It took you long enough.........

-

tubtar

Reaction score
Finally !
A trip to the alignment shop , a good wash and it will be time to sort out the launch and determine if it wants to behave in public.
I have nearly six years of scrimping , saving , swearing and sorting.
O.K. , two years were stolen by forces beyond my control , but I have been waiting for this day for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
[ame]http://youtu.be/6FjoI-cNx5Y[/ame]

Next vid will be letting her eat. :D

Awesome!!! Can't wait to reach that point with mine again lol

Got a 420 intake laying around?

Sorry......no.
If I go through this one in the future , I would consider something in sheet metal.
So I'd better start saving. :D

Mines not tuff enough for sheet metal, not sure if I'll ever take this one that far, probably just port the 598 or mill down the 772 and toss my plate on it.

I do not remember the combo of your motor, could you tell me about it please,
I am gathering parts to build a 59 degree W9 motor for my dart.

I do not remember the combo of your motor, could you tell me about it please,
I am gathering parts to build a 59 degree W9 motor for my dart.

I've got CNC ported W9 heads for sale that Brett Miller did if you're looking

Darryls knee deep in parts.... just has to get some odds and ends and screw it together I do believe....:)

More picts of the car John!!! congrats on making some noise!

This is a 48 degree tall deck / wet sump motor.
W-9's done by Brian at R&R , a local who does very nice work.
Porting was done with mid lift in mind and is not a balls out deal.
349 cfm @ .600 lift on the intake , 250 on the exhaust.
BRC billet crank , Crower rods , 4.125 X 3.79 , Bullet cam and Crane ultra pro rockers , 1.6.
Stick is 260 & 268 degrees @ .050 , lift is .668 lift on both.
12.85:1 with JE pistons , Stef's pan and accusump , home made headers - 1 7/8" X 35 " primaries with 3 1/2 " collectors.
It is corn fed , with an 850 by Quickfuel
Low 1st gear 904 , 4800 vert by Ultimate , 3.91's and spool in a braced 8 3/4. 742 case and billet cap. hung on SS leafs moved into the rails. 295 - 55 / 15 Mickeys , full cage , AlterKtion front end.
I think there is probably more , but I have been picking on it for so long that I forget what I did that long ago. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2936.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 235
  • cutting 028.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 231
  • cutting 025.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 230
  • cutting 034.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 242
Darryls knee deep in parts.... just has to get some odds and ends and screw it together I do believe....:)

More picts of the car John!!! congrats on making some noise!

I still have a good number of parts to order and all the machine work still needs to be done, plus up grades to the car and trans.

Thanks tubtar for the photos and info on your build.
A 48 degree motor would be the best way to go.

if you're considering belt drive Darryl I have a motor plate tubtar sent me for some ideas. I can get it over your way I'm sure.

If you're going with traditional timing chain Tom over in Lake Havasu has a couple old Nascar engine plates too.

Grove Creek still alive and kicking?

Grove Creek was our home track for about ten years last time around , and it is a decent eighth mile. I will be looking to shake it down there most likely.
Then Rock Falls or Cedar Falls probably.
I should check out Sabin.......I have never been there , but know a few guys who get there occasionally.
BIR would be cool for a show and go or muscle car deal , but probably not this year.
Most of their events are so crowded that it would be more for a social hour than real race for me.
If we do decide to start chasing points again , Grove Creek would be my first choice.
Lots of friends and easier on parts. :D

Sabin will run on Sept 20-21 I will be there on the 21 cause I have to work Sat. so maybe I will see you there.

-
Back