Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning fellas. Dull and overcast morning but will change soon.
Saw this on the news last night. Can you imagine?
A father is facing charges of impaired driving and child endangerment after his 12-year-old son was spotted driving a car while he was in the passenger seat, York Regional Police say.

In a video released on Twitter Friday morning, investigators overlay a 911 call about the incident with dashcam footage shot on May 1.

In it, a caller tells the operator that the car ahead of him almost caused two accidents, and that when he pulled up next to it, there was a boy driving the car.

"I go, 'How old are you?' and he goes, 'Uh, 12,'" the caller said, adding that he believed his father was drunk in the passenger seat.

"This was crazy. I've never seen this in my life," the caller said.

Video of the incident show police stopping the car and administering a roadside sobriety test before arresting the man.

"He may have saved lives," police said of the caller.

Sorry I can't post the video.
At 12 years old my Dad had me drive a significant amount on a trip to the Regina area. My Moms Dad had died and Dad was working two jobs and was dead tired. He put me in the drivers seat, reached his left foot over to my right foot and slammed the pedal to the metal. Got me up to about 100 KM per hour and fell asleep. I just kept driving. We were on the Trans Canada Highway. I don't remember being "tought" to drive. Seems like I always drove. As a matter of fact, I drove to drivers education classes. LOL

That should be a fun one to finish up. What color will it be?
Kind of a medium red. Pushing toward the darker side and a little orange. Its a Cadillac color. The shitty part ( and I tried to talk him out of it) is a black two tone from the door handles up on the cab. Gonna put the break right in the curve of the body line which puts a line across the front of the hood. No pin stripe as of yet.

At 12 years old my Dad had me drive a significant amount on a trip to the Regina area. My Moms Dad had died and Dad was working two jobs and was dead tired. He put me in the drivers seat, reached his left foot over to my right foot and slammed the pedal to the metal. Got me up to about 100 KM per hour and fell asleep. I just kept driving. We were on the Trans Canada Highway. I don't remember being "tought" to drive. Seems like I always drove. As a matter of fact, I drove to drivers education classes. LOL
First time I remember driving I was 10 years old. My old man took me out to the floodway, south of Winnipeg. He got out and took our black lab for a walk, told me to stay on the upper level and go drive along the dirt trails, and he would be back in about 45 minutes. We had a 1971 Mercury Meteor at the time, and that was pretty much how I learned to drive. By the time I was 12 or 13 I was going to the store by myself on weekends and sometimes I drove home when he had been drinking. I drove about halfway from Winnipeg to Montreal and back when I was around 14. Got my license on my 16th birthday, even drove to the testing center.

First time I remember driving I was 10 years old. My old man took me out to the floodway, south of Winnipeg. He got out and took our black lab for a walk, told me to stay on the upper level and go drive along the dirt trails, and he would be back in about 45 minutes. We had a 1971 Mercury Meteor at the time, and that was pretty much how I learned to drive. By the time I was 12 or 13 I was going to the store by myself on weekends and sometimes I drove home when he had been drinking. I drove about halfway from Winnipeg to Montreal and back when I was around 14. Got my license on my 16th birthday, even drove to the testing center.
Ours was a 1969 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon with a 400 ci engine. Dad gave me that car. In a round about way, I traded that car for the Barracuda I have today.

Ours was a 1969 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon with a 400 ci engine. Dad gave me that car. In a round about way, I traded that car for the Barracuda I have today.
And someday soon I hope to see that Fish on the road. :)

And someday soon I hope to see that Fish on the road. :)
Me too. Just bought some new pushrods for it. The ones that are in it are too long and I shimmed the rocker shafts to accommodate them. I made the shims out of washers and caused a huge oil pressure leak within the system which in turn galled up the rocker tips pretty good. Should be able to save the rockers. They are adjustable off of the original 273.
I'm really torn between rebuilding some J heads or buying aftermarket.

Gotta go guys. My 80 year old buddy needs help getting his lawn tractor going. Have a great day. Cold here but the sun is trying to shine.

639_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=4GbKi2pAtsoAX-X_SHM&_nc_ht=scontent.fbis1-1.jpg
This would be fun to build. lol

Me too. Just bought some new pushrods for it. The ones that are in it are too long and I shimmed the rocker shafts to accommodate them. I made the shims out of washers and caused a huge oil pressure leak within the system which in turn galled up the rocker tips pretty good. Should be able to save the rockers. They are adjustable off of the original 273.
I'm really torn between rebuilding some J heads

buy aftermarket with out loads of work and money they still probably won’t flow as good as aftermarket. I’m running stock 273 rockers on a cower flat tappet performs well

Good morning ,yes I was 9 or 10 my dad tought me to drive the truck and camper out on the logging roads , his theory was if he ever got hurt he needed me to drive us out of the bush . Now I do remember being way younger than that and steering well I sat on his lap . And riding in the box with other kids good times ! God forbid you did that now

Funny story when covid hit my wife would pick me up from work and I’d ride in the pickup box home from work , still love it !

Tar the valley, slap on a ridgecap and were done!

Then I can move on to the shed that is in the shade, hooray

20210522_122315.jpg

20210522_122307.jpg

-
Back