Issue with brand new truck. Advice on how to proceed?

-
Ummmm......why should they "do it here" when they already HAVE it here? I see Ford expanding their sales to the global market and improving the other parts of the world at the same time. .....and you see that as a bad thing?

Much the same as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia, and many other foreign companies have spread to the US, Ford is doing the same from here. What exactly is wrong with an AMERICAN company making themselves stronger? Please step by step. I wanna know.

it isn't that they paid it back. They used the money to start a new factory, including schools, and apartments,and day care centers for the Families of Employees. Do you see ford doing that here?
Then they build a factory that will build new Ford cars to ship back to the U.S. of course, with a much higher profit margin. $7.50 an hour line workers VS U.S. Salaries?

This is a good example of a Supposedly loyal patriotic American company that uses American taxpayers money to build Industry to compete against fellow Americans jobs.

Ford motor company cares nothing about American jobs. GM doesn't either. The head of design for GM is in Bejing. Fiat sucks too, they have no Interest in America, Only the Ram line.
When Daimler sold out, they conveniently kept a share of Ram Stock, knowing that was the primary profit stream to date.
Hard facts it is. Where do we go from here?

Ummmm......why should they "do it here" when they already HAVE it here? I see Ford expanding their sales to the global market and improving the other parts of the world at the same time. .....and you see that as a bad thing?

Much the same as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia, and many other foreign companies have spread to the US, Ford is doing the same from here. What exactly is wrong with an AMERICAN company making themselves stronger? Please step by step. I wanna know.
I have an Issue when they intentionally built that plant to build cars to Import back to the U.S., not elsewhere. The cars they make there are arriving here. How many years before American plants are phased out, and all you get will be cars from there? (outside the country) They could have built that plant here, and many wanted them to.But, They were cheap self serving corporate types, like those that exist everywhere. The excuse at the time(2008) was the unions refused to allow the plant to be built in the U.S. My point is we can be brand loyal all we want(I'm not any more) but they aren't loyal to us. They think we are here to be manipulated to their benefit, and they are winning.
This isn't a ride on Ford solely, but on all the so-called American manufacturers. Ford is no more American anymore than Fiat or GM.

So what brand of anything is loyal to the consumer? All companies want is our money. Period. Been that way since the beginning of time.

So what brand of anything is loyal to the consumer? All companies want is our money. Period. Been that way since the beginning of time.
True, but it used to be the big three competed with each other to sell us cars, and They provided good jobs in return, and re-circulated money into the economy. Now, They want to sell us cars, reduce how many of us they employ, take our money, and take their profit to Invest in another country. Then they hide the profit in that country, to shield it from the U.S. Corporate tax rate. I say there should a 25% surtax on any American designed vehicle that is built in that country and sent back to us for resale. Fat chance of that though,,,,,,,,:

Show me where Chrysler and GM are not doing the same. Then you'll have an argument.

Show me where Chrysler and GM are not doing the same. Then you'll have an argument.
As I said, this isn't a ride on just Ford. It is just that Ford acts like they are all American in their publicity crap. But I agree all the manufacturers are doing it. As an old time car guy, from the 60's up, I resent the hell,out of it. I sold my 2010 Challenger because of it, and If I didn't need a diesel for work, I wouldn't own it either. No more new crap for me, I will knock around with the old stuff. There will never be a Fiat car here, if I have to put an overdrive in my 65' dart, so be it! Please don't misunderstand, I have to say I also owned and driven Fords. my favorite was my 69' Torino 390 GT. My friend owns it now, but I'm allowed to drive it whenever I want. I really do still love that car.

