Karting??..

-
I guess I assumed it ran methanol. If I'm not mistaken, some of the clone classes when I raced ran methanol, but they might have been on pump gas.
Given the very little bit of research I've done I've heard of it but I want to say that's probably done more in world formula which is basically the same motor modified...

Got my new seat in and mountain today...
Got it home and took a few laps around the block until some old lady came running out of her house waving her arms around.. don't worry men I was polite and waved back...:D..
IMG_20201003_172941.jpg

I live very close to the oldest continually running Karting track in the country. I started Karting when I was a kid. Raced Yamaha kt100 and hpv now kpv 100cc karts as well as some 125cc tag karts.

Got my new seat in and mountain today...
Got it home and took a few laps around the block until some old lady came running out of her house waving her arms around.. don't worry men I was polite and waved back...:D..
View attachment 1715606070

Musta been her day for the gardener and was wondering why you were mowing the street instead of her lawn :lol: Jus funnin' ya. You got a place to sit, now it's time to check corner weights.

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=A...ibution//RK=0/RS=EYECgS0uyI7vbgUtT7Ogb49x7cY-

Oh yeah, I ran over a flattened beer can and cought it under my left side gard...
Drug it all of the way home... LOL

Put studs on it, and try it out ice racing.

Kool :steering:Stay outa the marbles on the outside of the corners you should be alright. Rule #1 ... Finish your braking before you enter the corner. Both at the same time, no good, unless you want to get a good face to face look with the driver right behind you as you slide backwards into the weeds :lol: Have Fun!

Let us know how it goes. :steering:
It went well.. definitely going to look at some different tire pressures and definitely a gear change. Kind of going to be another week or two and I'm going to need more equipment. Definitely a rib protector. The G-Force is incredibly strong...
kind of like drag racing it wasn't hitting top RPM at the end of the straight away which was obviously way too high of a gear coming out of the corners...
My helmet hasn't came in yet that I paid for so I did find my first drag racing helmet that I bought at a pawn shop probably untold amount of years ago. Use my old mechanics jacket and I did buy a pair of gloves at a motorcycle shop yesterday...
IMG_20201006_134705.jpg

Also apparently the track doesn't carry a beacon for the mychron 4. Everything has went to mychron 5. I think I'll be able to buy one for like 50 bucks...

It went well.. definitely going to look at some different tire pressures and definitely a gear change. Kind of going to be another week or two and I'm going to need more equipment. Definitely a rib protector. The G-Force is incredibly strong...
kind of like drag racing it wasn't hitting top RPM at the end of the straight away which was obviously way too high of a gear coming out of the corners...
My helmet hasn't came in yet that I paid for so I did find my first drag racing helmet that I bought at a pawn shop probably untold amount of years ago. Use my old mechanics jacket and I did buy a pair of gloves at a motorcycle shop yesterday...
View attachment 1715607976
Nice. Did you enjoy it? Makes me reminisce old karting days.
Also apparently the track doesn't carry a beacon for the mychron 4. Everything has went to mychron 5. I think I'll be able to buy one for like 50 bucks...
They didn't have a transponder you could put on you and record lap times?

Nice. Did you enjoy it? Makes me reminisce old karting days.

They didn't have a transponder you could put on you and record lap times?
Oh yes it was fun I just need to get a few things sorted out and I think it will be a lot more fun. I can see though I would probably like a little bit more acceleration out of the corners... Probably won't be long before I step up to a world formula engine...

-
Back