Just really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ!

-
Just arrange someone to or go get the car yourself. Simple.
It's been almost a year, i don't blame the guy at all. A deal's a deal.
You want sympathy? You got it. We all are sorry for what your son and you are going through with the cancer issue. That's your personal problem not his, just like his smoking and health issues are his personal problem not yours as you stated earlier........
Now go get the car.

The guy agrees to a year for you to pick up the car, and a year has gone by, and you still have not picked it up? You did not hold up to your end of the deal.

He did have a heart attack, a couple month's after we were there, and talked to him after that, and he said he doing better, but he has smoked cowboy killer's for year's, and if he did'nt think something might happen, I guess he was wrong. I don't have a problem with people that do smoke, but you should understand the consequenses.As far as the guy that had the heart attack, that's his personal problem, and not mine.

If his heart attack is " his personal problem, and not mine." then your sons cancer is " your personal problem, and not his."I don't hold with either side of this, BOTH of you should take the other into consideration!

Let me say first of all we all here are sorry for your sons illness returning and we all put family first and we wish you the best for his recovery. That being said i have to agree with the other posts the seller has kept his part of the deal you have sat on your hands and done nothing to fix the situation now the guy is telling you to **** or get off the pot and you are bitching that he's being an ***, damn dude you have had 11 months to transport that car [why you bought three and only having a two car hauler is still confusing me] unless you got a good deal and got greedy I.D.K. As far as your brother going by himself and all them exchuses is pure bullshit all of us here have done solo road trips and i personally had a boat transport busness i went all over and stayed in some isolated places [unarmed] and nothing happened so if you really wanted this thing you would found a way to get it long ago. It's you in my opinion whom has not held up his word,and how dare you bash him for his health problems weather he brought them on himself or not it's none of your busness.By the way you said you could never get in touch with him and left messages but then said after his heart attack you spoke with him why not discuss this issue then [i realize it might not have been a good time but if it was the first time you talked since the purchase why not] if i were the seller i would not have sold it to ya if you could not haul it away and i would not give your money back now [just call it a storage fee] next time don't be so greedy take only what you can carry.

Sorry about your son's illness, it is understandable needing to vent. A lot of good points already made.

An Italian grandmother might say "your making an opera."

Like it has been said, it's been a year. He held up his end of the agreement.
Question: How much $$$ is wrapped into this 4 door F-body parts car???
$150?
Life changes in a year - sometimes too much. If you can't pick up the car, consider it a loss and move on.
Most important here is that your son's health greatly improves. F the car!

Uh. Newsflash! Heart attacks ain't like the flu. You don't just bounce back goblet dory after a week.
He is probably in the same boat as you....

AS I thought when I first read this. You want him to wait more than the year. As when you asked me about parts you wanted pics right away then I hear nothing back but I see you running to the Mopar shows to get others. Step up to the plate and quit trying to make others do things on YOUR terms and not thinking of them. It comes down to giving others the same respect yu would like back.

First off you are tryin to get pity for your son from the guy and then you say him havin a heart attack is his problem. WTF!!
Second dont your brother have friends he could take?
If I was the guy I would have contacted you a few months ago and if you didnt come sell it to someone else. Even now I would sell it.
When you are an A$$ to people they are one back to you.
Bottom line go get the F@$#%^g car you are in the wrong by takin advantage of the guy tryin to be nice to you.

Not going to take a side in this argument and I'm truly sorry to hear about your son's illness. That being said, time is up.

Question: How much $$$ is wrapped into this 4 door F-body parts car???
$150?

This is what I would like to know? And how far away is the guy? You make it sound like it is a long way. Gas is almost $4/gallon. I wouldn't spend $500 on gas to go get a 4 door F-body parts car (paid for or not) unless it had a fat stack of fifties in the glove box!!!

Let me say first of all we all here are sorry for your sons illness returning and we all put family first and we wish you the best for his recovery.