Oh I agree 100%, mopar is dead and gone, has been, the only thing keeping mopar alive is us and people like us.
And yes the power stroke is dead and gone also.
I did answer your question above fummins conversions, remember?
"...They're putting cummins in everything from rat rods to econoboxes and the cummins has been around forever so they're easier and cheaper to acquire..." Plus if I wanted another brand new 7.3 PSD motor, I'd be SOL, I'd be better off rebuilding mine.
Fact is ALL the diesels have their downfalls INCLUDING THE CUMMINS. So call the power stroke whatever you wish.
As far as the injectors,
Let's use common sense, while I agree the GP, GPR, injectors could be potential issues, it all comes down to knowing your vehicle.
Just as we know the weak point on the mopar a body wiring harness'.
Besides A simple pop tester tells about your injectors, fighting stiction in ALL diesels is key.
Certainly injectors aren't JUST a ford deal though Fummins Is included BUT even worse, would you rather have the potential cracked block on the 5.9 Fummins or wiped cam lobes or faulty fuel shut off relay so you can't shut off the truck (installing a lawn mower choke cable works cause cummins want $300 for a little tiny electric motor) or the injector pump timing or how about the dreaded "dowel pin" of death in the frt cover?
I'll take the injectors please.
They ALL have inherent weakness'.
A simple multimeter keeps you up to date on the condition of your GP/GPR.
Just as with everything know your vehicle.
Whether it's Fummins, power stroke, idi, dura max etc. Etc
As far as Fummins being a Chrysler product-nope.
You can get a Nissan with a Fummins.

The excuse at the time(2008) was the unions refused to allow the plant to be built in the U.S. .

I can't believe this statement.

When would a union not want a new plant to be built "in their territory"????

Usually it's the upper management at the car companies that are trying to bust the unions, so they can push the workers around and take advantage of them.... :finga:

I agree. he should have been upfront, told the customer, and let him decide IOF he still wants the friggin truck!!

But then they may not be able to take his money....

If they lie to you, they get to take your money and not give it back....

You wouldn't want them to miss out on all that money do you????

After the heat of the moment has died down, many new cars come in damaged, and they get fixed without the Buyers knowledge. it is a fact of life. in your case you saw it, but it happens all the time. it is your choice to pursue the issue. Every brand and model.

That does not make it right. A new car should be without blemish, certainly for what you pay for them. A guarantee if you went to trade a new car that had been wrecked without your knowledge they would stick it to you again.

GM used to send the local high school Vo Tech ones that had gotten damaged in transport. When my brother was there they had a 96 Camaro RS, that had been side swiped by a recap blowing off the transport. GM took the airbags out, and sent it to the school. The boys line locked it so much in the parking lot, that they literally burned the rear tires off it.

GM used to send the local high school Vo Tech ones that had gotten damaged in transport.

I've seen all the big three do it. The voce school I went to had a K1500 and a '76 Volare Duster, both donated by the dealers because the transporter damage was too much to be sold as a "new" car.

In defense of the dealerships fixing new cars with touch up or small dent repair, if they didn't I'd say about 25% would be a write off. That's a lot of new cars just sitting. I have known dealerships around here to mark money off and run "scratch and dent specials" on occasion.

When you ship by rail and open trailers things are going to happen.

And "fixing" is nothing new. I've got a '69 Firebird convertible I'm sitting on. Original console car, according the original owner. I got the interior out and it looked like someone took a hatch to the floorboards to install the console. Her dad used to own a Pontiac dealership. What her brother informed me is that "forgotten ad on's" - in this case, the console - that didn't get put in on the assembly line were shipped to an out building next to the plant where things would be added.

The original owner had no clue her floorboard looked like this as the console had never been out of the car. Quality in workmanship issues are nothing new.

A stone chip touched up isn't as big a deal as it's made out to be. It's the unseen things that are a bigger deal.

As I've said, I've been in the dealerships on the body and mechanical side. A stone chip touch up is the least of issues. When cars are rolling off the transporter right into the bays to have recalls done, that's an issue. These cars and trucks are being recalled between the plant and the dealership and the owners are unaware of it unless they do the research.

Welds that haven't welded anything on the F250's and 350's coming out of the Kentucky plant. The seat backs weren't welded to the brackets that meet the seat bottom. The recall was to install a small muffler clamp to keep the backs and the brackets together. How many owners do you think are completely unaware of this "fix?" Yet there are thousands of truck owners out there, blissfully unaware. Right? I'll let you decide. I'm just saying there are a lot worse things going on to these vehicles before the owner even buys it.

Well after no help from corporate, the dealer that I bought from, NOR the dealer that originally had the truck, the Chrysler rep for the region, or maybe it was district, or the dealers GM's, I traded the Ram off on Monday. I took a serious bath in the trade, but I wasn't willing to be forced into a higher end Ram just to be able to get the supplier pricing and what I gave for the truck just so the dealer could yet again make money off me, and I would STILL have shitty service each and every time I would have possibly needed to make a mechanical warranty claim.

