Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
So I'm thinking of going to look at a 2003 Ram 1500 4x4 tomorrow. Truck has 110k miles on it, 5.7 hemi, seller says it has a ticking noise and a misfire code on cyl 6. Anyone have any tips or ideas, suggestions, etc? Asking price seems pretty good, it's a club cab model, looks pretty straight and rust free.
Good chance the cam is toast. If u can pop the passenger side valve cover off and watch the #6 rocker arm you can determine if the lift is ok compared to the others. Key off, remove the starter relay and jump it to crank without starting. Other common issues are broken exhaust manifold bolts, frt axle shaft splines stripping and hvac doors breaking.

Being a 2003 it won't have MDS so will be a hog on gas. The older Hemi's had a problem with the camshaft so I've been told but can't confirm that. If you can get it for the right price that's great. Will you be keeping it or just flipping it?
Depending on what I have to pay for it and how much it work it needs, just a bit leery after the **** show I had with the Magnum I bought a few years back. I don't need another vehicle, but if it is in decent shape and the price is good.......maybe.

Depending on what I have to pay for it and how much it work it needs, just a bit leery after the **** show I had with the Magnum I bought a few years back. I don't need another vehicle, but if it is in decent shape and the price is good.......maybe.
My R/T magnum had 104,000km on it when I sold and worked like a dream. I loved that car but wanted the Cuda.
DSC02621.JPG
DSC05321.JPG

Well we did a major clean up inside today. Tomorrow I may steam clean the carpets and furniture. Nice day for a walk but there was a cold North wind but still was good.

I have always liked the look of the Magnum
Yeah I also think Magnums were a great looking car, mine was an 05 R/T, dropped the transmission at 160km, and I was quoted 6k for a rebuild. I put a used one in and it was $1800.00. I had already done front end, brakes and most of the sensors by then.

Yeah I also think Magnums were a great looking car, mine was an 05 R/T, dropped the transmission at 160km, and I was quoted 6k for a rebuild. I put a used one in and it was $1800.00. I had already done front end, brakes and most of the sensors by then.
I heard the transmissions and steering were bad points in those. I might buy one and piss everyone off and put an LS in it. lmao

Mine was an 06 so very little difference. My buddy still has his 05 and the same colour as mine. Did you know the tranny's are Mercedes AMG's or that is what I was told and believe to be true. No wonder they are so expensive

I heard the transmissions and steering were bad points in those. I might buy one and piss everyone off and put an LS in it. lmao
I had to replace the lower control arm on mine as it was noisy. The standard Magnum you could replace just the bushings but the R/T you had to buy the whole control arm.

This was a couple of years ago when this car first came out.
The newer ones are even faster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on.

20210116_143714.jpg
Youngest grand girl at her first birthday having some cake and lucky me no one got a picture of me eating cake. I looked worse than her. lol
-720617660520294277.jpg
This is the girl after 2 hours old. with an attitude.

Morning Fred... we had some snow overnight but just a slight dusting. The sky was red though so never know what's in store.
We got a dusting as well but no sun yet.
My son and his girl friend are here and when they get up gonna make them fix breakfast. lol

-
Back