Just need to vent about US Bank.

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Three of my vehicles have their license tabs due in January, so naturally, being the Good and Happy Taxpayer that I am, I dutifully went online and paid for them electronically about a month ago.

New stickers arrived about two weeks ago, so I was good to go, right?

WRONG!

On Saturday I received two nasty letters from the MN Department of Public Safety stating that my bank (US Bank) had denied the charges, and the State is going to "suspend the registration" on two of the three vehicles unless I jump through all sort of hoops.

So I called the bank just now from work....and waded through their inane automated system only so I could be put on hold for almost 15 minutes...

Long story short: Apparently their system flagged the second and third payments as "potentially inaccurate", so they denied the payments to the State!

Who is now on my ***....

Did US Bank tell me they were going to do this? No!

Did someone from US Bank reach out to me on this? No!

Did they do this without my knowledge? Yes!

This isn't the first time they've done this **** to me, so....

Am I going to open an account somewhere else and take my $65k+ balance in Checking & Savings with me? Hell, Yes!

(Phuque 'em)

I Dumped a bank because they bounced a check that I wrote against a cash deposit three days before. I stormed into the bank and the manager said that they needed 7 days for a cash deposit to clear, so they bounced my check that was covered by the deposit. I fumed after she repeated that the ”cash” had to clear. I said “clear what - it was freaking cash already!” Idiot didn’t understand why I was fuming. Buh-bye!

Try a smaller local bank or credit union. Big banks are for big business
My wife worked for Wells Fargo for over 30 years, and soon after she retired she "cashed out" and moved all of her WF accounts to a local CU and never looked back. (Which speaks volumes about the current State of WF, as far as I'm concerned.)

I'm on the CU accounts as well, but simply because I've been doing it since 2006 (and because it's a royal PITA to switch things over), all of our "auto-pay" bills run through US Bank (utilities, mortgage, car payments, etc).

But that's going to change, and change quickly.

Lol, I keep getting a yearly reminder/statement in the mail on an old line of credit I had with CIBC. Apparently I owe them 0.01. I keep waiting for my amount owing to double lol.
Same bank tried "messing" with me. I opened up a new acct with Tangerine/Scotiabank and had my paychecks(direct deposit) deposited at Scotia in 1/2 hr.
F**k CIBC.

I was with one bank, who them got sold to a second bank, and i had to reset all my autopay and buy all new checks

Within a year bank 2 got bought out by bank 3 and they wanted me to do the same dance

Ive been with a credit union ever since

My CU sends me txt and email within minutes of anything they deem suspicious.

Usually "do nothing" results in the transaction being completed, and I would have to reply "no" for them to stop it.

My business bank merged and changed it's name but I still have and use checks and deposit stamp with the old name on them.

It's been over a year.

My son's current and most recent former employers are getting hammered in this thread!
:lol:

Lol, I keep getting a yearly reminder/statement in the mail on an old line of credit I had with CIBC. Apparently I owe them 0.01. I keep waiting for my amount owing to double lol.
Same bank tried "messing" with me. I opened up a new acct with Tangerine/Scotiabank and had my paychecks(direct deposit) deposited at Scotia in 1/2 hr.
F**k CIBC.
(LOL!) In the Cartoon Bubble in my Brain I see your great-great-great-great-great grandchildren getting a bill for $10,000 for this!

Love it! :thumbsup:

My wife forgot that she didn't put as much as she usually does into her IRA this past year, but we deducted the usual amount on our taxes.

When she told me, we immediately filed an amended return, sent a check for the difference ($12) and waited for the bill.

The bill said the balance was 8 cents in interest but the amount to send was 0.00.

I'm a little leery of that.

However, we have an uncashed check from the IRS for $4.68, from what they deemed was an overpayment two years ago.

I guess those two departments don't have the same set of records.

Anyhooo, if we get billed for 8 cents plus interest, I''l remind them that they are, in fact collecting interest on $4.68 that is technically ours.

My son's current and most recent former employers are getting hammered in this thread!
:lol:
Sorry about that!

My wife started with a small MN company called Norwest Bank right out of college in '87.

