Jerico Trans

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I'm looking for some info on Jerico transmissions. I am going to have to upgrade from the Hemi 4 speed to something stronger and was looking at the DR-4. How are the Jericos on the street and how much power can they handle at the race track? I don't think the clutcheless type is the way to go for me but I'm open to hear opinions.

I am going with the Lenco 1200. I like that it has a nuetral and is streetable. Dont know much Jerico but I think it cost more and has to be clutch in for nutural.

hi, the jerico is a good trans, it will handle power. its a pro shift trans, no syncros. you'll have to double clutch on street. it's not bad as it sounds. used ones usually are found on racing junk. new ones are about $5000. it does have a neutral , just like any trans does!!!!
don't go clutchless, you have to hold them in gear or they will pop out. clutch type trans, will not do that. the teeth are cut at 3 deg angle , will not pull out of gear under power. I tested mine. I like mine lots. it shifts very good. I use the clutch to get it out of gear, it will go into gear with out it!! I made my clutch a toe tapper. I have the long shifter on mine, its a vertical gate, straight line. very good well made shifter.

Would my McLeod Rxt twin disc clutch work with the Jerico? I am already using a QuickTime bell and from what I read that will work fine. Can you just keep it matted at the track and just push and pull?

hi, yes you have to use clutch to shift it. it shifts very fast. I figure , I picked up a bout a tenth over the mopar trans. it's made to be power shifted at wide open throttle.

That's what I'm looking for. Do they have a hp rating on them? And will I be able to still use my current clutch?

you can use your clutch, jerico has a base line pressure to stay under. I think its 1200#. call jerico up. it'll handle your car, 9 sec stockers and super stockers use jerico.

I was just curious as to the hp rating because the new motor is almost done and it should be around 900-1000hp. The car is not very light at about 3,600lbs with me in it.

The WarFish super stock/A hemi Cuda runs a Jerico. But survival of the trans is all in the clutch, a clutch that is to grabby or hits to hard will brake it sooner or later. I don't now how hard an RXT twin hits but most street clutches made for the kind of power will brake parts at the track.

I guess, that's why class racers use a soft loc clutch. I know jerico, limits base pressure under 1200 #. with a rag disc, might be ok, a puck disc,= parts breaker. best bet is to call jerico, and get real information, about any setup. they're good guys.

The WarFish super stock/A hemi Cuda runs a Jerico. But survival of the trans is all in the clutch, a clutch that is to grabby or hits to hard will brake it sooner or later. I don't now how hard an RXT twin hits but most street clutches made for the kind of power will brake parts at the track.

x2^^. A friend boke 3 Jerichos in one weekend when trying a new combo with more power. His, his backup, and a friend's backup. All because the clutch was grabbing too hard.

I would defiantly run a soft loc clutch. I only had to adjust mine once at the track and put a bunch of runs on it with some mild street . They still hit hard but they have the adjustability to save parts if adjusted right...and it's fun to drive on the street, just have to be smooth and know where your rpms are for down shifting. Don't need to clutch on up shifting or down shifting. just let off a little on up and it slides right in . Match rpm on down shift and it's right in there. (Clutch assisted)Takes a little to get used to but it gives driving a little more fun. I'm yet to miss a shift with throttle matted and a fine tap on the clutch pedal...and I'm no ken block.....they work very well.

-
Back