Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Ya had two guy’s standing on the street discussing my dart commenting on the dings and scratches and such. Stood there and listened for a while then took the keys out of my pocket walked to my car and said pretty nice for 48 year old original paint eh ( that’s Canadian for huh) both their mouths hung open. I smiled and drove away
Amen brother..

I agree it's like my old truck I think it is perfect just the way it is and almost 100 years old I'd have to say it looks great.
Been a bodyman to long though and when something is restored to perfection and is a trailer Queen I have this bad habit of trying to find something wrong with it and if I do find a flaw I keep my mouth shut because It's not mine to pick apart it's just me checking out another's body and paint work.
I don't understand a Trailer Queen. Ok if you build it to show is one thing but after that drive the wheels off it instead of in a garage collecting dust. I don't drive mine in the rain but other than that it's out every chance I get. It's a long winter!!

Exactly what I do or learn some new ideas.
The ones I might have to say something to are the guys showing off there car and saying how it's the best in the whole car show and they didn't do a thing to build there car just spent tons of money on it and then putting down someones car that the guy did all the work himself on a shoe string budget.
Lucky me I don't see that to often but it sure rubs me the wrong way.
Exactly, if people ask me if I built my Cuda I say no it was built by So and So. I'll take the credit for the condition it's in but not for building it. Why lie to people to make yourself look good as you'll get found out in the long run anyway.

28 and sunny and humid this afternoon and bit of a lazy day but did manage to down a Crown and coke though. Wife and I sat and relaxed on the deck with a nice breeze.

Exactly, if people ask me if I built my Cuda I say no it was built by So and So. I'll take the credit for the condition it's in but not for building it. Why lie to people to make yourself look good as you'll get found out in the long run anyway.
Nothing wrong in buying one already done the fact is you know your car and you drive it and your a nice guy and take care of it because you know how.

Did my MPG on my trip to Fargo and being a good white boy and keeping my speed to Fargo at 65 MPH I got 16.5 MPG.
On the way home I turned into a dirty white boy and passed a few butt heads I think I avraged about 10 MPG. lol

upload_2022-7-17_16-43-43.jpeg

Did my MPG on my trip to Fargo and being a good white boy and keeping my speed to Fargo at 65 MPH I got 16.5 MPG.
On the way home I turned into a dirty white boy and passed a few butt heads I think I avraged about 10 MPG. lol
That’s pretty good considering it’s 408 in.³ and 500 hp

My 3.7 Dakota gets not much better than that . And it’s kinda gutless really 3.92 rear gear still a slug but it’s paid for so I just drive it .

My 3.7 Dakota gets not much better than that . And it’s kinda gutless really 3.92 rear gear still a slug but it’s paid for so I just drive it .
Ya you can buy a lot of gas for the price of a new supposedly more efficient vehicle. What gets me is the fact that you lose 1/3 of the value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

16.5 sure beats my 13 any day. Thinking maybe put some taller tires on it instead of the 45 series low profile on it now. Probably make it ride better too. I can feel every pebble it seems

Ya you can buy a lot of gas for the price of a new supposedly more efficient vehicle. What gets me is the fact that you lose 1/3 of the value as soon as you drive it off the lot.
That's why I never buy brand new. Maybe a year old and not hurt yet

That’s pretty good considering it’s 408 in.³ and 500 hp
My buddy has the same set up as yours and put a 5 speed in it and gets 19mpg. 535 Hp.
Had it on a dyno a couple of months ago and the guy said "Holy crap, who built this motor" lol

Fred is it as hot in your neck of the woods as it is here wheeww flat temperature was around 37 C humidex was about 44C. I was sweating buckets just standing there. When it gets cold you can always put more clothes on. But in the heat you can only that so much off. Then you have a small rain shower, then the sun comes out and you par boil. Huh just like summer time should be.

Morning guys and Happy Monday.
Been raining most of the night and no sign of letting up.
It's a beautiful rain, not pounding down but at a nice rate. We need this really badly as the grass is now turning brown. I'm sure the farmers will love it.
My son is in Daytona for a week and today he goes Shark fishing. Tomorrow he goes swimming with them. More guts than me for sure and I'd stay in the cage but not him.

Morning guys and Happy Monday.
Been raining most of the night and no sign of letting up.
It's a beautiful rain, not pounding down but at a nice rate. We need this really badly as the grass is now turning brown. I'm sure the farmers will love it.
My son is in Daytona for a week and today he goes Shark fishing. Tomorrow he goes swimming with them. More guts than me for sure and I'd stay in the cage but not him.
You could take some of the rain from here, I was checking for webs between toes this morning

Yea same here my daily driver isn't the best on fuel but like you said it's paid for.

Last edited:
-
Back