Issue with brand new truck. Advice on how to proceed?

-
Repair was done by a mobile on-site paint repair/dent repair vendor. Repair is too expensive for their own body shop to do. Saw this at a GM dealer here on a deep scratch (down to the metal) on the liftgate of a Certified Equinox. The vendor sets up a tent over the vehicle and goes to work. Same problem, trying to blend in a repair on today's metallic paints takes a special touch. That might answer why the body shop has no record of a repair. And the repair is only as good as the guy and jobsite conditions allow. I knew a dealer who would job out all exhaust repairs/replacements without informing the customer. I was at the exhaust shop when the dealer called in a panic becuase the customer was coming for the car and it was still at the exhaust shop.

Oooook.. Love the way this dealer acts like they're doing me "favors"...
He told me that he would give me what I gave for the truck on a trade for another truck that he found. HOWEVER...

He said that I have to pay sticker, minus rebates, for the new truck if he gave me what I paid, OR he'd give me 29 or 30K for my truck if I take the supplier pricing. (which btw is also what I used on the original purchase, my company offers this thru Chrysler) He said he could run a better deal with one off his own lot, problem is that NONE of his are factory equipped they way I want, and they're all a year newer, which costs me taxes and insurance.

So either way he runs his numbers, I take a $3500 hit, because on paper, no work was ever done.

If, I'm going to do that, I might as well go to another Ford or GMC dealer and just do a deal there. This is such bull **** and corporate doesn't give a damn that it's happening.

Sorry you're getting such a runaround,
It's a huge hassle and pita,
If you don't mind me asking,
What are you going to do?
Obviously neithèr is ideal...
You could always keep trying to call and get it resolved,
Still could go the repaint route (?)

Sorry to hear that apparently under Fiat they are worse than Daimler was.My paint on my 01 was repaired and held up but it took some heated discussions

I say screw Mopar and go where you're treated best. They all make good ones and they all make the occasional crap. Chances are way on your side you'll get a good truck regardless of make.

that is crap-- tell them you will go find a vehicle of your choosing at another dealer & they can apply the $30 k to that purchase.
Wichita has plenty of dealers to choose from, although I've heard that Parks in Augusta & Lubbers in Cheney have great customer service.
Good Luck.

on another note this thread is out of control!!!
Lawrence

call this # 866-726-4636
Remember you get more flies with sugar than vinegar.
That don't work, let me know I'll find another # for you.
I have #'s for reps, may not be in your area, but he isn't going to want to have to deal with someone elses problem, he'll get you the right #.

Sorry to hear that apparently under Fiat they are worse than Daimler was.My paint on my 01 was repaired and held up but it took some heated discussions

I definitely would NOT say that if you went to a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in the early-mid 2000s all you would see is cash-back rebates being tagged on every "German Engineered" POS on the lot. Daimler really f***ed Chrysler hard and the company is still feeling the pain even today.

You look at the new technologies coming out, sharing of engineering knowledge between Fiat and Chrysler (BOTH ways), restructuring of dealer networks and policies, etc. etc. Chrysler may be far from perfect but it's still MILES ahead of what it used to be. You'll see it's only going to get better from here on out until something terrible happens which it always does to po' wittle Chrysler Corp lol.

FWIW last summer I helped my mom find a nice 2009 Chrysler 300C AWD (Hemi) and we got it at AutoNation Chrysler Jeep. It was hands-down the BEST car dealer experience I ever had; totally honest and to-the-point, the "salesmen" acted more like casual people who just wanted to show you cool cars and answer any questions you had.

call this # 866-726-4636
Remember you get more flies with sugar than vinegar.
That don't work, let me know I'll find another # for you.
I have #'s for reps, may not be in your area, but he isn't going to want to have to deal with someone elses problem, he'll get you the right #.

That's the number that I started with. They are the ones that assigned me a case number and a case worker, who STILL hasn't talked with me. I have talked to several of the other case managers, as well as several of the service repast that number. The dealer that originally sent the warranty request supposedly called the rep that he AND my dealer I bought from have. Guys name was rick, haven't heard from that guy yet either.

But I'd love to have another number to call into!

