Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Looks good Fred

1702626269002.gif

Well my intake on the daily cracked so I was up till early this morning changing it. I bought the one on it back in 2017 and Autozone warranted it thankfully. I took a personal day off work because of it and today it is in the 50`s so I got the tires aired on the plow truck and brought it up to the barn to get it ready. I will probably get the loader running and fill some holes in the drive with gravel also.

Well my intake on the daily cracked so I was up till early this morning changing it. I bought the one on it back in 2017 and Autozone warranted it thankfully. I took a personal day off work because of it and today it is in the 50`s so I got the tires aired on the plow truck and brought it up to the barn to get it ready. I will probably get the loader running and fill some holes in the drive with gravel also.
Think it would have taken me a few days to figure out the problem and another few days to get the parts.

Think it would have taken me a few days to figure out the problem and another few days to get the parts.
25 year old car and that is when they started plastic intakes. They crack and leak coolant near the thermostat at around 100 thou miles. This is again why I wont buy newer cars they are made to throw away after 100 thou miles.

25 year old car and that is when they started plastic intakes. They crack and leak coolant near the thermostat at around 100 thou miles. This is again why I wont buy newer cars they are made to throw away after 100 thou miles.
Plastic parts on an engine doesn't make any sense to me.

Federally mandated fuel consumption has created some good and not so good scenarios.
Makes you wonder. How much fuel did we save by building a lite weight part made from petroleum products that fail and need to be re-produced.

Makes you wonder. How much fuel did we save by building a lite weight part made from petroleum products that fail and need to be re-produced.
Not about saving energy I think it's more of a control thing but just my opinion. And big companies making money by screwing the little guy that works for a living. Just my opinion really don't have anything to back my opinion up.

Not about saving energy I think it's more of a control thing but just my opinion. And big companies making money by screwing the little guy that works for a living. Just my opinion really don't have anything to back my opinion up.
Well, I think there is a lot of influence as to how things happen. Just look at the Montana, Idaho border.

4th spoiler done and used gelcoat on this one then when it was about cured brushed some Polyurethane resin over that and when it was about cured did the 4 layers of resin and woven cloth and just pulled it off the mold. Took an extra 2 hours but turned out about as close to perfect as I have done so far. No defects that I can find yet.

IMG_20231215_192726363 (1).jpg

4th spoiler done and used gelcoat on this one then when it was about cured brushed some Polyurethane resin over that and when it was about cured did the 4 layers of resin and woven cloth and just pulled it off the mold. Took an extra 2 hours but turned out about as close to perfect as I have done so far. No defects that I can find yet.

View attachment 1716178906
Close to perfect has to be pretty damned good. Aint nothing perfect. Well one is.

Close to perfect has to be pretty damned good. Aint nothing perfect. Well one is.
Yea I know that for sure but as perfect as I can get being an old fart and living in a world that we as people ruined the perfect part.
Yea it turned out pretty good.

Yea I know that for sure but as perfect as I can get being an old fart and living in a world that we as people ruined the perfect part.
Yea it turned out pretty good.
If we could always be strong, why would we need him???? His power is made perfect in our weakness.

If we could always be strong, why would we need him???? His power is made perfect in our weakness.
The bible is a real sore subject for me Charlie and yes I do believe but really had some bad experiences dealing with church going people so best for me not to expand on any conversation about God.
Could talk about the weather though. :thumbsup:

The bible is a real sore subject for me Charlie and yes I do believe but really had some bad experiences dealing with church going people so best for me not to expand on any conversation about God.
Could talk about the weather though. :thumbsup:
Id rather talk about Mopars. :) 18436572. Made a trip to the machine shop yesterday. Delivered the oil pump shaft and bushing. They told me the main caps were all jacked up. Showed me the looseness. These guys a learning me things I never heard of. They know their stuff.

Last edited:
-
Back