Jerico

-
hi, you understand on a clutchless trans , you have to hold it in gear at all times. if you relax, it'll pop out of gear! regular jerico, doesn't pop out of gear.
it can be drivin on street, by double clutching when shifting up or down.

Have not done much. Just received the quick time bellhousing and new spool mounts , poly trans mount. Now I have to go back to work for a month so nothing will be done untill around May . I'll send out some pics soon hopefully

Some progress done , should be done next days off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 508
That trans crossmember looks great, It looks like all the mounts are coming together real nice. How long do you think before you can start final assembly and get out and start banging that Jerico through the gears. It will be the most fun you ever had running your car down the 1/4 mile no if, ands, or buts.

I was cut short on days off and had to get back too work, I'm gonna be on it as soon as I get back in mid June , so maybe 3 days work, got a few electrical things and fuel cell , fuel pump, electric fan, battery relocation. All the welding is done. Can't wait to at least go to test and tune night. The shifter is a vertigate long shifter. No H pattern . But it will take any shifter you want. The great thing about jerico is that you can put the shifter plate anywhere you want and build your rods to any length.

Jerico works great. But I happened to not receive a clutchless trans. Shifts great when I power shift but can pull all day and not go Into gear. Something happened to the order through my guy, but. I'm happy with it , the gearing is still what I wanted. Just the clutchless is now clutch assisted. it's fun on the street and never missed a shift on power shifting. Broke my pinion yoke first day at the track on my first launch. Waiting on a chrome alloy 1380 yoke.

Guys/Gals

Want to install a Jerico DR4 into a 69 Hemi Roadrunner that is a factory 4-Speed car. I don't want to cut up my floor and prefer to leave it stock without hacking it up. Reading your forum, it apparent that I will need to modify or custom make a cross-member which I'm ok with. Would like to run a Long vertical gate shifter through the stock 4-Speed hole if that is possible. Or am I dreaming? Is it possible? Thinking, that the shifter may have to be modified or shortened to possibly make it a do-able modification. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Charlie

Jerico works great. But I happened to not receive a clutchless trans. Shifts great when I power shift but can pull all day and not go Into gear. Something happened to the order through my guy, but. I'm happy with it , the gearing is still what I wanted. Just the clutchless is now clutch assisted. it's fun on the street and never missed a shift on power shifting. Broke my pinion yoke first day at the track on my first launch. Waiting on a chrome alloy 1380 yoke.

I have a jerico DR4 with Long shifter in one of my cars and love it -- I only use the clutch to place the trans in first gear ,, after I drop the clutch on launch ,, I only push and pull the shifter thru the gears , I do not touch the clutch pedal at all -- shifts are flawless.

Great thread. These tranny's are great! A friend of mine runs a Liberty in his Camaro and beats the daylights out of it with no issues. Note the tire churp in every gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Need to know what other problems that you ran into besides the cross-member. Appreciate the reply that the Jerico is great but I really need to know any unforeseen obstacles that I need to prepare for please. Would like to run a Long vertical gate shifter and not have to hack up my stock 4 speed floor. Has anyone ran a Long shifter without cutting up the floor? What did you run for shifter rods? Custom rods? Other type vertical gate shifters besides Long? All information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help
Charlie

hi, you might have to enlarge hole some , even for a hurst shifter. reason is , the jerico is bit wider. only way is to measure. on a body, the floor pan on right side needed a piece cut out for trans to fit in tunnel. a friend of mine installed jerico in his E body , had to open hole for shifter. also cut piece on right side out. only way is to put it in and see where it doesn't fit, then decide if you want to make it fit? jerico rods are hollow aluminum style. actually come with the shifter. also, you'll need a turbo 400 yoke for trans with 1350 u joint. drive line might have to be shortened? on a body , yes . B body , not sure.
it was worth the effort installing jerico , lots of fun to shift. very good stout trans.

-
Back