JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!! It's ALL just JUNK!

-
Yeah, I remember those days back in the late 60s to the late 70s. You could roam through the yards for days checking out the Mopars of the era. It's too bad they have all been picked to the carcass, or crushed by now.

it makes me sick thinking of all the great cars I saw in junk piles in the late 70ś early 80ś cars that could have been restored for under $1000.00 back then junked because of gas prices/shortage and propaganda

A junkyard in Williams, CA is supposed to have a lot of old Mopars. Haven't been there since 69 miles away and the one time I called, they wanted high prices. I've mostly bought from a guy in El Dorado Hills, CA (25 miles) who gives good prices and always had what I need. Neither is on row52. CA/NV/AZ/NM are the places for rust-free metal, plus west TX and some of the Plains if dry w/ little snow.

I was 10 years old in 1975.My older brother was driving a 69 charger R/T with a damaged drivers side front fender he bought that way. We went to a local yard and had 7 on cars to pick from..!! We found the best one and I was so small I would fit under to get at all the bolts.He took me to McDonald’s on the way home for the help.The fender we bought sticking out of the trunk.Best of times..!! Swingn’

Usually they had a damaged driver's fender from hitting mailboxes on Quaaludes....aka lemons

It's been decades now, but back in the day, there was Mather Auto Wreckers, here in Rancho Cordova, California (East side of Sacramento) that was an all Mopar wrecking yard.
Acres and acres, of nothing but Mopars.
During my Air Force years at Mather AFB, it was right out the back gate of the air base.
They had a hugh business from all of Central California, Northern California.
Nothing but memories for me now, from the dinosaur days.

EDIT:
Some of the cars that were common to see there during the 70's.

AAR #6 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
-
Back