Just returned from a 300 mile road trip in the Dart.

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to take the Dart to Waldorf, MD to see some buddies running in the NMCA event. It was a 300 mile round trip. The car did great with the exception on one minor hiccup. The Gen III Hemi's Tstat has a O ring around the stat that fits into the water neck. That O ring split and I was spitting water everywhere. I was about 70 miles from my house at the time too. Lucky for me I just happen to be near a old auto shop that just so happen to be Mopar Nuts and they remembered my car from a car show last month. They had a 360 water neck gasket and some RTV and we went to work.. Very cool of them to lend a hand out to a fellow Mopar Brother.

So back on the road I went. The car averaged 16 MPG @ 70 MPH @ 3000 RPMs. The hottest it got was 201*. Needless to say I was satisfied with the car especially for a 727 three speed and 28" tires. I gotta tell you though... driving that far in a old car is demanding! I'm beat! lol

I bought my car on eBay, sight unseen. Flew up and drove it home 450 miles with no issues. I was amazed that nothing went wrong.

Gotta luv the Mopar community. Buy them guys a case when you get around to it.

Sounds like the car did great over all! That's pretty darn good fuel mileage too. Next month I'm taking the swinger on a 2000 mile road trip. I'm prepping for the worst and hoping for the best lol

Glad to hear your first road trip went well.
So, what did you think of the NMCA event? My club, Inland Mopars, is the Host Car Club for the NMCA event that's going to be held August 18-19 at Pomona here in SoCal. Hoping for a huge car show in addition to the drags on the historic Pomona quartermile.

I just replaced a thermostat on a '06 Commander with 5.7 last week for the very same reason. The new o-ring was black instead of orange.
-Jon

-
Back