Jr Dragsters. Is this what our sport is becoming

-
I think it's a disgrace that parents allow their kids to be so disrespectful. The biggest problem is the fact that the right to discipline your kids is called child abuse. There is nothing wrong with teaching manners and respect to young ones. I agree with a suspension of some kind. Nascar won't put up with it as racers we should not put up with it. I love my sport and I think things need to change. New rules that apply to all.

I think it's a disgrace that parents allow their kids to be so disrespectful. The biggest problem is the fact that the right to discipline your kids is called child abuse. There is nothing wrong with teaching manners and respect to young ones. I agree with a suspension of some kind. Nascar won't put up with it as racers we should not put up with it. I love my sport and I think things need to change. New rules that apply to all.
It's the same as with really young kids whose parents take them places they have no business like nice restaurants and such and they act out. Parents think it's "cute" and it's anything but. Then those kids grow up.

I am wondering the same thing ??? I saw some unethical and illegal things this past weekend , I have been racing at this track for over 35 years and have never seen anything like it ..first off first round my opponent ( he drives a high 14 second 6 cyl. Mustang ) pulls to the side and opens his hood I just thought he stalled or something I figured I would just wait for him to get it started, a moment later he closes the hood and proceeds to the water box he beat me 007 to my 073 on the tree despite me being dead 0 good for him ! he was gone next round I never realized he was trying to' psych " me out , I guess trying to rattle me . The points season is winding down I guess he is desperate for points. Another example rules stay 11.50 / 7.35 must have a roll bar , 5 point harness and fire jacket they even announced 7.35 and quicker wear your jacket ! meanwhile there's a guy there running 7.20s no roll bar , jacket or 5 point harness even dialing in the 7.20s whats more he was there " diving "( lining up against her and intentionally losing so she could get the round points ) for his daughter. Every race day they announce " no trans brake checking in the pits " meanwhile our track announcer no less ( he also races ) is a few pit spaces down from me " brake torqueing " the heck out of his car like a half dozen times . I mean like 3-4000 rpm then releasing ! last week there was a heated argument by two guys over lane choice evidently they flipped and both wanted the same lane ! after holding up racing for over five minutes the starter said stage or you both lose! they did finally. A few weeks ago at a nostalgia race I was running my pickup in the slow class.. second time shot is a qualifier best r.t. gets a bye or lane choice . just before eliminations a guy with a car much faster than 13.00 ( low e.t break for the class ) he or the car lost first round in a faster class comes flying in to the lanes ( I doubt he even paid for the class ) for first round and sandbags his way thru 4 rounds to Win ( I lost third round but not against him ) really !! all that for a Trophy ? I wish I would have raced him I would have added 10 seconds to my dial and parked it at the stripe waiting for him ! I am not running points and am just racing for fun and to be there for their 5 pro dial races but its getting crazy!

I am wondering the same thing ??? I saw some unethical and illegal things this past weekend , I have been racing at this track for over 35 years and have never seen anything like it ..first off first round my opponent ( he drives a high 14 second 6 cyl. Mustang ) pulls to the side and opens his hood I just thought he stalled or something I figured I would just wait for him to get it started, a moment later he closes the hood and proceeds to the water box he beat me 007 to my 073 on the tree despite me being dead 0 good for him ! he was gone next round I never realized he was trying to' psych " me out , I guess trying to rattle me . The points season is winding down I guess he is desperate for points. Another example rules stay 11.50 / 7.35 must have a roll bar , 5 point harness and fire jacket they even announced 7.35 and quicker wear your jacket ! meanwhile there's a guy there running 7.20s no roll bar , jacket or 5 point harness even dialing in the 7.20s whats more he was there " diving "( lining up against her and intentionally losing so she could get the round points ) for his daughter. Every race day they announce " no trans brake checking in the pits " meanwhile our track announcer no less ( he also races ) is a few pit spaces down from me " brake torqueing " the heck out of his car like a half dozen times . I mean like 3-4000 rpm then releasing ! last week there was a heated argument by two guys over lane choice evidently they flipped and both wanted the same lane ! after holding up racing for over five minutes the starter said stage or you both lose! they did finally. A few weeks ago at a nostalgia race I was running my pickup in the slow class.. second time shot is a qualifier best r.t. gets a bye or lane choice . just before eliminations a guy with a car much faster than 13.00 ( low e.t break for the class ) he or the car lost first round in a faster class comes flying in to the lanes ( I doubt he even paid for the class ) for first round and sandbags his way thru 4 rounds to Win ( I lost third round but not against him ) really !! all that for a Trophy ? I wish I would have raced him I would have added 10 seconds to my dial and parked it at the stripe waiting for him ! I am not running points and am just racing for fun and to be there for their 5 pro dial races but its getting crazy!

First off your track should have written rules on lane choice. Second if the rule breaking bothers you go to the track officials. It appears you are letting people get into your head to easily. Calm down and have FUN.

We need to go back in time

88956455-9049-48DE-9740-1C2497A4ED03.jpeg

Gotta ask. Was the 7.20s guy in a late model musclecar? Nhra carved out an exception for the really fast stuff, giving them an exception to the rollbar rule. I guess because if they didn't, none of them would show up. Airbags are the excuse.
We have Corvettes, Shelby's and Hellcats/Demons deep in the sixes (1/8) with no bar, here.

You got that right and that’s why I stayed out of trouble cause once you hit 18 or 21 daddy and mommy can’t help

Gotta ask. Was the 7.20s guy in a late model musclecar? Nhra carved out an exception for the really fast stuff, giving them an exception to the rollbar rule. I guess because if they didn't, none of them would show up. Airbags are the excuse.
We have Corvettes, Shelby's and Hellcats/Demons deep in the sixes (1/8) with no bar, here.
No actually it’s a 69 Dart . I was at the track the other day and management told me that they are aware of the situation and the guy with the Mustang told me he wasn’t trying to psyche me out he was nearly trying to cool his car down evidently the computer in his car is very heat sensitive and really throws him curve balls when trying to dial the car when it’s hot .

Last edited:
I don't recall Garlits or Sox or even Jenkins not remaining humble in Victory lane. There are many real hero's, winners and losers who remain humble in spite of success or failure. The same goes for all sports. When my son was growing up, those were the folks I would point out. Some parents have become bullies and loudmouths.

Grumpy Jenkins was one of the biggest A holes to ever show up at a race track. No class jerk

-
Back