Norwest went though a couple name changes, and then got bought-up by WF (sometime in the 90's I think). My wife "moved up" through the company as well, and she absolutely loved working for WF, and damn near bled "WF Red", if you will.

But then they merged with Wachovia, which was the start of all of the "fake accounts" BS.

Last few years she was employed by them she was offered ever-increasing responsibilities, with commensurate pay increases, but all of the BS occuring on The Other Side of The House weighed heavily on her ("WF Red", remember?), so when it got to be too much (or maybe "not worth it") a couple years ago, we agreed it was time for her to retire, and pull the plug and divorce ourselves entirely from them.

Lucky for us the timing was damn near perfect, as she was able to roll-over her stock options for a good chunka change.

She still has friends who work for WF that she keeps in-touch with, and it sounds (to us) as though the BS just goes on and on.

As for USB, I've had enough of 'em. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me several times over (Yeah, I'm the fool!), and....lose a customer.

Thanks, lol, I think they will be in the witness relocation program by then!
Any creditors that wants to be a clown(hwy 407 ETR), I setup an automatic payment once a week to them for a nickel a week.
Whether they deserve it or not, they get $2.60 annually lol.
(LOL!) In the Cartoon Bubble in my Brain I see your great-great-great-great-great grandchildren getting a bill for $10,000 for this!

Love it! :thumbsup:

My bank notifies me of any shading looking transfers, but after the fact. I have a maximum amount that they can transfer and they email me or call before they proceed. I can see where their "good intentions" screwed you. The electronic world is pretty good, until it bites you in the ***, and the DMV is like the enemy. I swear they look for any miss step just to bust your balls.

I've bitched about US Bank for years and the ONLY reason I've stayed with them is because I have a retirement account with them that's been relatively Democrat-proof.

I went in to deposit some cash last year, and about had a coronary when they demanded ID for a deposit. I told them that whenever someone offers to put cash in my account, that they didn't need to know a G--damned thing and just shut up and put the money in. I got asked that when depositing at a new branch last week. I told the guy to mind his damn business and he shut right up and put my money in.

Then they started itemizing my purchases. I told them that was also none of their business, and my local rep said the pushback on that cost them a ton of customers. It was also dropped.

I also hate their discriminatory social justice 'we specifically loan money to black-owned businesses' BS. They were doing that while US Banks were being burnt down in Minneapolis a couple years ago. If you're doing anything, asking about race is the first step to guaranteeing racism. Race doesn't have anything to do with anything and we shouldn't be asking.

My Ebay/paypal account got hacked and the dipstick on the US Bank customer service line locked my account and told me to get a new account because 'the hacker used both your account number and routing number'. Yeah, so I gotta get ALL NEW ACCOUNTS, so I can turn around and give that info right back to the 'hacker'? Idiot. I had to go to a branch and get it straightened out without having to get all new accounts. I hate customer-service people that work from home and don't know a damned thing because they're busy screaming at their 4-year old while they're trying to talk to me.

I'm getting ready to set up a new bank account at a different bank, auto-transfer the bare minimum to US Bank to keep things going over there, and make sure that my account is one big parenthesis on their ledger.

Based on their TV commercials I've seen lately, they're taking things 'in a new direction', and this isn't going to go well.

I did have to fill out a form to allow "anyone" to make deposits into my account.

Lots of banks now won't even cash checks drawn on them.

...unless you have an account there.

TOTAL BS.

If people only knew…..

Google title 12 United States Code…..

12USC411 is a good place to start..

IMG_3279.png

IMG_3280.jpeg

I don't do any of that kind of **** electronically. I don't trust it, as your example shows. I walk in my local Arizona dmv, hand them cash, they hand me tags. In and out in under ten minutes the last time. (NOT so in california)
Done.

I don't do any of that kind of **** electronically. I don't trust it, as your example shows. I walk in my local Arizona dmv, hand them cash, they hand me tags. In and out in under ten minutes the last time. (NOT so in california)
Done.
Uff-dah! (I just had to say that!)

I wish it was that fast and easy here! With a couple exceptions, if you try to do this anywhere in the Metro (and/or suburban) area, best count on at least an hour wait, sometimes even with an appointment. (Yes, I'm talking to you, Brooklyn Center!)