To be honest I think this whole deal is pretty stupid.. Fix the trunk yourself or deal with it... Sorry but it's a lot easier then dealing legally and you might not get anymore out of it JMO

Sounds like you have a lot of experience for a 13 yr old kid :happy1:

Another large factor for me is looks, I've never been a fan of the looks of the dodge trucks and prefer the looks of the ford, completely based on personal taste.[/QUOTE]

Another reason i only own Ford trucks..that and the fact every landscaper tree guy construction company i know has nothing but Fords in their fleet,along with every law enforcement agency too...[/QUOTE]

Not that a cheaper buy in on a mass deal with the local dealership has anything to do with it. :roll:

That's nice and all up where you're at. Please explain to me all the Chargers around here in police trim or the fact that I see all makes and models with the landscapers/"tree guys"/construction companies.

I have a question:

If that repair was done right and you never saw it would you still be feeling like this? After all, you said you wanted a truck that had no repairs done or is ignorance bliss in a case like this?

I've worked for four dealership body shops in my life. Some of the things we had to do in order to get a car on the lot after transporter damage would amaze you. Hell, some of the things we did getting cars that came back from auction would surprise the hell out of a lot of people.

Ever seen a five new 'Vettes show up on the lot with rail dust? Not pretty.

Ten brand new Corsicas with hail damage on all the flat surfaces.

A new GT500 coming off the transporter with the front spoiler bent in the air from hitting the ramps.

I don't even want to get into how the GT500 was repaired. I was working on the mechanical side when they first came out. Let's just say the body shop manager was (is, he's still doing body work) a complete idiot.

I guess I will be the one on the other side. If I went out and bought a NEW truck I expect a NEW truck. A NEW one is not one that has been damaged beyond the factory and half assed redone. Seeing how the dealer is a scumbag who is trying to get something over on you with a lie, I would take this as far as I could to include the BBB. As long as people sit back and let this stuff happen it will continue to do so.

And yes I believe 99.9998% of car dealers are crooks...Do accidents happen? Yea sure they do.. Do you be a human and not a scumbag and tell the buyer... Well yea!!!! Then it is up to the buyer to accept is or not.

I agree with what John Wayne once said, " I don't wrong other people, and I don't take being wronged>"

finding a dealer you trust and respect, anyone is lucky that has that. LOL

what's funny to see around here is the rancher that buys the $45,000 new truck, puts a $6000 hydraulic hay bed on it, the first day he takes it to the pasture, some ***** momma cow rams the side of it!! ( yes bashes it pretty good!)..... LOL

I agree. he should have been upfront, told the customer, and let him decide IOF he still wants the friggin truck!!

Another large factor for me is looks, I've never been a fan of the looks of the dodge trucks and prefer the looks of the ford, completely based on personal taste.

Another reason i only own Ford trucks..that and the fact every landscaper tree guy construction company i know has nothing but Fords in their fleet,along with every law enforcement agency too...[/QUOTE]

Not that a cheaper buy in on a mass deal with the local dealership has anything to do with it. :roll:

That's nice and all up where you're at. Please explain to me all the Chargers around here in police trim or the fact that I see all makes and models with the landscapers/"tree guys"/construction companies.[/QUOTE]

The chargers:D:D:D:D:D every cop i know complains about what a "piece of ****" they are they wish they had the crown vics back..

I guess I will be the one on the other side. If I went out and bought a NEW truck I expect a NEW truck. A NEW one is not one that has been damaged beyond the factory and half assed redone. Seeing how the dealer is a scumbag who is trying to get something over on you with a lie, I would take this as far as I could to include the BBB. As long as people sit back and let this stuff happen it will continue to do so.

And yes I believe 99.9998% of car dealers are crooks...Do accidents happen? Yea sure they do.. Do you be a human and not a scumbag and tell the buyer... Well yea!!!! Then it is up to the buyer to accept is or not.

Your absolutely RIGHT...you buy a NEW truck you want a NEW truck period!!!! i'm glad all you others would except a damaged truck me NEVER...i bet the guy wishes he bought the F150 now:D:D:D

Another reason i only own Ford trucks..that and the fact every landscaper tree guy construction company i know has nothing but Fords in their fleet,along with every law enforcement agency too...

That's nice and all up where you're at. Please explain to me all the Chargers around here in police trim or the fact that I see all makes and models with the landscapers/"tree guys"/construction companies.[/QUOTE]

The chargers:D:D:D:D:D every cop i know complains about what a "piece of ****" they are they wish they had the crown vics back..[/QUOTE]

And just about every cop around here likes the Chargers' better handling, better braking, and better acceleration.

As a former Ford tech overhauling the transmissions in the Vics, most of the troopers around here were fighting over who got to drive the Yukons.

Of course, I don't know why I bother. Reality is hardly your forte.

