Joplin MO got hit hard...

-

omahamoparguy

Reaction score
I just cant believe the damage that I saw last night on the TV of Joplin. That whole neighbor hood where the tornado hit was just flattened. My prayers go out to any members down there and anybody else that lives there.......God Bless!!

This is the worst year I can remember in a long long time for this kind of bad weather!!! Tornados are almost becoming common place! Prayers go out to those were in the path of those storms!

I just cant believe the damage that I saw last night on the TV of Joplin. That whole neighbor hood where the tornado hit was just flattened. My prayers go out to any members down there and anybody else that lives there.......God Bless!!
I just seen the morning news and it sure was a giant tornado :sad11:
They have lost 89 peope allready and the hospital is hit, and over half the town of 50.000 is flattened there was over 70 twisters last night and to top it off a Volcano in Iceland erupted, God blesss all the people affected and lost there life and homes

Couple of my model railroading buddies live up that way. Ain't got um to answer a phone yet.

Wow I can't believe the damage. A EF-4 for sure. Prayers sent.

thoughts & prayers going out to Joplin, my neighbors left last night to aid family members. They were 5 blocks from the hospital that got hit. Lawrence

Our Prayers to all in MO and Else where. I never remember weather patterns like this.

Just heard from my model railroading buddy. They are in Reeds, Mo. Tornado missed them by 6 miles. He said it's way worse than the media is lettin on. Now there's a surprise.

Absolutely devastating. Weather service is estamateing an f4. Debri is being found 70 miles away. Damage is about 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long,right through the middle of town. They are saying at least 90 deaths so far. 1 hospital destroyed,as is the high school,and many business's. Wal Mart and Home Depot both look to be gone. I'm adding a link for anyone who wants to help.

http://www.uwheartmo.org/

Joplin, MO Tornado Recovery
Heart of Missouri United Way (Columbia, MO) has stepped up and established the Joplin Tornado Relief Fund. 100% of donations will go directly to Joplin United Way, with ZERO overhead. Follow the link, call 573-443-4523 or text "Joplin" to 864833.

Prayers for so many people who are suffering and grieving for their lost ones. May God's guiding light help these people get through what will be a very lengthy recovery process.

This is very scary!! My family and I went through Joplin Minutes after the storm went through. I only saw the damage from I 44 and it was overwhelming. I qam so glad we stopped in Vinita, OK for dinner, we may have been right in th e path. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected.

My parents and other family live 30 minutes south from there. They have friends in Joplin that have not been accounted for yet. I have talked to my dad every couple of hours since last night. They have been in the storm cellar quite a few times over the past 24 hours. So sad.

I feel bad for them. We just went through that here a month ago.

just saw on news where Toomers of Tuscaloosa is heading out in the morning with truck loads of emergency supplies from here to repay them for helping us out. 4 of our local radio stations here stopped regular programing and only took calls for 16 days which was a great help. Someone would call in with a need and immediately listeners would respond whether it was asking for a nurse, water, food or just help moving debris. People have been awesome with donations and volunteering services. I have been using trackhoe to move chicken houses, trees from homes so they could be tarped and opening roads so emergency crews could get through. Prayers going out to all those affected, Joe

well i pray for them all up there we just went through a line agin it went form here to up there we lost lot of tree branchies and maybe a parts car from a tree but that no big deal i wish i had the cash to go up there and help them up there but i dont catoosa cops are taking in food to send up there if ur around my parts and want to help them out my mom inlaws up in grove helping them redcross member i hope we all can make it though tomarrrows storms then we will be in the clear for a little bit god bless all in the path of thes storms

Wow, I ***** and complain about the snow and wet weather. Should consider myself lucky. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this.

scary stuff

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnvxJZucds&sns=em"]YouTube - ‪First Person video of Joplin MO tornado 5/22/11‬‏[/ame]

Yes it is way worse I work a mile from the damage zone and live 10 miles away it looks like a bomb went off and everyone is working together we are tight town.

-
Back