Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
1726641853622.jpeg

hmmm...battery on the dart left me stranded sat at the Milton car show.. Got it boosted and was on my way. i checked the battery and it now reads 15 volts. Too high...can anyone tell me where in the hell is the voltage reg. i would think it would be attached to the firewall...Is it true that it will be behind the dash? ...i haven't checked the Alternator as of yet. what should the reading be on the Alt. The battery status looks good when the key is not in 12v. the car sits @ 15v even when the choke is set and she simmers down to 1500 rpms

hmmm...battery on the dart left me stranded sat at the Milton car show.. Got it boosted and was on my way. i checked the battery and it now reads 15 volts. Too high...can anyone tell me where in the hell is the voltage reg. i would think it would be attached to the firewall...Is it true that it will be behind the dash? ...i haven't checked the Alternator as of yet. what should the reading be on the Alt. The battery status looks good when the key is not in 12v. the car sits @ 15v even when the choke is set and she simmers down to 1500 rpms
Voltage regulator should be on the firewall and the alternator should read 14.5. Probably would be 15 volts when first started to build the battery back up. Could be wrong on that.

Voltage regulator should be on the firewall and the alternator should read 14.5. Probably would be 15 volts when first started to build the battery back up. Could be wrong on that.
i'll have to look again..reading things on the net and they are saying it is behind the instrument cluster..that cant be right

i'll have to look again..reading things on the net and they are saying it is behind the instrument cluster..that cant be right
I think you are mixing up the voltage regulator with a ammeter shunt. What year?
Over charging most common problem is high resistance in the voltage regulating circuit.

Slowly getting my power draw nailed down. Got the dash out disconnected the amp gauge and bolted the 3 engine compartment wires together everything is good. Only a couple circuits left to check. Or it’s the amp meter itself.

My cousin sent me a birthday gift today. The glass has a bullet molded in it and the horn is off his Road Runner and is original and still works. Putting the horn on my Scamp and my new drinking glass. :thumbsup:

IMG_20240918_093955336_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240918_093947282_HDR.jpg

-
Back