Lca rubber bush that fit

-

Boduke

Reaction score
Moog k791 r junk
The pin is loose fit
Rock auto offers mevotech ms254121
And quicksteer k791 which is suspect becaue its same part number as moog.
I just read a post about delco being good fit . I dont want poly.
anyone just do this job (recently) with success? If so what r all the cool kids using?
I will pay up for quality. I will replace the pins if i have to, but would prefer to use what i have

summit has the delco that bro was just talking about in a recent other thread as fitting well.. i ordered delco and pst.. let the taste test begin…

Don't worry about other brands using the Moog part number. Moog owned such a large portion of the aftermarket chassis parts sales that many others just adopted their numbers to cut down on confusion.
Whether today's parts are junk or not has to be taken on a case by case basis. I hope the Delcos or PSTs work for you.

The only true way of ensuring NOS or USA made anymore is to shop Ebay or older parts collections. The offsore parts just are not up to snuff..

Summit delcos expected to ship 7/22
Woof. No wonder everyone uses poly.
Counting on PST to come thru big

Ordered mevotech as well.
Let the pepsi challenge begin…

Proforged is what you need to buy. This road has been traveled before, the list of manufacturers that work has already been made by another member here, @RealWing . I don’t see Mevotech on the list, that part is probably a new offering for them.

LCA pin loose in bushing

lca-bushing-dimensions-jpg.jpg

NOS bushings are a bad idea also. Rubber oxidizes, so a 30+ year old bushing is not still “new”. They may have been better quality before, but there’s no chance they’ll last now. Unless you just need them for the shells they’re a waste of money.

delco gold, mevotech, proforged (rubber) and napa house brand have been pretty good of late.

everybody harps on about NOS stuff or dead stock off ebay. rubber deteriorates from the jump so something that is 25~30+ years old is likely to fail quickly. that's a mistake i'll only make once. doing that job sucks, doing that job again for free sucks even more.

Well i have delco, pst unknown brand and mevotech en route.

Last edited:
delco gold, mevotech, proforged (rubber) and napa house brand have been pretty good of late.

everybody harps on about NOS stuff or dead stock off ebay. rubber deteriorates from the jump so something that is 25~30+ years old is likely to fail quickly. that's a mistake i'll only make once. doing that job sucks, doing that job again for free sucks even more.
I was actually shocked how supple my original 48 year old bushings were. there were cracks on the flanges of the UCA bushings, but both uppers and lowers pressed out in one piece and were still very flexible. they were deformed or creeped such that the inner sleeve wasn't concentric with the outer sleeve, though...

same with my 33 year old moog shackle bushings....

Why is delco red and green?
On the list? Same part number?
Luck of the irish?

Because he bought two bushings, one fit and one didn’t. So they have quality control issues. Maybe you get lucky and both fit, but I think it’s more likely you’d get two that don’t fit vs two that do fit.

I was actually shocked how supple my original 48 year old bushings were. there were cracks on the flanges of the UCA bushings, but both uppers and lowers pressed out in one piece and were still very flexible. they were deformed or creeped such that the inner sleeve wasn't concentric with the outer sleeve, though...

same with my 33 year old moog shackle bushings....

They’re still junk. It’s like guys thinking it’s ok to run 30+ year old tires. You wanna run around with a time bomb? Rubber oxidizes and deteriorates, it is a simple fact of its chemical composition.

Ha!. i love ur candor.. canceled delco and ordering proforged.I appreciate all the help on this. Keeping my junk on the open road.

They’re still junk. It’s like guys thinking it’s ok to run 30+ year old tires. You wanna run around with a time bomb? Rubber oxidizes and deteriorates, it is a simple fact of its chemical composition.
don't disagree, it was time to replace, especially since my original ball joints needed to be replaced with close to 1/8" of play in the driver's side....

I'm feeling a little nervous on my 13 year old front tires, planning on replacing them soon, I've got 3 cars that all need tires at the same time.....

I just did the whole front end on the wife's 64 Dart . Pst rubber kit. Everything fit. Got it aligned at Dedham Super Service. Dave does a great job!

20240531_114304.jpg

20240529_152359.jpg

-
Back