JC Penney Lifetime battery.

-
It shows that the JC Penney battery lived its life in the trunk away from the under hood heat which helped it live. Plus, the underhood battery is empty and as such, lasts a lifetime as well. :):) I special ordered it with no lead so it looks correct but never has to be changed. Thanks for noticing it all! :)

They used to offer Lifetime at Canadian Tire, on the battery called the "Eliminator" . They still offer the Eliminator but no more lifetime lol
I still have one I bought in 1979 for the Bee. It killed a battery about every 3 years. Think I've swapped it about 7 times and have a dead one to take in again when I find some time to play with the counter jockeys. They have to give you a new one for free.. I still have the original bill.

I don't understand post # 22. What does an empty (dummy) "MOPAR" branded battery have to do with JCP
I think he is saying by mounting it in the trunk less heat and vibration makes battery last longer.

Personally I have never had ANY battery last more than 5 or so years. But they were all in daily driver's, not garage queens.:rolleyes:

Just had to get a new one finally today from Firestone. Original one lasted from 1979 till 1995, next one from 95 till 2003 or so, next one from 03 till 2010 and this one from 2010 till 2021. Glad I bought that battery![/QUOTE
Where are JC PENNYS ?
We dont have any in GA anymore

Dana, for sure, queens are not hard on battery but mine is even worse. It is more like an Emperor. It sits in an AC and heated garage under a good cover and has an attached charger maybe twice a year.

Just a battery related tip.

I was in the parts racket for about 15 years. I was really having a lot of battery warranty issues about seven years back. I found that for hot rods,jeeps, tractors,off road or just anything that they will fit in. Marine batteries last significantly longer and are cheaper.

The OEM battery in my 04 Sebring lasted 10 years before I swapped it out. It was still doing well but with it being in the wheel well and a pain to get to I decided to swap it out while doing some suspension work. Bought another one from the dealer since that one lasted and it is still going strong 7 years later. They were even having a sale on them and cheaper than anywhere else

I'm on year 12 of an Optima, I'm waiting for it to need a replacement soon. Too bad they don't still offer warranties like this.

Advanced Auto gave me a 2 year warranty on wiper blades. He said just bring them in and say they leave streaks and I'll get a free set. It's only good 1 time, but at $26 a blade, at least I'll save a good amount of money. (I bought for multiple cars at the time)

-
Back