It's a sickness....

-
2wd Dakota chassis with a 5.2 magnum and automatic would be an excellent choice, I think.

I've got time on this one.. I'm going to research this one and try to get the easiest donor.

Nice looking truck

Chevy S10 is the easiest. I'm pretty sure the wheelbase is correct as well. My buddy is big into the 47-52 Chevy/GMC and that's what he uses when he builds one. Looks like you found a nice solid shell to start with. That'll make the project move along much nicer.

I have a similar "sickness", lol. Have 2 trucks waiting after the Dart is done to be built. One for the wife and one is mine (now...was hers until she spotted the older one and wanted it more..lol). They are a 51 international and a 49 international. Different than what most go for which is what we like about them.

Some dents tapped out2.jpg

tires filled.jpg

Nice looking truck

Chevy S10 is the easiest. I'm pretty sure the wheelbase is correct as well. My buddy is big into the 47-52 Chevy/GMC and that's what he uses when he builds one. Looks like you found a nice solid shell to start with. That'll make the project move along much nicer.

I have a similar "sickness", lol. Have 2 trucks waiting after the Dart is done to be built. One for the wife and one is mine (now...was hers until she spotted the older one and wanted it more..lol). They are a 51 international and a 49 international. Different than what most go for which is what we like about them.

View attachment 1715999918

View attachment 1715999920
Those look really good!..:thumbsup:

Nice looking truck

I was talking to my buddy and he confirmed the s10 extended cab frame is the correct length for the late 40 early 50 Chevy/GM trucks.

We went to a place local here called "old car parts" and introduce yourselves and did some research and development....
I took apart the bed and running boards and today we're going to wire wheel, power wash, and treat the parts using Xion labs rust reformer/primer...

-
Back