Late 70s, early 80s "must haves"

-
A 8-track player, reverb unit, Big Brother and the Holding Company and Jimi Hendrix tapes, Boones Farm Strawberry wine and a 5 finger bag with some wrinkled left handed cigarettes in it!

A 8-track player, reverb unit, Big Brother and the Holding Company and Jimi Hendrix tapes, Boones Farm Strawberry wine and a 5 finger bag with some wrinkled left handed cigarettes in it!

Boones Farm? Your *** musta been rich. I could only afford Mogan-David. You know, cheep ****.

hey , 200s american racing equip mags and raised white letters ect...
DSC07836.JPG
DSC07835.JPG

Some of us have had this Mopar bug for a looooong time. Haha. Ya'll are killin me. Had a 71 Charger in high school 78-81. Had most all that **** at one time or another. Couldn't afford Jensen I had Audiovox triax's. Aluminum slots with N50s. Poor 318 had a hard time spinning them so I re routed my windshield washer to point at the back tires for some killer burnouts. Who had a severely dented header tube? You know what I mean??????

Man, what about baby moons, dice door lock knobs, graphic equalizer, door mounted speakers, 10-4 good buddy, wolfman Jack sideburns, don't get me started on tube tops, hip huggers and hot pants. Those package tray mounted speakers would hinge up to allow access to the trunk and the vent door could hide a 6 pack. Oops did I say that?
No side burns! But everything else... and I loved the ladies wear!!!
So who came first...THRUSH woody wood pecker OR MR. HORSEPOWER woody wood pecker??

View attachment 1715081369 View attachment 1715081368

I ordered one of these to put on my Barracuda but once it arrived and my wife saw it, she was so upset that I would put a sticker like that on my car that I had to leave it on the shelf. I thought it was cool, she thought it was very vulgar and totally unacceptable.
I explained to her that everybody used stickers like this one (and worse) in the 60s.....the more I talked the angrier she got...and as we all know, If momma ain't happy nobody's happy!!!

View attachment 1715081375

Treblig
Yea! Ya might wanna be careful on that one!
My youth and teenage years....
Oh hell yea... hell yea...

Or the chrome headlight brows?

mrg-9650.jpg
. Or grounding straps, ones I remember just had big lightning bolts on em.

Last edited:
In south Florida everybody had Moroso valve covers and a big Moroso sticker on the back window.
MorosoLOGO_0.png

What a cool pic. Is that you?

Japp 1976 or so... NATO soldier took this car to Germany. Than came to Sweden.´71
340 4-speed car. Here just in new colors. Sold it for a LO wannabe project...
this is the only pic I have of it in original color.
20160612_103820[1]MyDuster.jpg

Raised white letter tires (and, for mid 80s, mount the letters inboard so you're showing blackwalls :))

Mallory dual point distributor (with an extra set of points in the glove box for when they fail)

Chrome open element air cleaner

My buddy wants to change the high beams on his 66 Coronet over to amber lenses because that's what all the racers did back in the day.

-
Back