Laysons has Intentionally stolen my money and decieved me.

-

shanker

Reaction score
Why did I do this to myself, I was standing in their Booth at the Lone Star Shootout back in October of 2005 and told the salseman how I would LOVE to have a new set of those R/T emblems for my quarter scoops on my Coronet R/T. He said that they didnt have any at the show but if I paid now they would be shipped whithen a week of them getting back to the Office. So 55 dollars later I was happy...

Fast forward 2 months. Still no emblems and Laysons cant find the order number b/c they said that the Show orders were placed somewhere else...

Fast forward another month: Still no emblems, Laysons says that all show orders are going out by the end of December. I get mad, and immediately called state Attorney Generals office (Greg Abbot in Texas) and file a mail fraud complaint. I then call Laysons back and said that under TX state law, it is illegal for them to charge my credit card before shipping a product, they try and say that they are Washington based and that Washington does not have that Law, I informed them that according to MY state attorney Generals office, that since the transaction took place IN HOUSTON TEXAS, they were operating under TX law and cannot charge my credit card before shipping an item.

10 days later: I got some emblems in the mail, one was a R/T emblem for a challenger grille and the other was something else that we never could Identify, I immedately called laysons and let them know of THEIR SCREWUP, they said to ship them back and that they would just credit my CC the FULL AMOUNT of the transaction plus shipping back to them (I have ALL THIS IN EMAIL FROM CHRIS BORDEN, Controller)

So after waiting a few months, I still didnt have a credit so I gave them another e-mail and was told that they didnt have my CC on file so I need to call them to tell them the # to credit the amount back to. I missed this email and didnt catch it for another few months..MY BAD

I finially talk to Chris (he calls me at work) to take my CC # and said that it would be done by Monday (this was a Friday). (This was 3 weeks ag0)

Fast forward to yesturday: I get a credit of 50 dollars, 11.13 less than the transaction amount, I am FURIOUS!

-Patrick Smith

Unhappy Laysons customer, my one and only time.

08/22/06 2:20pm - Ok...well Mr. Borden just emailed me back and informed me that I was LIED to that they will refund the total invoice bill of 55 dollars but I am still stuck w/ the 6.13 shipping back to them.

and I dont even get a reach around. I am going to be wearing a shirt in front of their booth at the Lone Star shootout that will be some nice advertising for them.

Layson's has one of the worst reputations for this kind of stuff,they advertise parts that they don't even have!
I seen quite a few people complaining about them on the other Mopar boards.

i went round and round with dave layson and eric,,my e mail contact took a year for them to get me what i payed for finally,,do not i repeat do not send laysons money in any form,,,if they havew some thing you need and it really exsists buy it from them in person,,, cash and carry,,,

OH dont forget to ask,,,if the parts fits or needs modifing,,,,,

You can call your cc company and tell them you are disputing the charges and you want them reversed.

If there is such a law in Texas then paying for an item with paypal on ebay before it is shipped would be illegal if both parties reside in Texas wouldn't it? That could throw a wrench into things.

340mopar said:
If there is such a law in Texas then paying for an item with paypal on ebay before it is shipped would be illegal if both parties reside in Texas wouldn't it? That could throw a wrench into things.

no, because ebay is an auction and by bidding you are agree'ing to the auction terms which is a legal binding contract

Just because two parties agree to something it doesn't mean you can circumvent a state law. In other words a contract is not binding if it is found to be in violation of a law. Laws can void contracts unless the law voiding a contract is found to be unconstitutional. And if what you say is true, you and Layson's had a binding contract that you would pay them first and they would ship later so the law had no jurisdiction in this matter as you stated it did. But that is not the case, your contract with Layson's was nule & void because your contract with them was in violation of a state law and is also the reason they have to refund all of your money back.

I ordered a Mod top vinyl top and a rear seat cover for my 69 Dart Swinger,I finally got a call from them that they were out of the Mod Top material but would ship the seat cover.I was in no hurry for it but it did take about 6 weeks for it to arrive.Does anyone know of any other source for mod Top vinyl top material.

Bobby

Thanks for the post. I was just about to order a carpet set and door sills from them. Will not do that now. I had ordered some misc. convertible parts a month ago - got an email stating that the prices on their website had not been upgraded and that my parts would cost an additional 10%. No big deal. A week later I got another email stating that the parts are on backorder. Those were small things, but your post will keep me from ordering the larger items from them. Thanks.

It seems this kind crap is not exclusive to Layson's. I went through a similar scenario with Year One. :scratch:

My last experience with Layson's was crap also. Took forever to get here and when it did parts were wrong then it took them 3 weeks to answer my e-mail and then they said the parts had to be modified. Didn't say anything about that before they got my money though. They were cheap items or I would've filed a CC fraud claim. I won't order from them again either unless it's absolutely necessary. I've had much better luck with The Paddock. Haven't tried Year One.

Greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaattt
Make me nervous on my tranny lines I ordered. Just got an e-mail saying shipped though.
Fingers crossed!

Same here, now I'm worried too.... I'm about to drop big coins for a full set of lenses for my `68 Barracuda, which NO ONE else has! Layson's is the only game in town for these pieces I need. Got us by da short hairs, huh? :scratch:

Good luck to everyone waiting and/or being jerked around. I'll probably buy mine in person at either E-town or Carlisle next year. Thanks for the heads up.... I'd be pissed too.

FASTBACK340 said:
I'm about to drop big coins for a full set of lenses for my `68 Barracuda, which NO ONE else has! Layson's is the only game in town for these pieces I need.

um they may not have it either, ive heard of them advertising stuff they plan to have but dont actually have at the moment. I want the 68 Dart rear tail panel they always have at the spring fling, but i will only get it there, if i order it ill never see it

I learned my lesson with Laysons and this is the only way and I mean the only way to deal with them:

What ever part you need have it in your hand the real mccoy and make sure its what they say it is and is right for your car and the correct year.

Then and only THEN when you are satisfied pay them.

If you follow this you will be OK.

I bought from there web site and still have there lenses in the box not even close to being correct for my car.

FASTBACK340 said:
Same here, now I'm worried too.... I'm about to drop big coins for a full set of lenses for my `68 Barracuda, which NO ONE else has! Layson's is the only game in town for these pieces I need. Got us by da short hairs, huh? :scratch:

Good luck to everyone waiting and/or being jerked around. I'll probably buy mine in person at either E-town or Carlisle next year. Thanks for the heads up.... I'd be pissed too.
Layson's got me for $179 for a 4 speed hump. I stupidly ordered it online for $98 + shipping. They emailed that they were temporarily out of stock and the price may go up to $159. I called and told them to forget it and ordered one from Keisler for $109 + shipping. About two weeks after I got the hump from Keisler, another one arrived UPS. Called Keisler and was told that they only shipped one, so I called Layson's and they said that they had one drop shipped from their new supplier (Sherman, the hump had their part number on it) and that my CC had been charged $179. They graciously agreed to give me store credit if I ship the hump back to them at my cost.
As for Barracuda tail lights, try ebay.com.au the Australian VL Ute used 67 or 68 Cuda tail lights. They are the ones with the backup lights in the center of the inside edge of the light. There are lots of Aussie restoration suppliers on ebay there and they will be glad to ship stateside. Even better, the Aussie dollar is only worth 75 cents US. Hope this helps.

-
Back