Jegs roll bar

-

noprep dart

Reaction score
hi, I was curious if any of you guys have used the jegs 8 pt roll bar kit for a bodies, and if it fit decently at all

I used it but did not like the rear support bars, jeg's bars go to the shock area...I wanted the bars to go further back in the trunk area....

Outside of that it fit ......

The last roll bar I installed was a Competition Engineering and they had the longer rear supports.

I used the competition engineering (moroso) from summit for my 73 Duster and was very happy with the results. Plenty of extra Material leftover actually. The main hoop fit in without any Modification

The other difference between the jegs and CE I remember is the main hoop cross brace ..Jegs is 1/2 inch and the CE is 1 3/4 inch and the kicker bars were like that also...

1/2 is legal on the main hoop cross brace.

The other difference between the jegs and CE I remember is the main hoop cross brace ..Jegs is 1/2 inch and the CE is 1 3/4 inch and the kicker bars were like that also...

1/2 is legal on the main hoop cross brace.
I used the kit in a 64 dart ..........very happy with it.... I used the 1\2 bar under the dash to the j bars...bought 1 3/4 for cross bar.........works in early As.....................

Thanks for the reply's. I'll be putting it in a 74 swinger . Does anyone have pics of it installed?

I put one in a 71 swinger but took two pictures which does not show jackdookie....these pictures are from a 71 Duster using the CE 8 point roll bar...I did a few thing different ..basically did not weld the bars to plates on the floor..I installed a 1 3/4 bar across the rear and tied the rear supports to it from the main hoop...plus I added kicker bars to the frame rail to tie the hoop to it and tied the small hoop support bars to the 2 x 3 square tubing the ties the frames together..the front supports are welded to plates on the floor. Plus I tubbed the car at the same time.....pictures ........

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

couple more..can not leave that big hole in floor..and then i put ladder bars on the car...with DA shocks..

IMG_1047.JPG

-
Back