Lawsuit anyone?

-
Well educate a mug. What's so important about volume? Isn't port flow much more important? Or more accurately asked...."what" you need to be paying attention to?

Port size affects air speed. You have to manage the speed of the air. If the port is too small you can’t control the air speed especially around the short turn.

Plus, you have to have enough port size to feed the valve/bowl. 9 times out of 10 when you see a head break over and lose flow on the bench it’s because port can’t feed the bowl and valve size, the air speed goes through the roof and whamo, you get the break over.

Exactly.
If I wanted to deal with a 'here today n gone tomorrow' shyster, I'd go to a supermarket parking lot and buy from the guy with the van full of designer speakers..

Speedmaster does not stand behind their products. I hope the entire muscle car community buys elsewhere. This isn't canceling either, they fkn lie about their products and send you garbage 2nds and 3rds even. They would box up a ******* dead rat right off the rack and send it to you based on the fact I got two different looking 'dimensional diffs' heads. Unreal...
The only thing I will buy from them is the bare aluminum heads on black Friday. If edelbrock would get some competitive pricing on their bare heads I wouldn't even buy the sm heads. After the shipping/ordering debacle I got into the last time that's the only thing tempting enough to bite on.

I have Speedmaster's Australian catalog. PCE281.1773 is listed as being for 2.2/2.5L 4 cyl engines.

I have never been able to deal with higher than Jason M.
He claims the claim was rejected, twice now. But he also played bs game back n forths in emails once I sent him links to watch the videos of me cc'n everything....
saying .. "I can't view it." And nothing else.
Make a very detailed video - for Youtube! That might wake him up.

You have to be the first customer they’ve had ever to cc those particular heads. What was your initial desired outcome with the claim? They would have been best off honoring it, then either done their own checking, come up with an average cc +/- or some type of wording as to the production variances, changed the listing and been good. Their response is typical of too many people in general: when given the opportunity to just do the right thing, they choose defensive, denial, arrogance, blame etc. Greedy basrards, They spent that cash long ago and they ain’t coughing it up! Best of luck.

I finally got my class action settlement from the "cruise line cell phone solicitation" lawsuit.

Remember that?

Supposed to be $2500 per unsolicited call.

I had nine calls documented.

My settlement check was for $1.49 - ONE DOLLAR and forty nine cents!

I can guarantee these are made in China as speed master / pro COMP are the same country here and 99.9% of their stuff is Chinese and they have a very bad reputation here in Australia within the hobby I think it is only newbies that purchase off them until they get burnt or get the good word

You may not remember, but several years ago, almost every company of lawn mower motor manufacturers got busted in a class action suit about false horse power claims. I think I got 8 dollars. lol The point is, something should be AS ADVERTISED if you buy it. If not, it's either a mistake, or someone is flimflammin some ****.

And all this "what did you expect" helps no one. As someone who contributes a lot around here, yall could lay off that **** with him. That ain't cool. I agree when he said he expected them to be as advertised and similar to other offerings from other companies. It's bullshit that they were not and more bullshit how he's gettin the run around.

Same thing happened years ago with Air Compressors...

Can you buy from summit and just use their custome service to return due to manufacture defects or not as advertised? Small claims court to get your money back but it will cost you court fees. A class action lawsuit won't get you rich. Only the lawyers who get >33% of the entire judgement and the other 66% gets devided by the other 400 plantiffs minus court fees of course.

And they take costs. You basically end up with near 0 but the lawyers are happy.

I finally got my class action settlement from the "cruise line cell phone solicitation" lawsuit.

Remember that?

And some lawyer has free cruises for his family for life.

Remember that?

So they had 3 million dollars set aside for plantiffs and there were 9 million call infractions so each call was a .17 award.....sounds about right. Disgusting....

I had a long battle with Speedmaster. I bought a set of BB heads but wound up going SB instead - totally my doing. I requested a return and got one, I shipped them back on my dime, and then I spent MONTHS trying to actually get my money back. I had many, many emails and conversations with the notorious Jason M, who fell all over himself apologizing, stating they were inundated with orders, the return/receiving guy quit, we reorganize the warehouse and it's hard to find things, andonandonandon. I finally called my bank and worked through the credit card people to actually get the money back. I've been down this road with terrible sellers before so when things started going off the rails I documented everything in great detail. A week later, I got my refund. It's the last time I will mess with those guys. It's almost as if they think horrid customer service is a sport, and they go out of their way to be at the top of the list.

You may not remember, but several years ago, almost every company of lawn mower motor manufacturers got busted in a class action suit about false horse power claims. I think I got 8 dollars. lol The point is, something should be AS ADVERTISED if you buy it. If not, it's either a mistake, or someone is flimflammin some ****.

And all this "what did you expect" helps no one. As someone who contributes a lot around here, yall could lay off that **** with him. That ain't cool. I agree when he said he expected them to be as advertised and similar to other offerings from other companies. It's bullshit that they were not and more bullshit how he's gettin the run around.

