Its summer and your ride is on jack stand

-
I'm waiting on a custom sway bar from hellwig, and I need an alignment, but can't drive it to get it aligned because I don't have anything to shift with! LOL...My floor shifter isn't installed yet...And in order to install the floor shifter, I have to dive it to my buddy's shop so he can help me...But I can't drive it to his shop cuz I need an alignment!!!! DAMMIT! I'm like a dog chasing my tail!!!

I know how you guys feel, 67 barracuda wasn't on jack stands but had to be parked 3 weeks after I bought it in january due to the wiring going bad and almost having a complete melt down. I ordered all wiring harnesses right away from Year One but 1 of them was on back order and kept getting pushed back every time I called until May 10th. May 18th I was able to completely re-wire the car with the help of a really awesome guy I met at my Mopar Club who has a 67 barracuda too. It's back on the road for a couple days now and all is well, just in time for the season. I forgot how nice it was to drive!!!! Now if I can just get the fuel gauge to work..... If it wasn't for the club member that helped me my car would still be sidelined until who knows when! Thanks again you know who you are!!!!

Not jackstands but close enough. Repainting the engine compartment and engine. Putting new valve covers on, new timing chain and gears, oil pump, carb and intake etc. Also putting my other better condition grille and front bumper on. Hoping to have it road worthy but June 19th for my graduation (prom).

135.jpg

040.jpg

136.jpg

Heres how she sat last summer:

100_2470.jpg

Shes on the road ready fr this summer :cheers:

Should be up on jacks for a weekend tops to swap the 8 3/4 and swaybars in. i wonder if the puny 2barrel 318 can smoke both tires.... oh and if i win that 408 stroker at mopar carlisle it will be off the road for a day or two XD

There is no way I could have my ride not running all season. Unless I had another hot ride to enjoy.

It be 2 months next week. For sure it better not drag on for 3 months. It should not. The question is how much is it going to cost me? I am praying this crankshaft will work out...still waiting for the shop to receive it.

At least you're still in the process of teardown. Mine got rolled off the patio (using it as a carport over the winter) and into the garage. Been too busy tearing down that '57 finned car to come home and want to teardown my own. This weekend? Already booked. Next week? Don't know yet. Already told the wife leave me alone for a weekend so I can start teardown!

I hear ya! I tell my wife I'll be in the garage and I get "the look". :angry4:

Mines in pieces, literally on jack stands. Started to do some upgrades and couldn't leave well enough alone. Guess I could and probably should put it back together as is and drive it. I haven't had a driver for a while though, my projects don't run for decades at a time.

Some of you guys are lucky!8)

All of my projects have been on hold for a long time. Self employed in the construction industry. And we all know how this economy is! It's not looking like I will get to make any progress on them, again, this year. :sad11:

still waiting for bits and pieces. Got my shocks today.
Good lookin' 8 3/4 there Vartman. It's great to get a package in the mail so you can get one step closer. I'm waiting for rocker adjusting nuts and some paint. I'm glad I uploaded this photo. I put my iol filter adapter on facing foreward. Duh! Mike

engine 061.jpg

Yeah $$ or the lack of time is most of our problems. Me, 5 years ago I would had just went with a 408 stroke short block. But how I tend to wind out the motor and being I like staying with traffic at 75+ mph with3.91 gears and no overdrive thought it should have forged pistons-maybe the crank also. Meant to do it right it be $4,500. Doing this 340 short block--had to buy a motor first for $600--should be around $2,700, and that be with better H bearings and a new crane cam and Mopar lifters from ebay.

I didn't do anything today in my engine bay b ut the shop got the crankshaft in. Guy sounded very happy but said they didn't open the box yet--I think hes a bit tick for me dragging to get the pistons but hey I want to be sure first which crank I am getting. If I had to come up with $700 for a China forged crank, it might well been the 4 inch stroke, lol

There`s a guy in our local Mopar club that has had a hemi just waiting for a "real vintage hemi car" to come along. A couple months ago he found it, a real 68 GTX, hemi, 4spd. car, and although it`s nothing to look at he dropped the hemi in and said "I`m driving this summer and painting this winter". I couldn`t agree more with him. :burnout:

It's not summer yet and mines in the paint shop! it's amazing to see all the little dings and dents they find under that black primer.

0523101603a.jpg

0523101605b.jpg

0523101603b.jpg

0523101603c.jpg

0523101604a.jpg

0523101604b.jpg

0523101604c.jpg

0523101605a.jpg

Btw. anyone no where to get the Go-wing bracket/ plates that go on the under side of the decklid?

Well I bought some new carpet for the car, pulled the old assuming I had a nice floor pan, and come to find out I had this

63f15a76.jpg

So figured might as well do everything that she needs since I shouldn't just carpet over the rust, and welp, pulled the motor to get started. So now I just need to.....
Weld Floorpan
Paint Floorpan
Install Shiftkit
Install Shifter
Pressure Wash engine bay/motor
Paint engine bay/motor
Install Cam/Valvesprings
VHT headers
Install new headers
Install 2.5 In exhaust
Re install Carpet
Res install interior
Install Tranny Cooler

yeah, and im sure theres stuff im missing.... Great idea lol, I hope my 4 day weekend coming up I get to knock out a bunch, but I live in houston so at least I can drive it year round :toothy7:

Just came off the stands last week and have been driving it all weekend working out the bugs.

000_2070.jpg

I got mine running and driving(66 Dart 410/904)then poof!No gears in the tranny,which was just redone for racing?WTF?Guess it,s coming back out to be looked at and should have it back in by the end of the week.Dam holdups!Glad I have 2 cars.

well mine is on jack stands awaiting for engine break in, which i hope to do soon. then if all goes well i'll be smiling for the next few months while driving it.

-
Back