It really sucks that this happened, I had my heart back into MOPAR with the Ram and was planning on purchasing a Durango or Charger for the lady in the 2-4 year range. I thought it would be really great to tow the Valiant to the track with another Mopar product. BUT, Chrysler has their heads SO FAR up their asses that they lost my business for good.

It was an expensive way to learn that Davis-Moore DCJR in Wichita, Ks doesn't think that treating their paying customers deserve more respect and service that an *** kissing sale, and a stone cold slap to the face when presented with an issue like this.

On a side note: My friend that recommended the salesman (Brandon Fewin) is also having troubles getting service. He's cancelled picking up the vehicle that they bought from him 2 or 3 different times to take it into the shop for them to fix a few things that is in writing that they would fix. Goes to show the level of dealership this is...

So lets see what you got, Buckwheat.

Really sorry to hear, it sucks anytime this happens, with any brand.
I'm curious what you ended up with also-
Pics please

not good , did you happen to call the owner of the group-- Dawson G-- with all his feel good ads- I would be publicly mentioning the service of his company-- you do not have to be negative just the facts-- actually I would be calling the local tv stations (kake on your side comes to mind) --they love to put these issues on the news. Good Luck, Lawrence

I did what I didn't plan on doing before even beginning to look for a new ride 6 months ago, I went all in... lol.

Picked up a 2014 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Ingot Silver Metallic. Just about all the bells and whistles that were available, that I KNOW I don't need, but bought.
Some projects are put on hold for the extra cash to pay this one down to the dollar amount I was at with the Ram. Only Picture I have is of it at the dealer, I'll link to the dealers site if they still have it up on the site.

EDIT: It's no longer listed on their site, BUT this one is pretty much identical, It's listed a few hundred more than the one I chose, and doesn't have the spray in liner. Dunno what's up with all that, but it's close enough for yall to perve over.

http://www.rustyeckford.com/auto/new-2014-ford-f150-fx4-wichita-67207-ks/2735740/

They are really pretty trucks!
But I like the looks better than the rams looks, just personal taste.

not good , did you happen to call the owner of the group-- Dawson G-- with all his feel good ads- I would be publicly mentioning the service of his company-- you do not have to be negative just the facts-- actually I would be calling the local tv stations (kake on your side comes to mind) --they love to put these issues on the news. Good Luck, Lawrence

I actually met Dawson while I was in there one of the times before making the buy and that arrogant prick couldn't be bothered by even speaking hello, just a two finger wave and a smug nod. Guess that was red flag number one that I didn't pay needed attention to. :banghead:

I'm thinking maybe a sticker for my back window to see if people will be curious enough to ask me what the deal was. Nothing obnoxious, just something to tell them DM was worthless, and who the circus leaders were. I dunno, I'm definitely not done with them, that's for sure. I'm not one to just concede and disappear. I'm lucky enough to have every other week off work and have found a daycare for my boy so I'll have AMPLE time to really put them into higher blood pressure.

They are really pretty trucks!
But I like the looks better than the rams looks, just personal taste.

The F150 was second choice for me, but I do like the looks and feel of the truck in the VERY few miles I've driven it. I absolutely love the style of the Rams, the looks are tough and sporty.

But the Ford, with a set of rims and meaty tires is just plain sick. I'll have some new rims/tires next year, maybe this if I can keep my composure with the mod bugs.

The F150 was second choice for me, but I do like the looks and feel of the truck in the VERY few miles I've driven it. I absolutely love the style of the Rams, the looks are tough and sporty.

But the Ford, with a set of rims and meaty tires is just plain sick. I'll have some new rims/tires next year, maybe this if I can keep my composure with the mod bugs.

Yeah right, keeping the "mod bug in-check" lol I wish you luck with that one.
Since when can any of us leave anything alone? Ha
Wheels, tires, lift, exhaust...just to name the first 4...

You should link the dealer this thread. Tell them we are over 30K strong in membership.

It still needs to go in for the delivery detail and "Sync training" since I bought it late in the evening on the 16th and momma was already pissy that the deal took me all day, plus I still had to pack for work this week.

I linked into another truck just like it in Post #141

-
Back