I super-size with the guy and everything, but didn't
he get cheap heads because they were cheap? (Edit, I do not think OP said that. I miss remembered).
I mean, let's face facts: the tolerance on the volume in question is what? +/- 1cc? 5? 20?

How exact would a set of trick flow heads be? How much extra does cnc porting cost, to eliminate production variables?

Sorry, but if OP is just now figuring out that Made In China is code for 'stick it to the dumb American, that's on him. Speed costs cubic dollars, and so does going fast. Pay up or shut up.

ESPECIALLY when buying Chinesium online.

I do feel bad for OP, BUT I've learned this lesson more than once in dealing with China

he get cheap heads because they were cheap? (Edit, I do not think OP said that. I miss remembered).
I mean, let's face facts: the tolerance on the volume in question is what? +/- 1cc? 5? 20?

How exact would a set of trick flow heads be? How much extra does cnc porting cost, to eliminate production variables?

Sorry, but if OP is just now figuring out that Made In China is code for 'stick it to the dumb American, that's on him. Speed costs cubic dollars, and so does going fast. Pay up or shut up.

I do feel bad for OP, BUT I've learned this lesson more than once in dealing with China

Advertised as 179cc and were $379 bucks BARE at the time when eq and rhs were done. 2+2=You assumed wrong.
Don't feel bad...really, you needn't waste your time.This thread isn't asking for your tyoe of opinion anyway.

My advice would be to drop it and move on, you will have to hire and attorney at $150-$250/ hour they will continue to file extension after extension, this would probably go on for at least a year or more, if you have unlimited funds and are fighting on principle then go for it, but be prepared to have this drag on for quite some time

I had a customer buy a pair of those cast iron heads, I took one look at them and had him return them to Jegs where he bought them.

A LONG time ago, I bought a flimsy looking timing light from Montgomery Wards. Id was SO dim, you could not use it. I went back to return it, and was told, "What did you expect for $5?". I said that I expected a timing light that worked as advertised on the package. I did have to argue a bit, but I got my refund.
Damn now your showing your age. I guarantee alot of folks never heard of Monkey Wards. I had one of those cheap as lights. Only way you could use it was at night.

29cc's smaller than advertised. That's a big discrepancy.

Have to also consider the cast iron version was never marketed or intended for performance usage, and although the valve job is abysmal, a little work and they would be suitable for a bone stock replacement head, to replace a cracked set

Have to also consider the cast iron version was never marketed or intended for performance usage, and although the valve job is abysmal, a little work and they would be suitable for a bone stock replacement head, to replace a cracked set
Where does it say their heads are or aren't for performance usage?
Wtf is a rhs or eq?
179cc isn't a stock replacement port size, is it? NO, ID BUY A STOCK REPLACE HEAD @200 SOMETHING$.
They're angling with their bogus description.
You haven't had a set in front of you if you think they're suitable as a stock replacement head. Wtf are you coming from with that bullshit? The head isn't suitable for anything without chamber and valve job work.
I really get tired of those who like hear themselves sound like they know what their talking about. Must be a diff head, cause these aren't even what you say they are.
Btw What the fk you think I'm gonna come back with when you say this ****. fkin get real and come talk when it's your dollar!

Last edited:
This is nothing more than the direction the world has been headed for the last 25-30 years. No accountability. I can say I sell the best BBQ sandwich in the world! Why not? I don’t have to prove it. Or back up my claim. Its up to you to prove me wrong. Years ago i was part of a class action law suit. I don’t even recall what it was for. My cut $3.12. I tore it up. I figured it would cause more of a headache to carry that balance on the books than it would do me good.

I wasn't seriously asking what a rhs head is... damn.lol

I'm no English major... it was rhetorical.
I cant find the post I was responding to, but somehow it disappeared and quoted another instead.
I've been around for some time. Have a set rhs heads sitting here.
May those of you talking **** get fucked on the next deal you make ...and when you do...shut up and suck it up ya fk heads.
Couldn't pay me enough to hang out with some of you! **** man.

Last edited:
The only thing I will buy from them is the bare aluminum heads on black Friday. If edelbrock would get some competitive pricing on their bare heads I wouldn't even buy the sm heads. After the shipping/ordering debacle I got into the last time that's the only thing tempting enough to bite on.
I'm done with Speedmaster garbage.
Many companies sell chinese crap.
The diff is many honor their product warranty/return and actually seek your future business. Speedmaster knows once you get their **** and realize its sub performance potential that they never buy again.
These same people saying the heads I bought were trash, are the same people saying their speedmaster valves are good and suitable for high rpm, spring psi and high hp builds. So convenient!!
So I'm over here saying the hardware is garbage but the heads can be made into something and these people say the hardware is awesome and that they has our garbage and all comes from the same place. Ok. :rolleyes:

-
Back