light eliminator, this would be the perfect car for that.

you'd probably be 10K or so into making it safe and driveable, but it'd still be pretty rough and tumble. fast and ugly doesn't command big money, or any money really.

conservatively, to make that presentable and attractive to a buying audience you'd likely be 20+ into it, which is about what that would sell for. maybe.

Maybe fun if not too fast drag car. Youre gonna spent time and $$$ making it safe and reliable. Id bet its been sitting for a lot more than 2 years.

I’m been hoarding parts buying them second hand when deal come around and I have probably that much in parts and the car is not even started on

If it honestly has no rust, it's worth more than 8K as a roller.

I've looked at that one on the interwebs myself. I Like the car, and it looks to have a possible W2 setup. Being they don't seem to know a lot about it and you don't know what you'd be getting into until you could tear into it, I'd be tempted to offer $6,500 and start from there. But being the car is under black primer, which is known for its ability to hide a great multitude of evils, I would go over the car pretty hard with a magnet or filler finder first.

Paid $500 for a clapped out fast back
$800 for a 360 904
$700 on a Dana 60
$100 for a hood
$200 for interior seats
$400 for drag lites wheels with 28/10.50/15
Still need front tires
$50.00 on trailer rental to bring it home
$200 on a used 850 double pumper
$200 on a used airgap
$1000 on odds and ends
Need radiator
Need brakes
Rust repair
Gas tank
At least 2k more in parts just to get it running

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

Paid $500 for a clapped out fast back
$800 for a 360 904
$700 on a Dana 60
$100 for a hood
$200 for interior seats
$400 for drag lites wheels with 28/10.50/15
Still need front tires
$50.00 on trailer rental to bring it home
$200 on a used 850 double pumper
$200 on a used airgap
$1000 on odds and ends
Need radiator
Need brakes
Rust repair
Gas tank
At least 2k more in parts just to get it running

View attachment 1716231618

View attachment 1716231619

View attachment 1716231620
I’m missing a lot of parts and prices but this just an idea of how quick things add up and I hunt for deals and hoard parts for years till I have what I need. So 8k for a runner is fair. I just get to look at parts thrown about the garage and dream of someday having a driver.

It's a 8k car in my area for sure.
****, I can't even find a car like that....I also couldn't afford to buy it anyways

If it’s a w2 motor that’s good deal. Hard to say needs to be investigated but does have a big old 1050cfm feeding tube it looks like and $450 dollar water pump. I’d want to pull a valve cover to see what it’s rocking for heads and valve train. That braced 83/4 with disk brakes and coil overs is a nice piece. **** this car maybe the bees knees

If it’s a w2 motor that’s good deal. Hard to say needs to be investigated but does have a big old 1050cfm feeding tube it looks like and $450 dollar water pump. I’d want to pull a valve cover to see what it’s rocking for heads and valve train. That braced 83/4 with disk brakes and coil overs is a nice piece. **** this car maybe the bees knees
Uh, that's a Ford nine inch. Better choice than an 8 3/4 for a race car anyway.

And I'd offer $7k for that car, happily.

You could not go race that bomb in good conscious without basically restoring all mechanical systems. The engine looks crusty like it has been outside for a long, long time. The fuel system will need to be freshened, tires replaced, expired belts swapped out and a set of real SFI racing buckets to replace the hipster captain chairs.

I would go 3k if it is clean body wise. 4k if it was a 68..

No disrespect, just one guy's opinion.

You could not go race that bomb in good conscious without basically restoring all mechanical systems. The engine looks crusty like it has been outside for a long, long time. The fuel system will need to be freshened, tires replaced, expired belts swapped out and a set of real SFI racing buckets to replace the hipster captain chairs.
This right here is why I’m at $6500 for a starting point, and only if the body checks out good. The trunk floor situation (let’s just go ahead and call it hackery!) leads me to believe that you’ll probably find more that’s not pictured in the car that’s going to need attention. Some of the work there reminds me of a race truck I’ve seen once that the chassis work was little more than tacked together and the booger welds were smoothed out with spot putty and tape before being painted over.

-
Back