Just general bitchin

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
I haven't been posting in a long time because of ....well some of you might remember why. And at the risk of bringing joy into someone's life because of my misery....life has sucked. I'm dead broke, and apparently no one wants my Sedan or Hemi car unless I give them away. I haven't even gotten any insulting offers.

I've been trying to get the Duster all sorted out and finally decided the easiest thing to do was replace the engine, dash, and tail light harnesses (since they had ALL been cut and spliced). Even that hasn't been real easy, running in to things like the tail lights being sealed into the car with clear silicone. The latest is trying to figure out wtf they did with the harness from the trans.

Why do people that have no idea what they're doing put their cars at risk like this? Tonight I was getting the new dash harness ready to go in the car (not in yet btw). I was going to transfer the fuses over to the new box, but EVERY fuse was a 30 AMP. It's a real wonder this thing didn't burn itself to the ground. ****, the stereo wasn't even mounted in the dash. It was just stuck in the hole.

I don't usually air my dirty laundry, cause it's nobody's business but mine. I'm just very frustrated, dead frickin' broke, and at the end of it.

rant off

Hang in there Tem. If you were closer, I'd be over ther right now with a couple of Ultimate Cheeseburgers, a 6-pack and my coveralls to help you get some work done.

I can totaly relate to your wiring woes, I've spent the last two nights removing "wires to nowhere" under my Dusters dash left over from previous stereo installs, headlight timer, alarm systems, none of it was hooked up or working, but all zip tied, spliced & taped in everywhere. it looked like a grenade went off under there ! So just take a deep breath, try to be patient , put some 70s tunes on your garage radio ,and try not to tackle more than one thing at a time.

Thanks for the support. I know I'll get the wiring figured out, but what worries me the most is being tapped out. I haven't worked since 10/07. Went by the headhunters closest to me yesterday (used to be two, now there's only one) and there was only one person working there. Everyone else had been laid off. Not even a part time gig around.....

Hello Sedan It has been awhile :cheers:
things sure can be tuff sometimes and it sound like it's been a long time since a good day came your way.
I could not even put gas in my driver all month to get out off the house.
But things could be worse.8)
I hope a good day comes your way soon and things look up for you.:cheers:
Take it one day at a time and try and enjoy the simple things and give this economy time to get back on track. it's tuff everywhere bud, but I am sure you know that already.
Hang tuff Sedan, Good to see you back and posting.:happy10:

68 Sedan, if you want to feel better, my neighbor has an MG Midget. Talk about wiring woes, you should see that thing. Not only are those cars wired backwards in the first place but this one has hot wires, bare, running to nowhere and splices that go three inches before re-connecting with the original wire, all the time just twisted together. He's broke too.

I know how you feel about the wiring, my dart must have had about 100 butt splicers holding everything together. I'm in the process of ripping it out and replacing most of it.

Rant all you need,were here for ya,thing's will get better,just try and pick up some lil' menial quick job's to keep a few buck's in the pocket,and find a rich girl and marry her!!! or pray,one of the two should make things better.i been out of work for about the same amount of time and live off of lil' side job's and just watch my spending and recycle stuff and do a once a month swap meet with just junk stuff(no mopar part's)I scrap out any thing I can find and have even been lucky to find people willing to pay to remove stuff from their yard's good luck and pm me if ya need something.Wagg's

Hang in there. Its slow all over. Hay sales have been very slow for me.
Any one want to buy a bale or two?

I got a few I could let go.

HayBarn.jpg

Rantin' is therapy. We're here for you and anyone else that's in a bind.
Good to see you back!
Things always turn around, patience.....grasshopper!
That six pack sounds good about now, that's therapy too. (So i tell my wife) :-D

I suppose. When I was hurt on the job back in 99 and was off work for better than 2 1/2 years people kept telling me the same thing. "Things will get better." Well, after losing my Cummins and havin the house sold out from under me while I was out of work (thanks bro and sisters) it sorta got better cause I sold the Challenger and bought this place. But, I had nothing to drive except the Challenger and was almost homeless thanks to my siblings.

Funny thing. Even though I live in a large metal box that the A/C or heat can't keep up with, I think they're all PISSED at ME cause I'm mortgage free. And BEING mortgage free is the only thing that has allowed me to maintain with so little.

So I'm feverishly trying to complete the Duster (cause it will bring more done than not) and why the Sedan is (and has been) for sale along with my Hemi car.

