LD340 before and after porting numbers.

-
Southest Gassers Super Stock class not NHRA -
4 speed only
No 4 links or Cal tracs
Max overbore 0.60
Specific alum heads allowed and weight added for heads
Hoosier designed a specific tire for group basically 1967 NHRA tire rule (7") wide 29" tall
Dual plane intakes only 1" spacer allowed
9.5 Lbs per cubic inch (small block) with driver
3100 pounds min weight regardless of cubic inch
For Chevys

So the question I have is. The intake is capable of say 240 at .500 then the heads don’t need to be porting to much past that. Or if the heads are only capable of 240 will the intake cut the flow down regardless. Do you think you need a head flow of 260 something to make the intake flow a 240. In this particular situation would you be better off matching the heads to the intake, if the intake is only capable of a 240 does it loose velocity when it hits the head that’s capable of more, Posibly loosing some fuel atomization. Just thoughts

So the question I have is. The intake is capable of say 240 at .500 then the heads don’t need to be porting to much past that. Or if the heads are only capable of 240 will the intake cut the flow down regardless. Do you think you need a head flow of 260 something to make the intake flow a 240. In this particular situation would you be better off matching the heads to the intake, if the intake is only capable of a 240 does it loose velocity when it hits the head that’s capable of more, Posibly loosing some fuel atomization. Just thoughts
Good question. One thing you will never have to worry about with an Edelbrock or Edelbrock copy head is slow velocity. At 190-195 approximate cc runner size (stock 170) everything you do in these heads you do to slow 400 plus airspeeds. The pinch, both walls, roof, short turn, and yes as much as I hate to even the floor. I’ve learned a lot on these heads over the last 4-5 years. The set I am running now that have gone 5.98 were done over 10 years ago. They peak flowed at the time 318 cfm only because the super Victor I ported slowed and calmed down the air speed. I used the intake as a crutch to get me were I needed to go. Now I know where to remove material and a way better valve job does this for me. Example would be when I found two bad ports on my new TrickFlow heads I attacked the short turn to gain area so I could slow and control the speed. It worked.

A little more good news on this build. Chris after seeing the numbers is going after it and going with a bigger cam.

How about this intake over the LD 340

image.jpg

image.jpg

Doing so causes a larger bank-to-bank runner length mismatch...

so it sounds as though the ld340 intake is better than the eddy dual plane air gap ?

-
Back