I suppose I could have gone "further out" and gone to a County office somewhere, but the convenience of just making a few clicks...

Live an' learn, I guess.

This old thread is № 1.

№ 2:

About 25 years ago I was moving away from the suburbs of Denver. Over many years of living there, I had built up a lot of loose change. I gathered it all up and it big-filled a gallon-size freezer bag.

I took the bag of change and a few checks to my bank, a local one called 1stBank (this was back when those still existed; I think they got bought out by Wells-Fargo or one of the other big scummy ones). They didn't have an automatic change sorter; all they could offer was those paper coin sleeves and a chair where I could sit and hand-roll all those coins. Don't think so. Their branch across town had a sorter, but it was approaching rush hour, so driving there and back would have been a multiple-hours-in-traffic pain.

There was a Wells Fargo bank across the street that had previously been another local bank called Columbia Savings. My bank called the Wells Fargo for me and asked if they had a change sorter: yes, for customers only.

Even back then, before the last two decades' worth of revelations about just how slimy Wells Fargo is, there were good reasons why I wasn't interested in being a WF customer.

'Tis the season: remember that scene where the Grinch gets this big ѕhіt-eatin' grin across his face? Yeah, I got an idea.

I deposited my checks at 1stBank less a $100 bill, which I shoved in my pocket. Went across to Wells Fargo, put my bag of change on the front desk, and asked for it to be converted to bills.

The lady goes, "Do you have an account here? The change sorter is only for Wells Fargo account holders."

Sez me: "I would like to open an account", and those were apparently the magic words; I was brought to the desk of the account manager, who went over the account options with me. I like accounts that don't have service fees or minimum balances, so I chose their "Incredible Free Checking" or whatever, which required only that the account be opened with $100.

Well! Habbout that; I just happened to have a $100 bill right here!

The account manager ran two soft credit checks and some other kind of a background check. All three came back clear, and all three must've cost the bank some measure of money. She spent a good 15 minutes doing the setup on her computer, filling forms, and then printing up 20 starter checks. I begged off on ordering real checks because I was moving and didn't yet know my new address.

So 25 minutes later, I had a brand-new Incredible Free Checking account and 20 specially-printed starter checks. I was still well ahead on time spent, compared to sitting in a traffic jam.

I thanked Ms. Manager, got up from her desk and went over to the teller line, put up my bag of change, and forty seconds later got $71 worth of $2 bills (I asked for them specifically), a new dollar coin, 77¢, and a few foreign coins. Will there be anything else? Yes, thanks, I'd like to withdraw $100—just a hundred-dollar bill will be fine, thanks—from my Incredible Free Checking account.

Then back over to the account manager's desk and I asked her to please close my account. She said "But you just opened it!" I said "Yep, and now I'd like to close it, please." She did a bunch of key punching and digging forms out of trays (every minute spent on me was costing WF money), then said "Okay, I've closed it, but may I know why?"

I said "I became a customer nine minutes ago because of your customers-only rule for the change sorter. My time as a customer cost you whatever-all administrative time and effort it took to open the account, and whatever fees you were charged for those background checks on me, and the material and operating costs to print up the starter checks, and the time and effort it took you to close my account. And it also cost you any possibility of my ever becoming a Wells Fargo customer for more than the nine minutes."

She didn't seem to know what to say. I went back across the street to 1stBank and deposited my $172.77, where the tellers got a real hoot out of my story.

Wells-Fargo sent me a statement on that account ("Initial balance: $100. Withdrawals total: $100", blah blah blah, blah blah, two pages of +$100, -$100, +$100, -$100), which drove their costs even higher. Maybe I should have withdrawn $99.99 from this no- minimum-balance account and just walked away from it, and see how long they spend money to generate monthly statements for $0.01.

Last edited:
Any creditors that wants to be a clown(hwy 407 ETR), I setup an automatic payment once a week to them for a nickel a week.
Whether they deserve it or not, they get $2.60 annually lol.
Hah! I hope this screws up their books as much as it can. I might choose something odd like 7¢ to make the amount wind up uneven.

-
Back