And just for the record, wanna know why I own two older Ford trucks? Because I'm (was) certified to worker on the new(er) junk. Not only that, but I can build the older ones to my liking, not what some dumbass in an office somewhere tells me what I should like.

Driving a Ferd you probably do......

it isn't common knowledge, but Ford took a bunch of money from the Gov't , and built a new Ford Factory in South America, courtesy of Obama. it was at the same time GM and Chrysler was taking the bailout.

Look it up. Ford is all B.S.

Of course its all good natured, I'm not looking to "convert" anyone ha and of course drive what you like, we all choose based on our experience.
The 6 cylinder cummins is a good motor, but my old màn's cummins and my ford 7.3 PSD equally loaded, my ford out pulls his cummins on the same grade hill, both stock and both with about the same mileage. granted I have to run more rpm's, and the cummins just chugs chugs slowly up the hill.
But dodge trucks even in 99 early 2000's still had issues with paint peel/rust, trans and dash cracking, so that trend continued after 94. But to make a confession I used to own a 72 power wagon that I adored, still miss it, but also owned a 75 ford hiboy that I loved equally and miss both.
Of course to be fair I think EVERY brand of truck has had trans issues either at some point in the near past or even currently.
I guess the cummins just never really "wowed" me like the 7.3 power stroke, I'd trust both to get the job done but I would choose the ford 7.3 PSD that's me.
As far as how the motors are rated, passenger car, heavy duty, blah blah, I don't care lol, fact is the most I ask from any of my rigs is to pull a car trailer or a hay trailer or a 4 horse slant trailer, etc
And pretty much any of the trucks out there can do that OR should I say they SHOULD be able to handle that, my needs aren't really that demanding, I'm not pulling some gigantic, massive oversized load.
As far as the rods and pistons, apples and oranges, you're comparing a 6 and 8 with a completely different layout so that's a mute point and irrelevant. Or should we compare 225 slanty rods and 340 rods? No.
Another large factor for me is looks, I've never been a fan of the looks of the dodge trucks and prefer the looks of the ford, completely based on personal taste.

I understand your view, in my case looks is zero. The truck works, or it doesn't. Pull a used Cummins out of a truck of any year and miles, and it will far exceed the value of any 7.3 ford for value. The Cummins doesn't have eight Injectors that go out whenever they want. And the 7'3 isn't any more, as compared to Cummins. The Power smoke as it is often referred to is history. Cummins is still here. That really is the end of the comparison.
Again, why are Ford's sitting at Cummins shops waiting for Cummins transplants? No answer yet.

it isn't common knowledge, but Ford took a bunch of money from the Gov't , and built a new Ford Factory in South America, courtesy of Obama. it was at the same time GM and Chrysler was taking the bailout.

Look it up. Ford is all B.S.

Ford also paid it all back BEFORE GM and Chrysler. Look it up. It's not bullshit.

I understand your view, in my case looks is zero. The truck works, or it doesn't. Pull a used Cummins out of a truck of any year and miles, and it will far exceed the value of any 7.3 ford for value. The Cummins doesn't have eight Injectors that go out whenever they want. And the 7'3 isn't any more, as compared to Cummins. The Power smoke as it is often referred to is history. Cummins is still here. That really is the end of the comparison.
Again, why are Ford's sitting at Cummins shops waiting for Cummins transplants? No answer yet.

Because the Cummins is a total badass with a history almost 100 years old. All the 6BT is, is a downsized version of the OTR truck engine.

That said, yall tout Cummins as if it's a Chrysler product. It's no more Chrysler than the PowerJoke is a Ford.

Ford also paid it all back BEFORE GM and Chrysler. Look it up. It's not bullshit.

it isn't that they paid it back. They used the money to start a new factory, including schools, and apartments,and day care centers for the Families of Employees. Do you see ford doing that here?
Then they build a factory that will build new Ford cars to ship back to the U.S. of course, with a much higher profit margin. $7.50 an hour line workers VS U.S. Salaries?

This is a good example of a Supposedly loyal patriotic American company that uses American taxpayers money to build Industry to compete against fellow Americans jobs.

Ford motor company cares nothing about American jobs. GM doesn't either. The head of design for GM is in Bejing. Fiat sucks too, they have no Interest in America, Only the Ram line.
When Daimler sold out, they conveniently kept a share of Ram Stock, knowing that was the primary profit stream to date.
Hard facts it is. Where do we go from here?

-
Back