junkyard score

-

Andyzell

Reaction score
junkyard score as of two days ago. i got this out of an old mopar motor home for
the hefty sum of 11 dollars.
1015812_612143285471326_2120403662_o.jpg

1008413_612143398804648_1017498266_o.jpg

1008617_612143418804646_874883098_o.jpg

thinking about building a hot rod around it

"thinking about building a hot rod around it"

im sure it will steer your build in the right direction. lol.

this is off topic but i still laugh about it. i found a steering wheel out of an AMX at the yard one time and thought it would be cool just to hang on the wall in the garage. I didnt have a puller with me but i did have a hack saw. lol i ended up cutting the steer column shaft off at the bottom of the shift colar. still got it to this day hanging on the wall with about 3" of steering shaft hanging out the back of it.

Cool score!!! I love looking in old RV's, lots of goodies hiding inside, found an entire front clip and doors from a 67 Dart 2 door inside one, solid too, I should go back and get them...........:D

I also scored lots of cool old tachometers, oil, temp, etc gauges that people have installed in them.

"thinking about building a hot rod around it"

im sure it will steer your build in the right direction. lol.

this is off topic but i still laugh about it. i found a steering wheel out of an AMX at the yard one time and thought it would be cool just to hang on the wall in the garage. I didnt have a puller with me but i did have a hack saw. lol i ended up cutting the steer column shaft off at the bottom of the shift colar. still got it to this day hanging on the wall with about 3" of steering shaft hanging out the back of it.

hahaha funny i should go back and get the wheel out of an amc eagle

Cool score!!! I love looking in old RV's, lots of goodies hiding inside, found an entire front clip and doors from a 67 Dart 2 door inside one, solid too, I should go back and get them...........:D

I also scored lots of cool old tachometers, oil, temp, etc gauges that people have installed in them.

thanks, yeah man they have a few complete ones with the drive lines in them
there are a few 360s and i believe a 440 in one. i want to save all my beans so i
can get the 360/727 and dana out of one.

Digging under a pile of A/C condensers, beneath an older Chevy truck bed once rendered me a complete front clip for a '69 Coronet with all of the 440 trim that I needed to help a guy with a resto.

$125 bought it all. Saved me a ton of time.

Another time, I found a console to a Hang Ten in the back of a van, which prompted me to track down the rest of the car. Mind you, I'm in Colorado, which is nowhere near where any of those were sold, new. I found the car and I believe the person I turned on to the car is currently restoring it.

that's a nice wheel reminds me of my junkyard steering wheel score when I got my duster from the wrecking yard it was sitting next to a 68 GTX the owners didn't want to sell the GTX but they did let me buy the woodgrain rallye steering wheel from it for 50 bucks I probillay could have got it cheaper but I said 50 just to let them know I was serious it has no cracks and even has the green horn button looks great on my dart

that's a nice wheel reminds me of my junkyard steering wheel score when I got my duster from the wrecking yard it was sitting next to a 68 GTX the owners didn't want to sell the GTX but they did let me buy the woodgrain rallye steering wheel from it for 50 bucks I probillay could have got it cheaper but I said 50 just to let them know I was serious it has no cracks and even has the green horn button looks great on my dart

nice, junkyards are great

-
Back