J heads, magnum manifolds

-

des69mopar

Reaction score
Thinking about using 360 magnum manifolds on a la360 & a set of j heads. Anything to consider besides the trans dipstick?

96/97/98 Jeep Grand Cherokee passengers manifold will have the most flow and also work with the factory trans dip stick. Driver's side will not work at all.

IIRC you have to use the Magnum bolts into the heads' water jackets. Can't use studs here because of the Manifolds beefier construction and clearance issues. I also recommend using Remflex gaskets. (I "planed" the manifold faces with a file beforehand.) I've always had an exhaust leak in the back that I have yet to address (92/93 Magnum exhaust manifolds with Fel-pro gaskets on a 340 x-head in a '73 Satellite). FWIW the D/S Magnum manifold kisses the PS box on the b-body.

96/97/98 Jeep Grand Cherokee passengers manifold will have the most flow and also work with the factory trans dip stick. Driver's side will not work at all.
Any magnum
IIRC you have to use the Magnum bolts into the heads' water jackets. Can't use studs here because of the Manifolds beefier construction and clearance issues. I also recommend using Remflex gaskets. (I "planed" the manifold faces with a file beforehand.) I've always had an exhaust leak in the back that I have yet to address (92/93 Magnum exhaust manifolds with Fel-pro gaskets on a 340 x-head in a '73 Satellite). FWIW the D/S Magnum manifold kisses the PS box on the b-body.
Its going in a D100 wont have the clearance issues

Do you know the size of the bolts? I know its 5/16, not sure of the length

Do you know the size of the bolts? I know its 5/16, not sure of the length

I did mine way back in '95. At the time, i ordered the factory fasteners rightt out of parts book as I worked at the dealership. I'm pretty certain you can now get em aftermarket now.

BTW by studs, I meant the LA ones typically found there. That was my situation. YMMV.

-
Back