Late model power steering

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Any know what later model power steering gear box that will work on a early a body (64) Valiant. I have a manual grear box now.

Interchange is '62-'72 A- and B-body. If you are converting to power steering and can come up with the money, your result will be very much better if you buy a reworked box from Firm Feel or Steer and Gear, set up for firmer response than the stock "pinkie finger" numb/disconnected-feeling unit.

Thanks Dan. Will I need to change the steering column too?

You can just change the shaft and the coupler instead of the whole column.

Well if it was still mine i would not do it thats just more stuff to leak and go bad but its ur ride man .. i will help ya

Cliff, you getting tired of MS. I'm right with you. I won't drive these cars with out PS. I've had had two with Ms and I won't do anymore. If you had a 67 up I got a column I'd give you.

Cliff, you getting tired of MS. I'm right with you. I won't drive these cars with out PS. I've had had two with Ms and I won't do anymore. If you had a 67 up I got a column I'd give you.

Thanks, my back and legs give me limited movement so some changes for my car is in order. It's easy to drive but not when stopped.

cliff i can tell u how i drove her .. u always have to be rolling man but i hear ya with u cant do it any more

Yeah Asa I need to make it easier to drive for me including the brakes.

I used to have a bigblock 4-spd MS when I was younger and talk about a bear to drive,and you just don't have a chance now adays with these young kids flying around
texting.

I used to have a bigblock 4-spd MS when I was younger and talk about a bear to drive,and you just don't have a chance now adays with these young kids flying around
texting.

Yeah that is true so better steering and brakes are the first things to change.

You can shorten your existing shaft, and use a Borgeson U joint for a coupling.

They have a special joint with the .625 "Chrysler" spline on one end, and a 3/4" double "D" bore on the other. You just need 2 flats on the steering shaft (after you shorten it) for the Borgeson joint. Really takes the slop out of things.

B.

You can shorten your existing shaft, and use a Borgeson U joint for a coupling.

They have a special joint with the .625 "Chrysler" spline on one end, and a 3/4" double "D" bore on the other. You just need 2 flats on the steering shaft (after you shorten it) for the Borgeson joint. Really takes the slop out of things.

B.

Ok Thanks I will search for it.

Shame a 75 /6 power steering can't be made to work... I think you know where to find one about 100 feet from where I am sitting. Here is some food for thought... If you can use the completer assembly including the drag link, tie rods, steering gear box of a 68 biscut K-Frame on a 73 up spool K-Frame why can't you go the other way with the complete assembly?

Shame a 75 /6 power steering can't be made to work... I think you know where to find one about 100 feet from where I am sitting. Here is some food for thought... If you can use the completer assembly including the drag link, tie rods, steering gear box of a 68 biscut K-Frame on a 73 up spool K-Frame why can't you go the other way with the complete assembly?

Good question why wouldn't a later K-Frame work?

-
Back