LA 360 - 0.030" Undersize Main Bearing Clearance Questions

-
I decided to give you guys another chance to understand what I've been saying. Now, concerning the blocks being bored 0.020 from the factory, I simply said that even though I never saw one that it didn't happen as I'm sure that it probably did.

I decided to give you guys another chance to understand what I've been saying. Now, concerning the blocks being bored 0.020 from the factory, I simply said that even though I never saw one that it didn't happen as I'm sure that it probably did.
You are either clueless or a troll or both. I hope for your sake you are a troll
And at this point seeing the things you post, please don't buy an A-Body.
Yea like there is any chance that could happen...........

You are either clueless or a troll or both. I hope for your sake you are a troll
And at this point seeing the things you post, please don't buy an A-Body.
Yea like there is any chance that could happen...........
Answer me this, how can I be clueless when all I said was that I've never seen a block bored 0.020 from the factory doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Is it possible that you don't comprehend what your reading or you read things into what I said that are not there? I'm sure that there were blocks that got bored from the factory and I could give a **** less.

How’s anything that DTM said in the last 10 years and 5 days of being a non mopar ownership expert while being on this forum of mopar owners have any relevance and expert knowledge of what Ma-Mopar did. Seems like all he does is regurgitate what he read in a magazine article written by a mopar owning expert…

How’s anything that DTM said in the last 10 years and 5 days of being a non mopar ownership expert while being on this forum of mopar owners have any relevance and expert knowledge of what Ma-Mopar did. Seems like all he does is regurgitate what he read in a magazine article written by a mopar owning expert…
I've got more knowledge other than mopars. I never specifically said anything directly about mopars but engines in general. Maybe some day you guys will realize that there are other brand names out there besides mopar

I've got more knowledge other than mopars. I never specifically said anything directly about mopars but engines in general. Maybe some day you guys will realize that there are other brand names out there besides mopar
I agree and you are just as clueless about them too.

That's right, you are clueless to what I really know and can do with cars. I don't believe everything that's printed in some manual and sometimes it takes good ol common sense to figure out a problem. I'm thinking that you have a lot of education and that dulled your common sense capability.

Did you celebrate your 10 years of being here on FABO by buying a Abody? Or are you just going to flap your fingers on a key board typing out statements as gospel of DTM while kicking tires and beating your meat in the great flyover state of misery while your old bag is out grocery shopping getting bagged by the produce clerk cus you ain’t the Man….
You can say what you want about me, but don't call my wife names you understand

I have one for you, and don't cheat by looking it up. What is crohn's disease, what is it and how does it affect the body. Remember, don't look it up, that would be cheating.

Why do you guys let "dan the man with no car" hijack everyone's thread? The guy is a troll, he ruined every thread he posts in, and you guys STILL engage him. Put him on ignore like I did, do the site a favor.

Just because someone hasn't had a particular experience with a engine or they have never heard of it doesn't make them clueless. Do you guys even know exactly what the term clueless means? It is a rude,disrespectful term. I don't mean to be disrespectful here to anyone but I think that some people on here have low people skills

Why do you guys let "dan the man with no car" hijack everyone's thread? The guy is a troll, he ruined every thread he posts in, and you guys STILL engage him. Put him on ignore like I did, do the site a favor.
Put me on Ignore, I don't care. I suggest you check out how some of the guys on here have responded, it's not all of my doings. You probably have a lot to learn about life yourself. I always thought good about car clubs and forums but me being on here has proved that theory wrong.

I have a few guys on ignore but honestly I usually read everything our members take time to post. I put a few members on ignore because the got all high and mighty on a post in the general section where they we’re getting on guys for bad spelling and improper grammar. I’m guilty of this manly because I’m usually posting on the run or between projects and 99% on my phone. Lots of times without a pair of bifocals within reach. I usually don’t reread my posts till later then I try to fix the trainwreck after the fact. I blocked these guys so if I see them needing help on a project I let them figure it out on their own. Heck I’ve even had @Newbomb Turk on ignore a time or two. Lol. Not because I think he’s an idiot but because we both kinda know what we are doing but sometimes go about things differently. And he’s as rock-headed as I am. But I do admire the guy and know we could be friends if we lived closer so it’s short lived.

