Just bought a '71 Demon...I just might be in trouble

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Was surfing good ole ebay the other day and noticed a pretty good looking '71 demon that was just posted with a buy it now of $999. Needed floor pans, no engine or trans but exterior of body was really nice with no prior hack bodywork. Was thinking to self "man if this were close I would bid on it"...then noticed it was only about 30 miles away. So I bid the minimum $499 on it and emailed guy if okay to come check it out.

Got a call next morning, guy seemed straight up and honest about car and said only reason he was selling was because he was in a pinch for cash. Well he calls me back in about 30 minutes and says another car he was selling fell through and if I wanted the demon for the opening bid and could pay immediately I could have it. Well I now own a '71 demon.

Met the seller, saw the car, paid for it and its now mine. What did I buy?

1971 demon 225/at/ps/ ac car that originally was f7 green through and through with white demon side stripes. Needs floor and trunk pans but substructure is solid and besides 30+years of door dings and a cheap paint job exterior body is awesome!

Good deal???

09af_3.jpg

08bd_3.jpg

05fe_3.jpg

0552_3.jpg

06e9_3.jpg

07df_3.jpg

Looks like you got a good deal! I missed out on a 1972 Demon 340 3-speed, unrestored beauty with 40,000 miles, always liked those Demon's!! :thumbup:

Great deal. Too bad I couldn't of found that one. Oh well another one bites the dust. I wish I knew where you guys find this stuff cuz I never seem to. Good score.

Thats how I ended up with my car, I saw it on ebay, but it was only 30 miles away. I paid a premium, but I got a rust free car with all the parts. Just needs a ton of cosmetic work since it sat for 10 years without being driven.

I got the rust on this one pretty much free too but had to pay for the good exterior sheet metal :)

All I can say is I just got really lucky on this one as the seller was in a bind and needed cash quick and I was in the right spot at the right time. It had only been on ebay for a few hours when I saw it and less than a day when he contacted me about buying it.

The car exterior is very nice for midwest standards but it is a project. The floors and trunk definately need work and its basically a rolling shell BUT with the condition of the outside it was definately worth the money. I figure with all the left over parts from my current project I can cobble together a decent everyday driver out of it on the cheap. Unless someone talks me out of it down the road. I have had a tuff wheel hanging on the wall for the past few years just waiting for something like this.

To top it off also, I bought originally thinking all I was buying was a rolling shell. After the deal the guy says he'll round up the parts and put them with the car so I can get it all when I take it home...seems he had bought buckets and seat covers and has alot of the other parts stored someplace else.

good deal gss34o, you can't go wrong on that price :thumbup:

You can probably turn around and double your money if needed, it is a good buy. trunk and floors are easy.

in trouble??? huh? that is some good trouble. can't be in trouble with a car like that..... :thumbup:

GSS340 What a find!!
You've got to be living write to get a deal like that. :thumbup:

merkel1.jpg

You did just fine for $499. I got my Ramcharger for $500 and was able to drive it home but just barely. After a tune up and new headers, tires and brakes, I was able to put 40,000 miles on it before the engine wiped the cam, but the exterior was in nowhere near the shape of yours.

I was looking at that car when the posting changed to sold. At least I think its the same. Thought it would be a fun project. Good luck, and let me know if you want to sell it, LOL

fastnos said:
I was looking at that car when the posting changed to sold. At least I think its the same. Thought it would be a fun project. Good luck, and let me know if you want to sell it, LOL

Most likely the same car. It was only on ebay for just a little bit. I placed the 1st bid and asked seller if I could come look at it and gave him my cell number...called me back and then offered it to me at my bid because he was really hurting for cash.

Hopefully I wont have to sell it...I have always liked these. Who knows though, I still have to finish my swinger 340.

Man I wish I could find deals like that. My wife suprised me with a 73 H code Dart Sport for 1,ooo a while back and I wish it was in the condition that car is in. Nice find!

Yeah, good deal! I love Demons..wish they had not Dropped the NAME for 73 or id have a 73 Demon 340 :) instead of a Dart Sport lol

-
Back