K-frame need opinions

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Thanks to all whom can help. I bought this K-frame and just had it blasted. I am concerned about the welds. Some are very smooth and nice and some are down right nasty. Im not sure if this has been apart or do they come this way. Can anyone tell me if these welds are normal. The last picture appears to have a piece of welding rod hanging down. Thanks

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

Yup, That looks about normal.
Nothing says ya can't have the welds touched up if it worries ya though.

Later,
Bruce B.

That's the factory welds believe it or not.....
This is why all of the racers in the day would reweld all of the ugly welds like these, it strengthened up the car immensely!

Looked pretty good compared to some I have had. Check out The Firm Feel web sight. Its not cheap but stronger , True, and looks better.

Thanks to all whom can help. I bought this K-frame and just had it blasted. I am concerned about the welds. Some are very smooth and nice and some are down right nasty. Im not sure if this has been apart or do they come this way. Can anyone tell me if these welds are normal. The last picture appears to have a piece of welding rod hanging down. Thanks

I believe the factory employed specialized pigeons who crapped molten steel in place of actual welders. Then again I've seen bird $hit that looked better than some of the welding I've seen.

I think all K-frames were welded on friday afternoon!!! At least every one i've seen!!! Geof

Ok I guess I should say this is normal? They looked like I welded them! Some spots look normal where others looked like crap. I think I will have it welded to clean it up. Thanks to all whom gave me some info.

One more question. Is there anything I can use to fill in the pitted areas?

-
Back