Is/was there ever a 340 Magnum

-
The only cars that I can remember seeing with 340 magnum badging were the 73 cars. They needed some gimmick to sell them. Kim

For what it's worth our 71 dart has 340 magnum emblems on our 6pack scoop and I have 340 magnum emblems on my 71 duster on the side of my 68 hemi scoop. And I have the 71-74 B body pistol grip in both cars so had to have emblems to match

Magnum name was just marketing.

There was only a high performance 340. No economy version.
Just like only a high performance 426 Hemi.
The Only 2 Mopar engines sizes made in performance versions only. basically factory high performane only motors.

Cross rams, dual 4bbl and such were optional on other engines,

All other V-8's could be had in 2bbl and 4bbl versions.

Last edited:
It's been a long time ago, but in the early 70's, I remember seeing some cars with 340 MAGNUM on the hood. I don't remember which body styles they were, but there were some that had that badge on the hood. I want to say either Dusters or Demons, don't recall seeing it on other body types.

It's been a long time ago, but in the early 70's, I remember seeing some cars with 340 MAGNUM on the hood. I don't remember which body styles they were, but there were some that had that badge on the hood. I want to say either Dusters or Demons, don't recall seeing it on other body types.
3rd gen charger with bulge hood

I don't think "Magnum" was anything other than a 340 4 barrel Dodge. My point, not like the 383's that had a 2 barrel, a 4 barrel, and a Magnum 4 barrel engine with a bigger cam and a unsilenced air cleaner.

1728748962975.png

-
Back