Ladies and Gentleman, we have color

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
just got done shooting the engine bay, trunk area, door jambs, hinges and bolts for the hinges and doors. Y4- Spanish Gold. what does it look like to you.

Attachments

• DSC07917.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC07913.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC07915.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC07916.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC07912.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC07911.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC07914.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 517
That looks great! A hell of a lot better than I can do.

thanks, now we can do the bottom of the trunk, hood, inside the doors. Put it all back together and do the outside of the body. Then re assemble the car again.

looks great. Gold is always on my list of colors that I love.

What brand of paint did you use and how much is a gallon of the gold. I had a gold 71 cuda in high school and am considering painting my just purchased 71 Barracuda the same color.
Thanks,
Rod

A golden glow! Nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great, like the gold! How cold is it where your at and if you had to heat how did you go about it. What type of paint did you use? looks like you painted it at your garage. Did you make any kind of both with plastic? Im gonna be doing this sometime before may and was just wondering what issues you may have encountered this time of the year.
Thanks
Rod

went with a different paint and clear around coat this time. Base coat brand was Pro spray PSRBM1-GL. Retails for $727 a gallon. our cost was $354 a gallon. Clear coat was Amtech 600. It lays down real good. Temperature here at time of painting was upper 30's. Painted it in the garage. No plastic. We have the garage set up with a 3500 CFM exhaust fan at one end of the garage and open up vent at the other end to allow all the fumes, overspray to exit during spraying. as far as heat goes, believe it or not is just a 25000 BTU kerosene heater. Once the garage is heated it stays warm enough to do the garage. Before painting is done, garage floor is swept and then vacuumed with a shop vac to make sure all dust particles are up. then we go in and wet down the floor. once the exhaust fan is turned on,open the vent on the other end and let it run a few minutes and its ready to shoot. There is no particles in the clear at all. We have painted a lot of cars in there.

I know, I have stuff to do to the other 2 before October too. guess I better get er done huh.

how cold did the garage get while painting, did you leave the kerosene heater operating during the process? I get nervous just spraying small stuff during the winter.
Thanks
Rod

heater was on during the painting. it didn't cool down much at all. we do this all the time. if you can usually be comfortable in a t shirt while painting, its fine.

Kuda, whole car has not been painted yet. Just the engine bay, trunk area and door jambs. We wanted to take it apart and do the pieces that is on the inside first. Next, we are going to do the underside of the deck lid, underside of the hood, inside of the doors where it meets the rubbers. Then we are going to put the doord, trunk lid, hood back on and paint the whole outside of the car and wont have to do the underside and inside of the components. but here is a couple pics of the whole car before painting.

Attachments

• DSC07895.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC07892.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC07893.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC07894.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 257
-
Back