Anyway I appreciate all the support. Maybe it will get better.....but it better hurry

68 Sedan,
I don't know your history, and I can't give you any insulting offers, either.
But I'm pretty good at locating cheap parts.8)
So, what do you need to finish this duster and get it sold?

burg

Darn Tem, sorry to hear it's going so rough for you lately. I'm in a rather large hole myself (due to my own stupidity as well as my wife's) and am working like a mad dog to get out of it. I have my 8-5 job, then I hit my shop to make stripe kits, work on my projects, and am restoring someone else's car just to keep up every month. Hope things turn around for you soon...

Your not alone 68, there are several guys feeling the crunch but things have been slowly getting better, it always does.(Thats the good part) I too am finally getting my 6 month debts on parts payed so I can work on my car. I know all about rotten cyblings so being away from them will be a bonus for ya. Get into your working on cars (my thearepy) and you will at least be moving forward huh?

Yeah...usually I keep this boat pretty well afloat, but this month (and last) things have gotten pretty ugly.

Burg, I appreciate the offer. My original intent with the Duster was to drive it while I worked on the Dart, then sell it after the Dart was finished. But there was so much wrong with the Duster that I really haven't stopped working on it, never getting back to the Dart. I've already redone all the suspension on it, done the exhaust, bunch of stuff under the hood, and actually got to drive and enjoy it some.

But with all the electrical problems I've found, there was no way I would try to sell this problem child off to someone else. It just has to be fixed. So at this point (since most of the Duster will be "new") it makes sense to just cut my losses and part with the Dart. Problem is, no one wants it.

I'm still working on replacement tail lights. The white seat covers coming off the car will probably take care of that. (part of that problem is now I don't have the cash to get the new covers installed, so the white cover hasn't come off the front seat yet. I've done it before and guess "I'll" cover the back, but I'll have to have the front done.)

Someone had sprayed the trunk with undercote? and it's black and sticky.....not something I'm going to spend the time, money, or effort to remove. So I'm going to leave it black and do the floor in Ozite. (think what they use to cover speaker cabinets with) I've found where to get what I need, but I can't afford to pay for it.

I also need some door locks. Don't know why, but the keys will NOT go in to the locks. I also need a license plate light, cause there just wasn't one on the car. I've also discovered the harness from the neutral safety switch is hacked up, so that needs to be replaced or repaired. Problem with repairing it is the wiring diagram has "inconsistencies" in it, and I'm not sure exactly what is supposed to go where.

It all boils down to I just need to move one or both of the cars. Cause it's not just working on the Duster, it's also the mundane bills. What I don't want is anyone taking up a collection or anything like that. What I would like if for someone who wants one or the other of these to buy it/them so I can get on with everything.

Hey Sedan,hope things will pickup for ya,keep busy with the cars.It,ll help keep your mind off of other things.Works for me!

Geez...this is never gonna end.

Tonight I popped the new and CORRECTR fuses into the new box getting ready to put it in the dash. But before I did that I decided to pull the door switches and clean the paint off them, thinking it would aso make it easier to plug the new wires in to them.

Well I was wrong. The wires for the switches have a small TWO PIN connector on them that plugs directly in to the switch. One of the switches is made for a THREE PIN connector, the other for TWO small SPADES.

Not only that, but both holes for the switches are wallowed to the point that these switches really won't screw back in and tighten up.

Any ideas on how to fix THAT? And oh yeah, these aren't small diameter switches like the B bodies use. %$(@$^%@*

T, Very sorry to hear of all this crap going on w/ ya. Maybe a couple of side jobs could tide you over a bit eh? Chin up bud, a positive attitude seems to go a long way when it seems like it's raining on your parade.....:toothy2:

If you find any probs w/ the fuse box, plz let me know.

Wish I could take a couple of lil jobs, but the shop is full. IF someone would decide to give the Sedan or the Hemi runner a new home I'd have room to wedge something else in here. As it stands I don't have enough room without parking something outside.

On a positive note....I've laced in the new dash wiring and have figured out how to tie in the switched power for the MSD, tach, radio, constant power for the radio, and lights for the gauges under the dash without cutting or splicing a single new wire.

Now..........if someone could tell me the exact location of the hazard flasher, and verify that there are only PINK wires going to it I'd appreciate it. (you guessed it, it was missing prior to the rewire)

-
Back