Jegs

-
Loyal Summit guy here. They always tell me which is closer and which way will be quickest. Course now they are only about 6omiles away so that helps. You just cannot beat Summit's customer service. Jegs blows chunks.

You just cannot beat Summit's customer service.

I would agree, I bought a trans temp gauge from them and the sending unit was bad. I called them and I had a complete new one at my house the next day.

They told me to pull the sending unit out, put the bad one in with a note, and slap the return label on it and send it back. Lee got here, I opened the box made the switch, put the label on and handed it right back to him. Installed the gauge and was good to go.

ALL at no extra charge. Pretty stand up in my book. Most companies would make you buy a new one and credit you when they got the defective item back.

I have ordered some stuff from Jegs and not had any issues, but the shipping snafu concerns me.

Yeah, I didn't care too much about having to buy another set of bearings for $65.00 and have to send them back when they arrive to be credited back to me either but when you are in a bind and have a car up in the air and cannot move it for a week, they have you in a bad situation. BUT, I can also see where they are coming from. What is to say if I was a crooked guy that I would keep the second set of bearings and not send them back. So I don't mind doing it that way this time.

I ordered 2 Iwata paint guns yesterday from Summit and they are on the truck out for delivery today. I just like Summit better. I checked on the status of the first set of bearings and they are still in Cleveland. go figure.

Well, they still have your card info, if they weren't to get it back, they could bill you.

But, I also understand where companies are at with it. I have just bought so much from Summit that I'm sure they felt confident in doing what they did. And nothings, changed, I don't move around, same banking info etc.

you not on the road today

Nope, I have been home since last Wed. night. Been working on getting the wife's car ready to drive. It needed floor pans, and a couple of other odds and ends. Got the pans in, seams sealed and today paint them and try and get the interior back in it.

73 Mercury Comet, she had one in high school and wanted another one. I found it behind a barn about 2 miles from the house, it was in a movie as a prop that was filmed in Detroit a couple of years ago, called "Kill the Irishman". Check it out if you get a chance.

Attachments

• Arrival 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 119
So here a question for you guys
I have been shipping my parts via canadapost which once it crosses the border USPS takes over.
Should i change my shipping method ?
Is USPS getting bad to ship with?
Someone said you cant track it that well on USPS when i log on i can see where it roughly is .
Sorry just want to make sure my products make it to you guys and you are all happy.
Jason

For the most part, we get our packages, once in a while one gets lost, but it's the frustration of watching it bounce all over the country and taking longer to get to us than it should.

Tracking is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, other times you get the package and the tracking shows it still at the point of origin.

What I don't get is you order a SMALL part and it comes in a 4ftx4ft box?????? What the hell is that?????????? Jegs is notorious for this its incredible--Steve

and remember second day air is NOT second day air,It's always the third business day so don't pay for the quicker delivery, at least in Wisconsin this happens,I always call and complain and they eat the up-charge. -Steve

What I don't get is you order a SMALL part and it comes in a 4ftx4ft box?????? What the hell is that?????????? Jegs is notorious for this its incredible--Steve

Summit does it too, as do a lot of companies. I ordered a tach a couple of years ago and when the UPS guy got here he brought out a box that was at least 18" by 18" by 18", I thought, WTH.

Yeah, I didn't care too much about having to buy another set of bearings for $65.00 and have to send them back when they arrive to be credited back to me either but when you are in a bind and have a car up in the air and cannot move it for a week, they have you in a bad situation. BUT, I can also see where they are coming from. What is to say if I was a crooked guy that I would keep the second set of bearings and not send them back. So I don't mind doing it that way this time.

Are they there yet?

So here a question for you guys
I have been shipping my parts via canadapost which once it crosses the border USPS takes over.
Should i change my shipping method ?
Is USPS getting bad to ship with?
Someone said you cant track it that well on USPS when i log on i can see where it roughly is .
Sorry just want to make sure my products make it to you guys and you are all happy.
Jason

Shipping to/from Canada is probably still best done through the post office due to the brokerage fees, at least to Canada!!! Geof

UPDATE: I got up this morning and checked on the first shipment of bearings. at 8:00 am, the tracking # said they were still in Cleveland, Ohio. So I figured they would probably arrive on Monday. I talked to the girl at the post office yesterday and she told me she would keep an eye out for it and call me if it came in. at 8:15 am. today , UPS delivered the paint guns I bought from Summit yesterday. Right on time. At 8:30 am, I get a call from Bev at the post office telling me that the box from Jegs is there. At 10:am, FedEx is delivering the overnight box with the second set of bearings that was to be here by noon from Jegs. I jump in the truck and take the bearings down to the shop and in an hour, I have them pressed on and back home. On the way home I get a call from the ops mgr. from Jegs wanting to know if I received the bearings by noon. I stopped at the post office and sent the box " return to sender ". So you cannot really track packages via USPS accurately. A package cannot be in Dry Ridge, Ky physically and show being in Cleveland, Ohio at the same time 300 miles apart especially when the item had to go only 150 miles to begin with. All I care about is getting my rearend back together today and move on. I am putting new brakes and drums on the while its down also. If you order from Jegs, make sure you ask about the shipping methods.

-
Back