LA 360 casting number..and has GM accessories???

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys, 2 part question/discovery here..

I figured i'd run the casting number on a 360 engine i just picked up and tore down. It was complete from the thermoquad down, and clutch fan to 727. Got a very nice deal on it since it will be my winter stroker build, i basically only want the block..but a spare trans is nice for basically free.
so to the original question, my block casting number is 4006830-360-5
i see this number NOWHERE online..maybe i'm missing something? i've looked and looked. i keep finding Similar numbers...but nothing exact...anyone care to decode this for me/ point me to a better site than the 20 i've tried..Supposedly...from a 77ish monaco...maybe..lol

2nd part of the discovery..when removing all the smog crap...like the pump, the million vac enhancers and thingamagigs, which all appeared OEM and untouched. I came across not one..but 2 smog pieces stamped CLEARLY with [GM] in a square box...i guess its possible that some delco/gm/whatever emissions equip made it into other makes...just found it kind of funny that GM was clearly stamped right in plain view...usually MFG's try to hide that sort of thing. i bet you will never find a chrysler badge under the hood of a vw routan...or a honda badge underhood of a saturn vue.

ps...if for any reason anyones looking for any of that oem smog stuff...let me know as i have no use for it.

Thanks guys.

hmm woulda never guess a visible chrysler plate on the routan...but not really the point...i was surprised by GM badges on mid 70's chrysler stuff.

but anyways my cast date is 6-7-77
im sure the engines nothing exceptional, just was curious about more info on it.

-
Back