Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
What are you using for oil, grade, viscosity, conventional or synthetic? I would change it first before getting concerned about what the pressure is. Unless it's over 100 psi it should not be a problem. Tell us more.

What are you using for oil, grade, viscosity, conventional or synthetic? I would change it first before getting concerned about what the pressure is. Unless it's over 100 psi it should not be a problem. Tell us more.
Thats the thing..i dont know what the psi is based on the limited info as per my gauges...10w30 conventional. i have had this issue for a few years now. it hasn't been climbing and remained stable for a few years ( at that reading).. when i punch it, the gauge doesn't move.

Thats the thing..i dont know what the psi is based on the limited info as per my gauges...10w30 conventional. i have had this issue for a few years now. it hasn't been climbing and remained stable for a few years ( at that reading).. when i punch it, the gauge doesn't move.
This is my brother's 68 Dart GT, mild 318, mileage unknown. Mechanical gauge, with engine at normal operating temperature, and factory style gauge in the rallye dash cluster.
20240720_131535.jpg
20240720_131545.jpg

On cold starts the mechanical gauge will show about 70 to 75 psi. Conventional 10W30 oil.
To answer your original question, no, I don't think it is high.

This is my brother's 68 Dart GT, mild 318, mileage unknown. Mechanical gauge, with engine at normal operating temperature, and factory style gauge in the rallye dash cluster.
View attachment 1716304467View attachment 1716304468
On cold starts the mechanical gauge will show about 70 to 75 psi. Conventional 10W30 oil.
To answer your original question, no, I don't think it is high.
that is the exact gauge that is on my 70..one notch to the right of the centre line is where it sits....power is still there . regardless of the amount i have driven it over the past three years, i think an oil change is due before i put her away anyway..thanx for your help

I use the brand name Driven 10/40, that oil has all the lubricating metals in it. Needed for a flat tappet cam. The Dart starts cold at around 80 psi when it gets to operating temperature it runs down the road at 3000 rpm at 40 psi. About the paint peeling my friend wanted more oil pressure so he add a thin washer behind the cotter pin on the oil pump relief spring used a 1/2 drill to prime pump. Started engine reved a bit shut it off. I looked under car for leaks and saw a chunk of white paint. It came off the oil filter. He said it buried the oil pressure gauge

I use the brand name Driven 10/40, that oil has all the lubricating metals in it. Needed for a flat tappet cam. The Dart starts cold at around 80 psi when it gets to operating temperature it runs down the road at 3000 rpm at 40 psi. About the paint peeling my friend wanted more oil pressure so he add a thin washer behind the cotter pin on the oil pump relief spring used a 1/2 drill to prime pump. Started engine reved a bit shut it off. I looked under car for leaks and saw a chunk of white paint. It came off the oil filter. He said it buried the oil pressure gauge

i use GTX brand....this is what i used in my old motorcycle racing days, so i stuck with it on my dart.

I had a chebbie that the oil pump relief spring was stuck. It would blow the oil filter gasket when you revved it up. Changed the oil filter three times before I figured it out. If it aint leaking, I think you are good to go.

Question Does anyone know what this plug is? It’s located behind the power brake booster. Can’t remember for the life of me. 39 years is a long time
IMG_2427.jpeg

it appears to go no where?
Goes into the main harness but I obviously jumped a terminal and it’s one of kind on the car and can’t seem to find where it would connect to. Really short wires on it. Thinking maybe the ignition interlock system. Thought the red connector would tip someone off as to what it was

Goes into the main harness but I obviously jumped a terminal and it’s one of kind on the car and can’t seem to find where it would connect to. Really short wires on it. Thinking maybe the ignition interlock system. Thought the red connector would tip someone off as to what it was
Mine has a 30 fuse in it it goes to main fuse panel

744837FD-48CE-4ED0-B515-21681605A69D.jpeg

I think cutting it flush on the bottom of the MOPAR will look better too. :thumbsup:
Worked on this today. Owner didn't want to spend a pile of money fixing it he just wanted it to look better. So a cheap pound the **** out of it and a few pushes with a porter power and a bit better.

IMG_20240911_162038946_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20240917_174930890_HDR.jpg

-
Back