LA versus Gen 3 race

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
Since i'm tired of hearing how great the Gen 3 is i'm proposing a heads up race of 500 dollars or could be more for one of two different race scenario's.......first being ANY Gen 3 factory setup in a modern Charger or Challenger platform 1/8th mile that is full weight with a 10 mile roundtrip cruise first, if deemed necessary, that was put in more for some of my top jealousy fans, and then a best of 3 back to back to back races with zero cool down periods and have to fill your car up with fuel before the drive and can't add anymore until the race aspect is over. Option number 2, which was also thrown at me by my top jealousy fan base is a N/A Gen 3 in an older car that is minimum 3200 lbs with driver and the other details remain the same. Obviously looking for something in the surrounding states of Kansas or Missouri as that would be most feasable but if someone wanted to come to me and drive farther then so be it. I personally feel a worked over N/A LA platform is more than capable and just plain superior to the modern marvel Gen 3 and so that is why I throw this out there. Some details of my truly street/strip car is that it is a stroked N/A small block with W9 heads, 28x10.5 tire and weighs approx. 3350 or more with me in it. Since it's already late in the racing season and winter is almost upon us the race would be held at a mutually agreed time sometime in the spring.

Last edited:
Go on the gen3 Hemi swap page on Facebook and see if you can get some takers.
LOL....it's not that serious....I did this exclusively for my haters of my car on this site and their misguided love in thinking that the G3 is far superior. I put in my initial race criteria that they had to be an already current member on this forum as I suspected someone offended enough may try to round up a ringer, LOL.

N/A I think the LA has an advantage but with boost gen3 is more capable.
I offered up any factory setup in a full weight, street legal and registered modern Challenger or Charger against my N/A setup......I was told that was biased in my favor, LOL

:lol: :popcorn: it's early yet, maybe someone will chime in before spring.
Somehow, I don't think so.

I've got no horse in this race, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this...
You're proposing a 1/8 mile race between
ANY Gen 3 factory setup in a modern Charger or Challenger platform 1/8th mile that is full weight
which is anywhere between 347 and 390 cubic inches, with a curb weight between 43 and 46 hundred pounds (minus driver), and a 2.62-3.09 rear gear; versus a
stroked N/A small block with W9 heads, 28x10.5 tire and weighs approx. 3350 or more with me in it.
"worked over" 416 LA with unknown gears?

Seems to me if you wanted to prove a point about platforms (A body/LA vs. LX/Gen III) you would pick the theoretically best factory-produced N.A. variants (no Mr. Norm's Paxton Demons, no Hellcats) with the best factory-offered gears and tires. THAT would be interesting.
To say that
a worked over N/A LA platform is more than capable and just plain superior to the modern marvel Gen 3
just sounds kind of ludicrous- you're trying to compare apples to oranges.
That's like saying if a "worked over" flathead Ford can outperform a factory 273, it's a better platform than the LA.

which is anywhere between 347 and 390 cubic inches, with a curb weight between 43 and 46 hundred pounds (minus driver), and a 2.62-3.09 rear gear; versus a

Seems to me if you wanted to prove a point about platforms (A body/LA vs. LX/Gen III) you would pick the theoretically best factory-produced N.A. variants (no Mr. Norm's Paxton Demons, no Hellcats) with the best factory-offered gears and tires. THAT would be interesting.
To say that

That's like saying if a "worked over" flathead Ford can outperform a factory 273, it's a better platform than the LA.
The small cubic inches as you described are also power adder vehicles and I was told multiple times in another thread as to how superior they are to any LA platform so I just threw this out there to prove a point of which I will if there end up being any takers.

To say that

Not my fault they are overweight pigs......that still doesn't stop the worshipers of the modern marvel G3 from running their mouths about how great they are.

To say that

How so is my comparison ridiculous? I think i'm being generous running N/A against supercharged quote unquote super cars and then I also said I would do N/A to N/A G3 if it was in a older muscle car era vehicle so again is it my fault that nobody can build or has a street legal badass N/A G3 hemi that would be competitive? I don't think so......

To say that

don't try and make sense of it, for it shall only drive you to insanity.

here's the background of the supposed "challenge" The end is near...

it's all there: grim conviction of superioriority, chest thumping, moving goal posts, governmental conspiracies, self identification, walking back statements, absolute refusal to carry on an intelligent and thoughtful conversation, denial when presented facts, deflections when pressed on issues or presented with facts, ruffled feathers, conspiracy theories, sour grapes and total insanity.

well worth the read.

it's all there: grim conviction of superioriority, chest thumping, moving goal posts, governmental conspiracies, self identification, walking back statements, absolute refusal to carry on an intelligent and thoughtful conversation, denial when presented facts, deflections when pressed on issues or presented with facts, ruffled feathers, conspiracy theories, sour grapes and total insanity.

well worth the read.
Spoiler alert!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never said that. Your words, not mine.
I'm not slamming your idea, just pointing out a fairer comparison.
Don't get me wrong, I love LAs. Just think there's better ways to compare the two.
I'm all ears....lets hear your "fair" race suggestion

well worth the read.
Yeah, I tend to bail on threads when they get too far out there. I'd join N&P if I was looking for that.

I'm all ears....lets hear your "fair" race suggestion
Did you read my post?

Okay. A 1000 hp hellcrate in a dart, same weight as your barracuda.
Also a puchased motor in a light car.
Nope you don't get to cherry pick but hate to tell you but it would be a lot closer than you might be thinking and I would still bet on myself.

Yeah, I tend to bail on threads when they get too far out there. I'd join N&P if I was looking for that.
I'll spare you the argle-bargle, then. basically it's a bunch of blow hard nonsense from the exit end of a horse.

guy has a nice fast car sets up a race to prove in his mind the superiority of an older engine design. throws down the gauntlet and then when called to floor back tracks the statements, moves the goal posts and then gets huffy and retorts with the usual blustery narrative and the cherry of top of I'm better, smarter and more handsome than all you knuckle draggers anyway, nobody here can even carry my jockstrap.

that's the readers digest version.

I'll spare you the argle-bargle, then. basically it's a bunch of blow hard nonsense from the exit end of a horse.

guy has a nice fast car sets up a race to prove in his mind the superiority of an older engine design. throws down the gauntlet and then when called to floor back tracks the statements, moves the goal posts and then gets huffy and retorts with the usual blustery narrative and the cherry of top of I'm better, smarter and more handsome than all you knuckle draggers anyway, nobody here can even carry my jockstrap.

Hmmm any examples of how I changed up the initial race criteria because to be factual I actually added the N/A to N/A part to appease some other people when they mentioned what about G3 in older cars.

It would be less typing for you if you just came out and said I have nothing for this guy's car so I will just try to run him down instead with lies and BS

Hmmm any examples of how I changed up the initial race criteria because to be factual I actually added the N/A to N/A part to appease some other people when they mentioned what about G3 in older cars.
I wasn't addressing you, I was answering another members question. please go sit back down in the back of the class and raise your hand if you'd like to be called on.

-
Back