I have a few guys on ignore but honestly I usually read everything our members take time to post. I put a few members on ignore because the got all high and mighty on a post in the general section where they we’re getting on guys for bad spelling and improper grammar. I’m guilty of this manly because I’m usually posting on the run or between projects and 99% on my phone. Lots of times without a pair of bifocals within reach. I usually don’t reread my posts till later then I try to fix the trainwreck after the fact. I blocked these guys so if I see them needing help on a project I let them figure it out on their own. Heck I’ve even had @Newbomb Turk on ignore a time or two. Lol. Not because I think he’s an idiot but because we both kinda know what we are doing but sometimes go about things differently. And he’s as rock-headed as I am. But I do admire the guy and know we could be friends if we lived closer so it’s short lived.

Lololololololololoololol. You ain’t wrong lol.

Well, this definitely went off the rails. I skimmed through everything but didn't see anything that needed to be responded to, so I'll just give an update. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my initial post.

I spent Saturday at the salvage yard in 110 degree heat pulling a crankshaft out of a 5.9 in a 1997 Ram 1500. That was a dirty job and I probably won't do that again lol, at least not in the middle of the summer, but I got a non-cut crankshaft for $45 out of the deal at least. I grabbed the old bearings too so I could at least get an initial measurement before taking it over to my machinist. All of the main journals mic'd right within a couple of ten-thousandths of 2.81 in. and oil clearances (with the old, standard bearings) vary from 0.0025 - 0.0030 in. in my block. Every truck in that place had ~200,000 miles, but the bearings and journals look pretty clean regardless. Even if it needs to go 0.010/0.010, I'll still be in a way better position than I was I think. Going to try to drop it off at my machinist today.

Well, this definitely went off the rails. I skimmed through everything but didn't see anything that needed to be responded to, so I'll just give an update. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my initial post.

I spent Saturday at the salvage yard in 110 degree heat pulling a crankshaft out of a 5.9 in a 1997 Ram 1500. That was a dirty job and I probably won't do that again lol, at least not in the middle of the summer, but I got a non-cut crankshaft for $45 out of the deal at least. I grabbed the old bearings too so I could at least get an initial measurement before taking it over to my machinist. All of the main journals mic'd right within a couple of ten-thousandths of 2.81 in. and oil clearances (with the old, standard bearings) vary from 0.0025 - 0.0030 in. in my block. Every truck in that place had ~200,000 miles, but the bearings and journals look pretty clean regardless. Even if it needs to go 0.010/0.010, I'll still be in a way better position than I was I think. Going to try to drop it off at my machinist today.

So I can say I contributed something I like lots of clearance so when I get a crank cut I tell them to cut .011, .021, .031, etc. if you are a little loose you will know. But if you are a little tight everyone will know.

So I can say I contributed something I like lots of clearance so when I get a crank cut I tell them to cut .011, .021, .031, etc. if you are a little loose you will know. But if you are a little tight everyone will know.

The way they are making bearings today I have to tell them mid size everything.

I used to have to go .001 or a bit more under the low side just top get .0021 on the rods and .0024 on the mains.

Now if I do that I end up with .003 on the rods (or more) and .0033 (or more) on the mains.

The way they are making bearings today I have to tell them mid size everything.

I used to have to go .001 or a bit more under the low side just top get .0021 on the rods and .0024 on the mains.

Now if I do that I end up with .003 on the rods (or more) and .0033 (or more) on the mains.

If you’ve ever noticed I rarely get into discussing my clearances. Lol

Glad you were lucky to get one local and at a good price. Keep us updated.
My U-Pull it days are gone for now. They are all out of them and my job that took me right by them is gone.

Also my apologies for the side tract. Dan just gets me since he gives advise on things he knows nothing about and does it see that as a problem.

-
Back