Got that right!

lou3500 said:
That being said i have to agree with the other posts the seller has kept his part of the deal you have sat on your hands and done nothing to fix the situation now the guy is telling you to **** or get off the pot and you are bitching that he's being an ***, damn dude you have had 11 months to transport that car

Gotta agree with you, lou, especially in light of the things that the OP has said about a man keeping his word. Seems to me the gentleman in possession of the car has kept his word. The OP (or more specifically, the OP's brother) hasn't.

lou3500 said:
As far as your brother going by himself and all them exchuses is pure bullshit all of us here have done solo road trips and i personally had a boat transport busness i went all over and stayed in some isolated places [unarmed] and nothing happened

I agree with you there. How many truck drivers do we have on this board? Most of them go it alone, making a living going into places that would leave the OP s***ing himself if he's afraid of mechanical breakdowns, flat tires, blah, blah blah... Hell, my old man got robbed at gunpoint making a delivery down in Philly. He still got in that truck everyday, still made his miles, still earned his living, through snow, ice, traffic, breakdowns, flats, bad neighborhoods, etc.

lou3500 said:
It's you in my opinion whom has not held up his word,and how dare you bash him for his health problems weather he brought them on himself or not it's none of your busness.

Especially in light of the fact that the OP is dealing with some very serious health issues in his family, you'd think he'd be more sympathetic to others who are facing serious health issues themselves, no matter what the cause.

Look, I got no dog in this fight. But to the OP, a lot of good points are being made in your direction, especially in light of the statements you've made concerning the other gentleman. Maybe it's time to stop pointing the finger at him and start looking in the mirror.

Trust me, 33, I can understand the stress you're under. I understand the need to vent, know how the stress can get to you to the point that things just seem to go into the shitter no matter how hard you try. I understand you wanting to be close to the boy (I can't leave my wife alone, unattended, til the docs say so) and I can understand how things can seem to pile up on you. Right now, it probably feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

But, truthfully, it's time to tell your brother to man up. Either go get the car or talk to the dude himself about what needs to be done to take care of this to everyone's satisfaction.

Sorry bout your son .. And that hart atack . I will be praying for the both of them .. You have enough info . No need in me steping in here .

If I had a kid with lung cancer, I don't think I'd give two ***** about some rusty old car.

You both have personal issues far more important then a '77 4dr. Aspen...even a barn find hemi cuda shouldn't distract you this much then your son in need of prayers & healing for his cancer. I lost both parents to cancer...my dad when I was 13yoa & my mom when I was 27yoa. I still tear up when I think about them and the things we missed together in life....Time with your son is more important then time spent with a '77 Aspen.

If you can't get the car in a year, why buy it? How many opportunities could there have been in 340 days to drive out and get it? Excuses - everyone has them. You've taken advantage of his good graces for long enough. You made a deal, stand up to it. Your year is up. And bringing your son's unfortunate illness into it was absolutely the lowest thing you could do. At least until you commented on his heart attack being his personal issue. That was a new low. I have no sympathy for you. Go get the car or stop whining. As you said ... be a man.

If I had a kid with lung cancer, I don't think I'd give two ***** about some rusty old car.
yep

If you can't get the car in a year, why buy it? How many opportunities could there have been in 340 days to drive out and get it? Excuses - everyone has them. You've taken advantage of his good graces for long enough. You made a deal, stand up to it. Your year is up. And bringing your son's unfortunate illness into it was absolutely the lowest thing you could do. At least until you commented on his heart attack being his personal issue. That was a new low. I have no sympathy for you. Go get the car or stop whining. As you said ... be a man.
don't get much more truthful then this....

well I drove a semi for 30 years and put 2 1/2 million miles in one and I did it alone. been up there many times so I dont think that is an excuse. besides, that is your brothers problem. why not let him do the calling and talking. are you your brothers keeper. I will pray for you son though.

Did you EVER contact this guy during the past year??? Just because he said it could sit there a year he probably didn't think that it was ACTUALLY-LITERALLY going to be there a year!!!!! And HELLO, this is Aug....the end of a year....you should have been getting around to picking it up by this month anyway!!! No, I don't think this guy is out of line to want the car gone. Most guys would get back to get the car quickly so nothing would happen to it....next time "shift up a gear"& get it done!!!

-
Back