Just a Note About New Lifters

-
Corrosion of bare steel is usually due to condensation. I would get that in my garage in Atlanta. No problem in my garage in drier California now, but I still get condensation outside under a carport in winter, even dripping from metal rafters. It is due to the temperature changes, which are much less inside. Of course everything is worse with salt. A relative's beachfront house in Florida is already showing a little rust on stainless fasteners outside after just a year, and painted steel parts are horribly corroded.

Corrosion of bare steel is usually due to condensation. I would get that in my garage in Atlanta. No problem in my garage in drier California now, but I still get condensation outside under a carport in winter, even dripping from metal rafters. It is due to the temperature changes, which are much less inside. Of course everything is worse with salt. A relative's beachfront house in Florida is already showing a little rust on stainless fasteners outside after just a year, and painted steel parts are horribly corroded.
I've seen condensation on unfinished buildings to the point it looked like rainfall. If the metal is galvanized, it will ruin an automobile paint job.

My old house had no roof ventilation. You could see the moisture running out from under the metal roof. Got rid of that house right quickly.

-
Back